Back to Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets by Coursera Project Network

This 2-hour long project-based course is an introduction to spreadsheets. We’ll be using Google Sheets in this project, which is the free spreadsheet program offered by Google. With that said, most of the concepts that you will learn in this project will be applicable to other spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.  We will cover the following concepts in a hands-on manner: - Basic data entry, formatting and calculations - Relative and absolute cell references - Basic functions: concatenate, split, sum, average, median, min, max, count, counta - Advanced functions: vlookup, if, and, or, iferror, countif, countifs, averageif, averageifs, sumif, sumifs - Dealing with error messages - Conditional formatting - Filtering and sorting - Basic charts to visualize our data We will end the project by applying these concepts and create a basic spreadsheet model that helps us analyze household expenses. Note: If you don't have a Google account, you will need to create one to be able to complete the content....

SK

Aug 10, 2020

If you are looking for basics of excel sheet then this course has it all. Trust my words and patiently attempt this guide with practically doing things parallel. it will help you understand better.

RS

Aug 03, 2020

It was an wonderful learning and hats off to the instructor. Thanks a lot for the detail step by step guidance and explanation which makes the project very easy to understand and complete.

51 - 75 of 327 Reviews for Spreadsheets for Beginners using Google Sheets

By POONCHARAT W

Jul 16, 2020

It's great! Easy to understand and not too long lesson. I can use the skill from this for sure. Thank for your video.

By Jacqueline S

Aug 27, 2020

The course material was easy to follow and understand. Being able to pause and practice made it better for me.

By Noel G

Jul 04, 2020

It was very resourceful ,Can you please the sent video of lecture in ungraded external tool for reference

By Jay S

Jun 03, 2020

I really enjoyed this project. I learned so many thing about google spreadsheet from this online project.

By Shikhar s

Nice project only complain is that due to net speed, the cloud platform hindered with the work a lot.

By Sachin D

Aug 29, 2020

Excellent course for beginners! Although I am using Excel since long, still learnt a bit or two.. :)

By Korinne T

Sep 05, 2020

This guided project really helped me understand Google Sheets in a simple, well-constructed way!

By Johnson A M

Apr 19, 2020

Alex Margos is a great instructor. His in-depth knowledge is admirable. Thank you Alex Margos.

By Satyabrata D

Jun 04, 2020

very informative, easy way of explanation, and live real practical official handling project.

By Attiya N

Sep 11, 2020

excellent experience..seemed difficult in last lectures because I used it for the first time

By hazel l

Sep 13, 2020

Easy to follow guide and instructions. Thank you very much for the new learning experience.

By Amal V B

May 13, 2020

In Rhyme, the video was buffering several times and took more time to complete the course.

By Romana S

Jul 31, 2020

This covers almost all necessary functions and features that we need to use . Thank you .

By Bonifasius B S A

Apr 27, 2020

very helpful . but it requires some improvements, especially when using third-party tools

By Ramya G R

Jun 08, 2020

I really enjoyed working with this project. Thank you so much for the valuable teaching.

By Disha

Jul 03, 2020

I really enjoyed the sections and the course design was easy to learn and understand.

By Sachin D M

Jul 13, 2020

This course is very useful. I learned to prepare spreadsheet by using google sheets.

By Doan T T T

Jun 08, 2020

This project is very helpful for those who want to discover more about Google Sheet.

By Gudla K

Sep 12, 2020

The instructor guidelines are very helpful for completing this course successfully.

By Arpit J

Jun 01, 2020

The instructor is very good and the teaching style and content is up to the mark.

By Nivetha C

Jun 26, 2020

The course instructor made me understand the use of spreadsheet very well. Thanks

By Reshmi S

Jun 30, 2020

It is good that we can complete everything in just 2hr was great help. thank you

By Zaidan A

Jul 15, 2020

Its really help for your foundation to learn and remind more about Spreadsheets

By Alexandra U

Apr 16, 2020

Fantastic, thank you! Quiz helps a lot to practice the skills I just learned :)