Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM Skills Network

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

PK

Aug 19, 2020

A very useful course with some very interesting datasets/Jupyter notebooks to work through/practice your skills. Offers a good balanced blend between theory and practical/practice. Very good course!

176 - 200 of 2,036 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

By igor s

Nov 18, 2021

Once again, very great course from IBM. I am very glad to be part of this specialization- IBM Data Analyst. I was thinking that sql techniques are my top skills, but that is not completely true. The course gave me a lot of additional info. Thank you.

By Eric C Q

Feb 5, 2022

Muy útil el contenido tanto teórico como práctico, me hizo recordar los principales conceptos de SQL que con el tiempo había olvidado. Los laboratorios en Jupyter refuerzan muy bien la parte práctica, con variados ejemplos y problemas a resolver.

By Sri D K

Oct 13, 2021

A healthy mix of theory and practical work. The inclusion of Bonus Module was the icing on the cake for people interested in exploring more. All in all, a perfect fit in the middle of the journey for IBM Data Science Professional Certification.

By Fabio D P

Feb 28, 2021

The course is very well structured with hands-on practice and real life databases. The course starts with basic skills and evolves into combining databases, so it was very useful as a foundation for further development. I definitely recommend.

By Prathamesh L

Jul 22, 2020

A good and elaborate course for beginners.

Hands on lab assignments are better than most of the courses and Mr. Rav Ahuja and team have been spot on in covering the core of the topic.

A great stepping stone to start off data science using SQL

By Terry G

Apr 24, 2020

This had some great overviews of using SQL with Python and also got me to connect with an external database. I don't have a lot of SQL experience, so some of this way review for me, so I can't speak to someone that is less familiar with SQL.

By Ritesh I G

Sep 25, 2020

I am very happy that I have completed this course. I find this course useful for office needs, all the sessions were very interactive, meaningful and easy to understand. Solving real world problem was fun and thoroughly enjoyed this course!

By Filipe S M G

Aug 22, 2019

This is a very good introductory (and maybe even intermediate) course on SQL (with and without Python/Jupyter). I only miss more reading material to avoid going back to the videos - maybe the slides could be made available after each week.

By Ajith R

Aug 17, 2020

I loved the training and the material as well. The only thing painful was doing the peer assignment, you need to take screenshot and then upload. It would have been easier if we could have just click on the Submit in the juypter notebook.

By Himesh K

Jun 15, 2019

Awesome course to gain practical knowledge of using databases from the cloud with a jupiter notebook. The course was really helpful and helped to gain an overview. An increased thirst to have better knowledge/grip on the user perspective.

By Debarshi B

Jan 13, 2022

Everything was well-taught with examples and labs. The quiz was created based on videos and labs, and the final project gave me a chance to revise everything. Overall, a 10/10 Course. Loved it. Thank you, IBM, staff members and my peers.

By Damilola O

While this course is a demanding one, it is also quite interesting and well loaded with deep knowledge. I enjoyed every bit of it and I did not mind the time I had to keep up late some nights running Jupyter Notebook and querying data.

By Jecris M

Mar 17, 2021

I had a challenging but fulfilling and wonderful experience in this course. Thank you so much, Coursera for helping me finished this skills. I gained so much confidence in SQL Db2 management and Python access. More power to your team!

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By XIXI Q

Jan 7, 2022

This is a very complete course for building fundamental skills with SQL. I've really enjoyed the numerous hands-on practice sections which solidify the knowledge from the lectures. Plus the free-trial bonus for IBM DB2 cloud service!

By Stuti D

Jun 19, 2021

This course was really helpful for me as it helped me in learning basic SQL skills with and without Python to a good extent. Would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is just starting out with learning Databases and SQL!

By Diego M

Jun 28, 2019

Great introduction!

I had no experience with SQL at all. This course helped a lot in understanding many details about RDBMS.

I can now do many useful queries and have a head start when start to read a RDBMS book to deep my knowledge!

By Moisés L G N

Jul 26, 2022

I had a lot of problems with the IBM Cloud platform. However, I have completed 5 courses with Coursera and I've never had any problem with the platform before. So I rated the course 5 stars due to the high quality of the content.

By CHUA W K

Jul 8, 2020

This problem is excellent , i've totally no experience in programming but i still can success for the assignment ! be patient , re-watch all those videos , it will help you to understand the sequences and your assignment needed!

By Pratyay R

May 30, 2022

in this course you will learn how to connect to a databse and then working on this database useing python,also learing , how to connect to a online data set useing python and many more my sql function like join,aggregate , etc

By Muhammad A

Aug 22, 2019

Although I have previous knowledge about SQL and databases, I have worked on Oracle 11g as well but by doing this course now i am able to connect IBM-db2 API with python. I have learned how to code in python to access databases

By Yair T

Aug 1, 2022

Me gustó mucho este curso, muy util para el manejo de bases de datos y la obtención de grupos de datos con características específicas dentro de los datos, asi como relaciones entre tablas y consultas desde Jupyter. Excelente.

By Nikhil J

Apr 13, 2020

Definitely recommended. Great course, good basics, and assignments. But, IBM Cloud throws random errors sometimes when you try to open the db2 console (402, 502, 404). Just refresh it multiple times. Should solve the problem.

By Anil k

Dec 12, 2019

This is best platform to improve your skills, i got to much practical knowledge to work forward for my career. i would highly recommend everyone , who is reading this, go for it. You would thank me later for recommendation..

By Vladimir A

Sep 6, 2019

This course has great technical support and good material. The lectures are informative and understandable. I first met such a quick feedback from the course technicians. It 's a great cloud lab experience. You 'll like it.