Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

SA
Apr 22, 2020

The lessons were short and easy to follow, providing all the basics as well as a few more advanced topics, to get student quickly up-to-speed on databases and SQL and their application in D/S realm.

176 - 200 of 1,535 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

By Ibrahim A

Feb 22, 2021

The course served as a good SQL refresher and I love the that I get to run all the exercise and assignment on IBM cloud. That really saved me a lot of stress. Good foundational course overall.

By Jess M

Feb 27, 2019

Clear, thorough, well-designed. Labs give useful practice, assignments and quizzes test the actual instructional content. This course is by far the best in the IBM Data Science specialization.

By Yaroslav M

Mar 22, 2020

Great introduction to basic manipulation of SQL tables and working with the IBM DB2 databases by connecting to them with iPython. Very straightforward explanations and very enjoyable tasks.

By Brahim A

Mar 18, 2019

I found this course really exiting as I learned how one can manipulate large data from within sql API. I also appreciate platform that provides means to practice python as well as sql code.

By RISHI K

Oct 8, 2020

Best course with best difficulty and best skills as per the title .

i love this course becuase it has esssential skills needed in terms of developing the right skills for data science .

By Isis S C

Apr 26, 2020

Excelent!! Plenty of enjoyable hands-on practices make the perfect balance between challenge & progress. In just a few hours learned a lot, pouring extra agility into work right away.

By Matej K

Sep 19, 2019

Very good course including all the basic for SQL and how to connect to database storage and load data. Also, includes the use of Python and SQL queries. Plenty of hands-on exercises.

By James C

Apr 5, 2019

Excellent class. The quizzes are easy, but there are plenty of opportunities to explore the tools and material and learn more. Optional sections are excellent and highly recommended.

By Luciana M G

Mar 6, 2019

I really liked this course and it is worth it for learning basic SQL queries with Python. I wish we could have more practical exercises but on the whole this was an excellent course.

By Muhammad A I

Apr 13, 2020

In this pandemic situation, I learned basic concepts from the IBM's Database Veterans. I look forward more such things to be proficient database engineers. Thanks IBM and Coursera.

By MUHAMMAD F K

Apr 11, 2020

I must recommended this course to computer science students this course is very useful and powerful. the instructors are very good and explain this course very deeply thankyou : )

By Muhammad A

Oct 26, 2019

This course is designed very well to get hands on experience with SQL queries for beginners. The exercises were very helpful in applying what I learned. Definitely recommend this.

By Yun X

Jun 14, 2020

This is my first completed course in Coursera. The course is well organized and and very attractive. Those hands-on exercise are extremely useful and practical. Highly recommend!

By Carlos J B A

Jan 8, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Santhosh V

Mar 1, 2021

Gave me a good brush up of my very old knowledge. It had lot of practice questions that were challenging. I recommend this course for anyone interested in learning SQL language.

By Diego M E C

Oct 17, 2020

Great course for beginners or even more experienced people in SQL, the course has great content and wonderful excercises so you can get the best out of your learning experience.

By Jeampierr J C

Jan 31, 2021

Fue un curso muy bueno, si bien no se vieron ciertos temas a profundidad puedo decir que con lo que aprendí en este curso puedo afrontar ciertas tareas y realizarlas con éxito.

By Peter H

Mar 28, 2019

It was a very useful immersion to Databases and SQL. The IBM Cloud platform is amazing and a very easy to use environment which fully supported the objectives of this course.

By Ahmed Z

Jul 29, 2020

The course is extremely helpful. As reservoir engineer who is handling a lot of tables, I can say that its is really fruitful. Thanks for all who made this brilliant course

By Valentin W

Sep 20, 2020

Great course! I really enjoyed the interactive labs where you got to practically apply what you learn. By far the best course in the data science foundations certification.

By Juan C P Q

Sep 15, 2020

Great course. I already knew a little about SQL and it helped me review some knowledge and I also learned about how you can use API in Python to view and analyze your data.

By NAVIN V K

Jun 18, 2020

It was great learning experience for me, i have learned new concept as well. I am good with SQL, but logic behind the data science on SQL was most memorable and encouraging

By Yossakorn K

Jun 17, 2020

This course covers all basic SQL. I feel appreciated who made this course happen. It will be useful for those who interest in Data Science at least as the beginning skill.

By Kristian S

Dec 28, 2019

Learning SQL is fundamental for Data Scientists as most databases are SQL. You will learn how to read data from a data base and work with that data using python language

By Agnieszka K

Nov 5, 2019

Awesome course! I learned all necessities to apply SQL queries in my daily job, as well as on how to use these in Python when needed. Very practical for a solid start.