Back to Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM

Much of the world's data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist. The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment. The emphasis in this course is on hands-on and practical learning . As such, you will work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets. You will create a database instance in the cloud. Through a series of hands-on labs you will practice building and running SQL queries. You will also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python. No prior knowledge of databases, SQL, Python, or programming is required. Anyone can audit this course at no-charge. If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you can also earn an IBM digital badge upon successful completion of the course. LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

BS

Amazing course for beginners! The entire course is well structured and has good hands-on assignments. SQL is extremely essential for Database management and fun learning so please do try this one out!

PK
Aug 19, 2020

A very useful course with some very interesting datasets/Jupyter notebooks to work through/practice your skills. Offers a good balanced blend between theory and practical/practice. Very good course!

176 - 200 of 1,692 Reviews for Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python

By Muhammad A

Aug 22, 2019

Although I have previous knowledge about SQL and databases, I have worked on Oracle 11g as well but by doing this course now i am able to connect IBM-db2 API with python. I have learned how to code in python to access databases

By Nikhil J

Apr 13, 2020

Definitely recommended. Great course, good basics, and assignments. But, IBM Cloud throws random errors sometimes when you try to open the db2 console (402, 502, 404). Just refresh it multiple times. Should solve the problem.

By Anil k

Dec 12, 2019

This is best platform to improve your skills, i got to much practical knowledge to work forward for my career. i would highly recommend everyone , who is reading this, go for it. You would thank me later for recommendation..

By Vladimir A

Sep 6, 2019

This course has great technical support and good material. The lectures are informative and understandable. I first met such a quick feedback from the course technicians. It 's a great cloud lab experience. You 'll like it.

By Mukkesh G

May 30, 2019

This course starts with the basics and gradually covers most of the topics in SQL. The hands-on lab exercises are extremely useful and give the learner a good command over practical applications of SQL+Python architecture.

By Chris A B

Jun 8, 2019

I enjoyed learning about Data Science and the use of Cognitive Class Labs, IBM Watson Studio, IBM Cloud, IBM DB2, Jupyter Notebooks and Python. I am looking forward to subscribing to the Professional Specialization next.

By Bhanu P E

Jul 24, 2019

This is an excellent course covering end to end SQL and python/Jupytr notebook integration as this forms the basis of data import going forward. The Ungraded labs and Final assignments were really good hands on practice.

By Jesús G A S

Jun 10, 2019

Probably the best course in the specialization thus far! Notebooks provided are invaluable to learn how to interface a jupyter notebook with IBM cloud. I had not found this information elsewhere in such a concise manner.

By Ashirwad S

Jul 29, 2019

The course was well structured and elaborated. It was a combination of hands-on as well as lectures on essential concepts of Databases with knowledge on using IBM DB2 in IBM Cloud. This was a really helpful experience.

By Jiahui C

May 30, 2019

A very comprehensive and introductory course in SQL and data science. If you have no background in SQL and interested in learning it, you should take this class. And the specialization that this course is in is useful.

By Alesia V

Oct 13, 2020

This was a wonderful introductory course which got me inspired to embark on a SQL learning journey. I loved the practical real-life application of the study materials introduced in the course labs. Thank you IBM team!

By Truong G

Mar 20, 2020

This course is exceedingly practical and knowledgeable of SQL commands, IBM cloud database Db2, visualization with python on Jupyter notebooks. Thanks so much for IBM, the instructor, Coursera for building this course

By Wang P

Feb 21, 2019

I like the practice in this class. Playing with real data is so interesting.

SQL language is not so complicated itself and with enough practice I feel that I understand how to combine several queries in proper order.

By martin k

Apr 9, 2021

This course was great, and fit exactly what I wanted the course to be, which focused more on an intermediate level for SQL users. Also, the focus on Python was greatly beneficially for me. Nothing bad to say. 5/5

By Azhan A

Sep 5, 2019

Great Course, polished my skills on SQL. I must say it s a challenging course. I've previously completed SQL course but it also teaches you how to connect it with IBM cloud which is I think is a great initiative.

By Muhammad F D

Apr 12, 2021

The only comment is that the usage of DB2 of IBM may not be available all the time. So, suggest if you can mention other tools that can be used locally on PC to help student to follow up and complete the tasks.

By Maksim M

Apr 9, 2019

The most serious and closest to professional course I've taken on Coursera so far (out of about 20). Both fundamentals and real-life practical skills are taught in a plain and clear manner. The Labs are great.

By Kaitlyn

Jun 20, 2018

Great course! I learned the basics of SQL. Wish there was a more in depth discussion of SQL and its capabilities, but I received a great base and it helped me remember everything I had forgotten from college.

By Abigail B

Feb 6, 2020

Excellent introduction to SQL as well as using SQL within a Python environment to query data. Provides a solid background in basic database management and utility, as well as a good transition into analysis.

By Brian B

Nov 25, 2020

Good hands-on practice with SQL in a Python and Data Science context. Covers the very basics of SQL, including relational database fundamentals plus DDL, and then builds to some decent challenging queries.

By Carlos A

Feb 21, 2020

This course gave me all the basic knowledge of SQL that I should need for Data Science. It was so well explained that it even seems too easy. Thank you so much for this great opportunity to gain knowledge.

By kishore K

Dec 27, 2020

One of the best practice oriented, well organized course in the Coursera. I would highly recommend it to my friend too. Awesome teaching and thank you so much IBM for keeping such an awesome expert tutors

By Jean C F M

Apr 15, 2020

Learned a lot and offers a lot of real-world tips. I started this course as a beginner and couldn't be more thankful for this course for giving me a wider understanding of SQL and writing in the language.

By Anar A

Jun 7, 2020

That was an amazing course that I really improved my programming skills for data science in Python as well as SQL databases. Really like practical parts of the course which most of the part is practical.

By ousmane d

Dec 23, 2019

One of the best course I never studied before. I'm really happy with what I'm learning and experiencing in this course.

Thank you very much for your endless effort to make joice in people's life like me.