Back to Statistical Mechanics: Algorithms and Computations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Statistical Mechanics: Algorithms and Computations by École normale supérieure

In this course you will learn a whole lot of modern physics (classical and quantum) from basic computer programs that you will download, generalize, or write from scratch, discuss, and then hand in. Join in if you are curious (but not necessarily knowledgeable) about algorithms, and about the deep insights into science that you can obtain by the algorithmic approach....

KL

Sep 23, 2017

Excellent and enthusiastic lectures and tutorials covering a number of topics. Much of the learning took place in the assignments where the concepts were applied and various points were illustrated.

YR

Mar 18, 2017

I really like this course also I am only confused by my knowledge in computing because this course is very high rated in sense of detailed explanation and easy to follow through difficult themes.

51 - 70 of 70 Reviews for Statistical Mechanics: Algorithms and Computations

Nov 01, 2016

v

By Vimos T

Aug 09, 2016

I like this course very much, I dropped out once because some of the homework questions are not quite obvious for me. After refer to other material, I survived the course. Frankly speaking, I am still not familiar with most of the contents. But this course displayed a vivid picture of MCMC. I will keep learning the subject in the future.

The discussion session is too quiet, maybe I should have asked more questions.

By Arnav A

Jun 30, 2017

Lot of difficult and important concepts presented in a fun and intuitive way, which is characteristic of a good physics course. The homeworks very effectively complement the lectures and also help clarifying doubts. Thank you very much for offering this course on Coursera. I am grateful to the team for your hard work in making this course such fun.

By Chris H

Apr 17, 2017

The lectures are great, and the material covered is awesome. I do not own a copy of the accompanied textbook, but I imagine that this course would be even better if I did.

Sometimes the homework sessions felt a little contrived - but I am fairly certain that this was just an artifact of making them peer-gradable.

By Tomas B

Feb 08, 2019

Good course. Nice focus on methods over theory.

By GIRISH B

Oct 19, 2018

Great job!!! :D

By Thomas B

Jun 04, 2018

It's very interesting to follow. However most of the lectures are very slow and reiterative except when more info is needed (e.g. detailed math).

By TATENDA Y G

Dec 27, 2018

This is one of the most underrated courses I tell you.

Learn this and you will be an expendable Data Scientist