Back to The Science of Stem Cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Stem Cells by American Museum of Natural History

What promise do stem cells hold for the treatment of medical conditions? In this five-part online course you will explore the history and basic biology of stem cells, learn about new research techniques, and find out how stem cells could lead to cures for diseases and to individualized medicine. You will hear from Museum scientists, medical researchers at the frontiers of the field, and a panel of bioethics experts who will address the ethical implications of stem cell research and therapy. Learn what has already been accomplished, what challenges remain, and what medical breakthroughs may lie ahead....

AD
Nov 27, 2020

Extremely informative course, I'm impressed by the examples and the research potential that stem cells provide. I'm also quite interested in finding out how these treatments will fare in the future.

D
Nov 9, 2020

Everything was very well discussed. I am glad I took this course because it made my knowledge about stem cells widen in both ethical and scientific aspects. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

51 - 75 of 379 Reviews for The Science of Stem Cells

By Alex

Mar 15, 2019

A very informative course. Especially for scientists as well as other people who would like to know more about stem cell and stem cell research. Highly recommended for people who would like to explore possibility of working with stem cells.

By Yunong X

Jun 3, 2018

Great introductory course about stem cells, including the brief history and some cut-edge research in the field at present, together with the introduction of the ethical issues about stem cell research. It is quite attractive and informative!

By Sunrito M

It was a fruitful and interesting course. The stem cell technology is one of the most intriguing domains for research in biotechnology, and even it is a complex thing, the faculties explained it in a very basic way which was really helpful.

By ZOHRA N N

Feb 10, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! All the guest speakers were very engaging and the lectures had the right balance in terms of the information and the pace. What I loved the most was the ethical aspect of stem cell research and usage.

By Meghana O

Aug 2, 2020

A great course which covers all the basics of stem cell technology and different research aspects of stem cell technology. i Would like to thank American Museum of Natural History and coursera for introducing this wonderful course

By Sreshtha N

Sep 10, 2020

Very interesting field of topics regarding stem cell research has been discussed and extra links have also been provided if anyone wishes to explore more in the stem cell world. This course surely made me curious to learn more !

By Dr.Mohan P

Jun 4, 2020

The course is very informative and helpfull not only for aquiring the knowledge but for its application in Medical teaching and Medical Practice. i humbly thank all the Instructers and scientists for their immense contribution.

By Ferdy B

Feb 14, 2019

This course was really interesting. It helped me understand a wee more about the politics regarding the use of stem cells in the US, and different applications they could have after passing the corresponding clinical trials.

By Samuel N

Oct 27, 2020

This course is quite informative and surprisingly good in making me understand the next innovative technique which is going to use in the future pharmaceutical industry and R&D labs and their ethics behind using it

By Ghada G H

Apr 30, 2020

Very nice course. I recommend it to anyone wants to know concepts of stem cells and their life applications. Mr. Mazzoni is an excellent lecturer. I want to thank all doctors who participated in making this course.

By Anandi S

Jun 4, 2020

This is an excellent course. The lectures were engaging and interesting. It was an awesome start into exploring a new field and all the speakers were dynamic and outstanding. Their works were clearly presented.

By Ashley C D

Nov 28, 2020

By Daffodils P

Nov 10, 2020

By EDEN J A

Dec 27, 2020

Very informative, relevant and helpful lessons on Stem Cells. I have learned a lot and I'm excited to expound my knowledge on the science of stem cells and their future applications in medicine.

By SHEIKH M R A S

Jul 12, 2020

It is the best course for beginners who want to get the basic knowledge about stem cells. The lecture was greatly designed and amazingly delivered. Very comprehensive and the pace is just okay.

By Vanessa L

Jul 24, 2018

This is a great course and I really enjoyed each week and the topics debated. I was able to expand my knowledge about stem cells and learned a lot. Thanks to all the involved in this course!

By Reeja R

May 23, 2020

It was my first time using Coursera and the experience was brilliant. Each session was new and different and has almost covered all the topics in the field of stem cell research. Thank you.

By 19UZLA028

Jul 10, 2020

it was an excellent course,,,all d details were covered very neatly and precisely in a very short period of time.i think if you wanna know more about stem cells this is the perfect course

By DR S S F

Apr 20, 2020

I would like to thank the Course coordinators and tutors for the lucid update and details of Stem cells. It has been a great time relearning the basics to the latest regarding stem cells.

By Debosmita S

May 7, 2020

The course is really good, informative. Can understand easily. Interesting. Have information of research process, expected results, application. And ethical issues are well explained

By Mark G

Aug 28, 2020

This course was incredible. Thanks to all the instructors who devoted their time and talents to be educational missionaries to the world. I am grateful and better for their efforts.

By Yashi M

Jul 2, 2020

Very nice course, it gives a vast information about stem cells- their working, functions and the ethical issues.I really enjoyed this course. This course has increased my knowledge.

By Mercy N P

Aug 5, 2020

The course was very interesting and presented well. I wish I could get a glimpse of the practical side. How these stem cell lines are prepared, and maintained and all those stuff.

By Vinnie S N

Apr 20, 2020

So informative and interesting. Loved the course and the way it was conducted. So easy to understand and learn. The best part is to be able to grasp it according to my speed.

By Akshi A

May 12, 2020

I really loved this course! The information was totally based on their own lab experiences and they had answers to all what? How? Thankful to the professors and researchers