Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science by IBM

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

SA

Apr 23, 2020

The lessons were short and easy to follow, providing all the basics as well as a few more advanced topics, to get student quickly up-to-speed on databases and SQL and their application in D/S realm.

176 - 200 of 1,317 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science

By RAM K B

Apr 23, 2020

Enjoyed this course. Received timely help from teaching staff. Forum discussion among peers is also very useful. I thank the entire team associated with this course.

By MEHUL U S

Jul 21, 2019

It's an amazing course. I learn SQL, relational databases. And also it was very easy to understand. Thanks to the Teacher Rav Ahuja and thanks to the Coursera Team.

By charles l

Really good material, and coupled with IBM Watson/Cloud platform makes focusing on the material easy, instead of spending your time troubleshooting the framework.

By Claude N

Nov 07, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed using Python to query databases. Learning SQL was so easy with this tutor, videos and referencing material. Well done and Thanks so much!!!!

By Varshetha m

Apr 28, 2020

I have got a great idea about the sql and how it works,the explanation of the videos were much easier for me understand ,i gained a lot of knowledge through it.

By Amber D

Apr 22, 2020

I loved this course! Left comment about Peer Review Assignment to be sure to use the lab notebook provided in the previous lesson. Other than that it was great!

By Bhavesh G

Apr 04, 2020

Databases is play the important role in data science. I've highly recommended this course for those who will learn and build the career into data science field.

By Balvinder S

Apr 29, 2019

The course is well organized and focused on hands-on learning along with theory. Simply loved grasping the concepts and the way they have been inter-connected.

By Shikha T

Jan 01, 2020

course is good. however, more real world scenarios could be incorporated with extensive use of SQL commands. Still I have learnt a lot of things from course.

By Tsungai J M

Sep 17, 2019

Quite challenging for a first time programmer but the Labs really helped to build on the understanding from the lectures. Best course of this program so far.

By Tingyu L

Jul 09, 2019

The process is challenging (especially the final assignment). But I believe that you will gain sense of accomplishment when you figure all the questions out!

By Mia C

Jun 18, 2018

I really liked this class! The curriculum was well-organized, and I really liked the integration of IBM tools into assignments from the IBM Cloud Lite Suite

By Sumanta S

Sep 03, 2020

The course is quite comprehensive and covers all major aspects such as relational databases, SQL queries and how to use data bases for analytical purposes.

By Leandro G

Jan 18, 2019

I really liked this class, practice lab assignments were excellent and also well organized with the integration of IBM tools from the IBM Cloud Lite Suite.

By HUNG K

Apr 20, 2020

Overall a good course. I gained more confidence about my querying skill after completing this course with abundant opportunities to get hands-on practice.

By Muhammad I

Jul 11, 2019

This course is easy to understand for beginners and free access to IBM Cloud allows you to practice what you have learnt to get a good grip on the syntax.

By Prakash C

Jun 05, 2019

Great content to kick start in the filed of data. I found it extremely helpful as there aren't new courses like these in Nepal. Thank you coursera and IBM

By Devaashish S

Dec 24, 2019

Rigorous and focused study is the key to completion of this exercise. Awesome job by coursera instructors from this I learned to never give on yourself.

By ILYA N

Oct 05, 2019

Pretty good intro to SQL. The main benefit of the course are 40-50 practice question that make up the homeworks, so you get a decent amount of practice.

By Zayani M

Oct 23, 2018

I really enjoyed most of this course, but I most liked that the solutions are provided. The explanations and readings were really good in this course.

By Apurv G

Mar 12, 2020

Very well taught course. I take a lot of learnings from this course. How to login and create a table in IBM cloud and run query against it were good.

By JAYESH H

Jul 29, 2019

Awesome Video and in depth of SQL that i don't know as i cleared my basic and advance through this video. Thanking you to guiding me and teaching me.

By Ajeet K

Dec 22, 2018

The Database and SQL for data science are very helpful because in this i have to lean sql and data science with python and hand-on experience IBM Db2

By Bahadır S

Jul 05, 2020

Working on the IBM DB2 database was very different. I was impressed with the fact that the courses were particularly practical and assignment-based.

By Stephen Y

Sep 14, 2019

Good class, good material, The final peer-reviewed project could be better if the system let us to submit our code and automatically grade our code.