Back to SQL for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for SQL for Data Science by University of California, Davis

As data collection has increased exponentially, so has the need for people skilled at using and interacting with data; to be able to think critically, and provide insights to make better decisions and optimize their businesses. This is a data scientist, “part mathematician, part computer scientist, and part trend spotter” (SAS Institute, Inc.). According to Glassdoor, being a data scientist is the best job in America; with a median base salary of $110,000 and thousands of job openings at a time. The skills necessary to be a good data scientist include being able to retrieve and work with data, and to do that you need to be well versed in SQL, the standard language for communicating with database systems. This course is designed to give you a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data so that you can begin analyzing it for data science purposes. You will begin to ask the right questions and come up with good answers to deliver valuable insights for your organization. This course starts with the basics and assumes you do not have any knowledge or skills in SQL. It will build on that foundation and gradually have you write both simple and complex queries to help you select data from tables. You'll start to work with different types of data like strings and numbers and discuss methods to filter and pare down your results. You will create new tables and be able to move data into them. You will learn common operators and how to combine the data. You will use case statements and concepts like data governance and profiling. You will discuss topics on data, and practice using real-world programming assignments. You will interpret the structure, meaning, and relationships in source data and use SQL as a professional to shape your data for targeted analysis purposes. Although we do not have any specific prerequisites or software requirements to take this course, a simple text editor is recommended for the final project. So what are you waiting for? This is your first step in landing a job in the best occupation in the US and soon the world!...

JP
Apr 5, 2020

This course has really helped with optimizing queries that I work with everyday, enhancing my understanding of RDBMS, joins, analyzing and structuring exactly what you need and yielding those results.

AL
Aug 21, 2020

A comprehensive course that covers major aspects of query building and retrieval in a management system. The topics were delivered well and the materials/assignments were relevant for skill-building.

426 - 450 of 2,533 Reviews for SQL for Data Science

By Di H

Jul 14, 2018

The course teaches basic concepts which help understand fundamental questions like: what is SQL? why do we use it? what do we use it for?

By Jonas A

Mar 26, 2021

The course has well-designed content and great delivery that helps users who are new to coding become proficient. It's been very helpful

By TSANG C Y

Feb 24, 2021

This course have provided fundamental knowledge on SQL and the application and difference between SQL and different programming language

By Robert K

Oct 22, 2020

Great course, the multiple choice and coding questions really test you thoroughly, final portion allows you to be a little creative too.

By Apurva G

Oct 11, 2020

This course is very sharp and precise and structured for the need of Data scientist. Pretty much liked the content. Found it very useful

By Karan A

Oct 29, 2019

Its a good course to get the basics of SQL right. I liked the final assignment of analyzing a data set and providing our analysis on it.

By GOLI T S

Jun 10, 2021

This course is soo good. Sadie. St. Lawrence mam explanation is very good. I had started learning SQLite . This is my first SQL course.

By Luis A

Feb 6, 2021

I really enjoy taking this course. I already new a lot of stuff, but it is always good remebering and dig more for knowledge. Thank you

By Judy W

Dec 28, 2020

I think the provided database and coding system is very easy to use. and the final project "yelp"database is a great real-life practice

By Duaa M A H

Dec 7, 2020

Thank you very much for this amazing course!

I've learnt so much from it and it would really help me with my work in database testing.

By Afonso M G

Jun 15, 2020

Very good for getting you from 0 to a sufficently good level of SQL. A great building block to becoming very good and coding with SQL.

By Anna Z

Great course for beginners! Great instructor, explaining concepts clearly. It is definitely worth taking for anyone dealing with data.

By Björn J

Feb 20, 2020

I really learned a lot in a short time. This course is a great start if one wants to learn SQL. I can absolutly recommend this course!

By Anya S

May 30, 2019

The course provide basic solid understanding how the querying work.

I would recommend it to everyone who wants to get great background!

By Alex J

Jan 12, 2018

Excellent intro to SQL. I've already recommended it to my Operations manager as a pre-requisite for read access to our SQL databases.

By Furkan Y O

Jan 11, 2021

It is very useful to step on Data Science. It is well designed and clear. It would be much better if the examples are more exclusive.

By Dominguez, D G

Sep 2, 2019

Excelente curso!!! Aprendí muchísimo sobre SQL en este més de curso y quedé muy interesado en seguir capacitándose en "Data Science".

By Jose R

Dec 4, 2018

Very well expalined, intended mainly for anyone which does not have any prior understanding for either SQL language or data analysis.

By Dmitry S

Dec 28, 2020

The course was clear to understand, althougn I am a beginner in sql. Also I like a part where I can grade projects of my classmates.

By Chirag A

Aug 7, 2020

Hi their. I liked the course a lot and the faculty was very understandable. She teached everything with live examples . loved that!!

By Francesco L S

Nov 23, 2018

very nice introduction to SQL, in very few steps got me from my 0-knowledge to being able to understand DBs and run complex queries!

By SHANMUKESH S K

Oct 11, 2020

Clear Teaching with Assignments gives you clear view of what you are learning and help u understand easily and develop your skills.

By Imran C D

Aug 18, 2020

To be honest I learned a lot of things from this course which I did not learn from the Database courses which I took in University.

By Siddharth K

Jul 7, 2020

A course with full of concepts for beginners as well as for advance ones

theory part is interesting and Question are also very good

By Chandira I

Jan 26, 2021

This provides a very good foundation for beginners in SQL. Also, really appreciate the enthusiastic tutor that keep me focused! :)