Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM Skills Network

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

PK

Aug 19, 2020

A very useful course with some very interesting datasets/Jupyter notebooks to work through/practice your skills. Offers a good balanced blend between theory and practical/practice. Very good course!

301 - 325 of 2,042 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

By JAYESH H

Jul 29, 2019

Awesome Video and in depth of SQL that i don't know as i cleared my basic and advance through this video. Thanking you to guiding me and teaching me.

By Ajeet s

Dec 22, 2018

The Database and SQL for data science are very helpful because in this i have to lean sql and data science with python and hand-on experience IBM Db2

By Bahadır S

Jul 5, 2020

Working on the IBM DB2 database was very different. I was impressed with the fact that the courses were particularly practical and assignment-based.

By Xuekun Y

Sep 14, 2019

Good class, good material, The final peer-reviewed project could be better if the system let us to submit our code and automatically grade our code.

By karli s

Jan 16, 2021

I hope this knowledge brings me a fortune in the beginning 2021 to start new job opportunity, Because I learn sql and python language with ibm db2.

By Francisco A

Oct 25, 2019

Great introductory course for non SQL people. It gives insights about the tool, and matches this new knowledge with IBM tools and Python enviroment

By Luis A A

Sep 13, 2021

Very complete and challenging in my particular case module. A great way to learn how to deal SQL commands from IBM platform and Jupyter Notebooks.

By Dr S K

Oct 29, 2018

The course is very good, I had lots of problems accessing the online labs as there is connectivity issues with the development environment though.

By A V S R

Jul 26, 2022

It was good experience to gain new knowledge from this data science course with graded assignments. I learned many SQL scenarios in this course.

By Prakash G

Apr 26, 2020

With this course i have learned SQL for the first time, good explanation about the queries and databases.Looking forward to see more challenges.

By Richard K

Mar 22, 2019

Great course interesting for beginners - allows you to slowly be introduced to Data science concepts will tying it to current tools like IBM DB2

By Suyash D

Jul 19, 2018

This is an excellent course for beginners with little or no knowledge of SQL. Besides learning SQL, you will learn how to access it from Python.

By Sascha T

Aug 10, 2022

G​ave a sound overview of how to use SQL / python and the practices were challenging. Felt accomplished when I wrote code that finally worked.

By Ágnes T

Jan 3, 2022

I found this course very well built up, covering all the basics of SQL. I would highly recommend the honors module too for advanced techniques.

By Ramon M

Great course for learning how to use SQL via Python. The material was a bit dry for my taste but this is epxected for an entry-level SQL course

By Dayli S

Feb 20, 2020

It was a very good introduction to databases and the examples and hand-on exercises were very helpful. It would be great to add more exercises.

By HIDESHI Y

Mar 21, 2019

Combination of video and hands-on training are very well mixed. All the hands-on trainings are very helpful to understand SQL and data science.

By Qingzhu Y

Mar 19, 2020

I really enjoy typing and debugging the sql and python code that the course provides us with useful real-world datasets for hands-on practice.

By santosh k

Apr 29, 2020

The courses I took on Coursera are directly applicable to my job. They enable me to learn things I can use at work immediately.

Santosh Kumar

By Harsh R

Jun 26, 2019

It was Interesting as well as informative in much more efficient way. The way of explanation of the topics was on-point. Enjoyed the course.

By Griselda B M

Jan 29, 2021

This course is excellent, I learned a lot about dabases and SQL, the practices seemed very good to reinforce what is learned in the videos.

By Sreekar T

Dec 8, 2019

A good course for beginners who want to learn about databases and SQL. The theory classes and the hands-on sessions were really very good.

By Rahul R

Dec 6, 2019

The assignment given in this course and designed by the instructor hepled me in gaining command over pandas, mysql, and database management

By Pranav B

Sep 22, 2019

Very concise and to the point coursework. Amazing Course Instructors and pretty challenging assignments. Definitely worth all the hard-work

By Leke O

Sep 19, 2018

Great Hand on experience especially with IBM Db2 cloud, Jupyter Notebook connection to sql and Querying the database. Overall, I loved it.