Back to The Science of Stem Cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Stem Cells by American Museum of Natural History

What promise do stem cells hold for the treatment of medical conditions? In this five-part online course you will explore the history and basic biology of stem cells, learn about new research techniques, and find out how stem cells could lead to cures for diseases and to individualized medicine. You will hear from Museum scientists, medical researchers at the frontiers of the field, and a panel of bioethics experts who will address the ethical implications of stem cell research and therapy. Learn what has already been accomplished, what challenges remain, and what medical breakthroughs may lie ahead....

AD
Nov 27, 2020

Extremely informative course, I'm impressed by the examples and the research potential that stem cells provide. I'm also quite interested in finding out how these treatments will fare in the future.

MT
Sep 6, 2021

this course is very helpful for me it increases my knowledge and clear many concepts about regenerative therapy. Thank You all the researchers. it created interest in me in this stem cells research

326 - 350 of 436 Reviews for The Science of Stem Cells

Jan 8, 2021

great

By Arunkumar b

Sep 6, 2020

Good

By Advait R

May 13, 2020

good

By Mohand M F

Aug 13, 2021

By Shifa k A

Aug 9, 2020

H

By AAS

Jun 8, 2018

I spent a good time with this course, it was very helpful for me, especially the first week! it was rich in new, valuable information. I'm just regretted that I didn't enroll in this course before start reading articles about stem cells. It's a new field for me, so when I read articles I faced lots of hard, complicated terms. However, just from the first week of this course, everything became so clear and easy! The 5th week was a little bit harder for me, cause my native language isn't English so I spent a long time to understand the idea of the speakers in law things, also multiple speakers made me confused and less focused. Finally, THANK YOU so much dr. Zehra Dincer and your team, this course deserves all the times I spent on.

By pv h

Jun 17, 2020

this course dose provide the basic understanding about the stem cell concepts along with giving some useful insights about their application in various fields. the complete course gives you a holistic understanding about both sides the coin in the area of stem cell research. the ethical issues related to the usage of stem cell research is an eye opener about the different challenges that an aspirant stem cell researcher has to know about. the guest lectures included in the course are worth going through as they give the necessary exposure to the research experience. but a bit more updated and detailed content abut the applications would be appreciable.

By Deepika B

Jun 27, 2020

THIS COURSE WAS AMAZING AS IT TAUGHT ME ABOUT THE BASICS AND THE APPLICATIONS OF STEM CELL FROM THE ETHICAL,AS WELL AS TECHNICAL POINT OF VIEW.ALTHOUGH I FEEL THAT THE ETHICAL CONCERNS COULD BE ELABORATED BY PUTTING UP FEW PDF'S AS WELL,BECAUSE I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO ANSWER THE WEEK 5 QUESTIONS, AS MOST OF THE QUESTIONS HADN'T BEEN DISCUSSED IN THE TALK/VIDEO.I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF FEW PDF'S AND READING MATERIAL ARE ADDED TO WEEK 5 SO AS TO HELP THE STUDENTS TO ANSWER IT BETTER. THANKS A LOT COURSERA AND AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATIONAL HISTORY FOR THIS EXCELLENT COURSE!!