Back to Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets by Coursera Project Network

This 2-hour long project-based course is an introduction to spreadsheets. We’ll be using Google Sheets in this project, which is the free spreadsheet program offered by Google. With that said, most of the concepts that you will learn in this project will be applicable to other spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.  We will cover the following concepts in a hands-on manner: - Basic data entry, formatting and calculations - Relative and absolute cell references - Basic functions: concatenate, split, sum, average, median, min, max, count, counta - Advanced functions: vlookup, if, and, or, iferror, countif, countifs, averageif, averageifs, sumif, sumifs - Dealing with error messages - Conditional formatting - Filtering and sorting - Basic charts to visualize our data We will end the project by applying these concepts and create a basic spreadsheet model that helps us analyze household expenses. Note: If you don't have a Google account, you will need to create one to be able to complete the content....

TM
Sep 30, 2020

This has been a wonderful experience learning the core of using excel and google sheets in details, understanding the use of every function and formulas and their application in real world problems

SK
Aug 9, 2020

If you are looking for basics of excel sheet then this course has it all. Trust my words and patiently attempt this guide with practically doing things parallel. it will help you understand better.

51 - 75 of 476 Reviews for Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets

By Ayushi V

Aug 1, 2020

I think this was a good tool to learn just enough of spreadsheet knowledge you will need to carry out most of your tasks with efficiency. This a basic level course you can complete in one sitting. I highly recommend it :)

By K S S d S

Oct 1, 2020

A very good, hands-on, guided introduction to Google Sheets. It seems to be fairly comprehensive for those who attempt all the exercises prior to receiving the guided instructions whenever given the chance to do so.

By Mustafa A

Oct 20, 2020

So Excellent Nice 1st like and comment yesss n view stay connected always. Nice vedio big like👍🔔🔔🔔Done I hope you come back,#MyTv786,👍👍👍👍❤️ 💙💛🌸🌸🌺🌺💜💖🌹🍃💞💝🌱🌷💐💕https://bit.ly/2PBEung

By Jasmine J Z

Oct 16, 2020

I learned so much about Spreadsheet in less span of time. I wish I learned about this before, it could've made my work as Production Engineer easier for collecting of data and data analysis. Thank you.

By Themba M

Oct 1, 2020

By Siddharth K

Aug 10, 2020

By BHAUMIK S

Aug 30, 2020

The Course is too good for beginners just try it ones' you will learn very good basic things about Excel. A good approach by the instructor It's a unique way to study the project in Excel.

By Rekha S

Aug 3, 2020

It was an wonderful learning and hats off to the instructor. Thanks a lot for the detail step by step guidance and explanation which makes the project very easy to understand and complete.

By Rubelyn C

Oct 28, 2020

I have learned a lot that I didn't know that there were still a lot of functions that are very beneficial and very useful especially in doing the daily tasks about excel and spreadsheets.

By Aira M

Feb 16, 2021

I super love this! I did enjoy learning. I learned a lot on some basics that I didn't even know. This will help me further in my current job as we frequently use Google Sheets. Kudos!

By christopher a s

Nov 13, 2020

at first im afraid that i would not learn the spreadsheet because of unfamiliar function but now i understand those stuff that a lot for helping me pursue my dreams little by little.

By Elmer I

Oct 9, 2020

Very good project for beginners of Spreadsheets. I just realized there are plenty of functions I have not yet maximized in the use of spreadsheet. Thank you for this project.

By Puteri O

Dec 4, 2020

It was easy to follow and very useful for basic learning. Would be extra good if they added tutorials on how to work on pivot tables :-) But generally recommended!

By Farah H

Aug 26, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It was just right for me because it was a short course. With my busy schedule this really helped. the instructor explained very well.

By Douglas H

Feb 9, 2021

Instructor does an excellent job with introducing the learner to Google Sheets. Course is suited well for learners who are/are not familiar with spreadsheets.

By Renniza F D

Oct 27, 2020

This was really helpful for me as an educator. I had fun while doing the practice and most importantly I learned a lot. The tutorial was easy to follow.

By Amira I

Nov 9, 2020

I have no knowledge on this spreadsheet at the beginning. But guidance from this instructor was very good and I'm glad I found this guided project!

By Tariqul I

Sep 15, 2020

This is my first course in Coursera. This is a new experience for me.

I am really happy about completing this guided project successfully.

By Abhishek V N

Jul 26, 2020

Thank You Sir. Now I can implement the knowledge that I got throughout the course to analyze my personal expenses. I am Fully Satisfied.

By Thi T T T

Aug 15, 2020

The video is easy to learn and hear. This course gave me all of basics about Microsoft Excel, including some skills that I maybe forget

By Harish K

Oct 25, 2020

THIS PART OF COURES IS IMPRESIVE AND USFULL TO FUTER OF WORKING PLACE AND ANOTHER THEN LIFE ALL SO THANK TO GIVE ME A OPERTUNITY

By Marilou D C

Nov 19, 2020

I loved this project. Thumps up to the instructor, Sir Alex. You have made the lesson very interesting and easy to understand.

By Sushant K

Jul 3, 2020

Its a wonderful course and default knowledge of excel will be added point. Thank you teacher for your simple style to explain.

By Annel R

Oct 26, 2020

The course was really helpful in learning how to use Google sheets as well as refresh what others may have known in MS Excel.

By Ashley B

Jul 5, 2020

Great way to learn Google Sheets/Excel. Awesome hands-on desktop tool lets you work along side the instructor as you learn.