Back to The Science of Stem Cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Stem Cells by American Museum of Natural History

What promise do stem cells hold for the treatment of medical conditions? In this five-part online course you will explore the history and basic biology of stem cells, learn about new research techniques, and find out how stem cells could lead to cures for diseases and to individualized medicine. You will hear from Museum scientists, medical researchers at the frontiers of the field, and a panel of bioethics experts who will address the ethical implications of stem cell research and therapy. Learn what has already been accomplished, what challenges remain, and what medical breakthroughs may lie ahead....

AD
Nov 27, 2020

Extremely informative course, I'm impressed by the examples and the research potential that stem cells provide. I'm also quite interested in finding out how these treatments will fare in the future.

MT
Sep 6, 2021

this course is very helpful for me it increases my knowledge and clear many concepts about regenerative therapy. Thank You all the researchers. it created interest in me in this stem cells research

76 - 100 of 435 Reviews for The Science of Stem Cells

By Sonia S

Jul 3, 2021

A good course for those genuinely interested in stem cells. You will definitely get to learn something more from this course. The objective based questions often cover the topics in video lectures.

By Oumaima

May 1, 2021

Very informative. I really liked the course and the variety of aspects that have been presented. Thank you! It's beginner friendly, you only need few basic notions to understand the whole course.

By EDEN J A

Dec 27, 2020

Very informative, relevant and helpful lessons on Stem Cells. I have learned a lot and I'm excited to expound my knowledge on the science of stem cells and their future applications in medicine.

By SHEIKH M R A S

Jul 12, 2020

It is the best course for beginners who want to get the basic knowledge about stem cells. The lecture was greatly designed and amazingly delivered. Very comprehensive and the pace is just okay.

By Juan F R

Jun 15, 2021

Good overview of Stem Cell current stage of development.

The week 5 content about ethics of stem cell research has good quality content and also asks the right questions, current and future.

By Vanessa L

Jul 24, 2018

This is a great course and I really enjoyed each week and the topics debated. I was able to expand my knowledge about stem cells and learned a lot. Thanks to all the involved in this course!

By Reeja R

May 23, 2020

It was my first time using Coursera and the experience was brilliant. Each session was new and different and has almost covered all the topics in the field of stem cell research. Thank you.

By 19UZLA028

Jul 10, 2020

it was an excellent course,,,all d details were covered very neatly and precisely in a very short period of time.i think if you wanna know more about stem cells this is the perfect course

By DR S S F

Apr 20, 2020

I would like to thank the Course coordinators and tutors for the lucid update and details of Stem cells. It has been a great time relearning the basics to the latest regarding stem cells.

By Niharika K

Aug 4, 2021

Very informative course, within this short course you can understand pros and cons of the stem cell technology and also about ethics of stem cell research and a good set of case studies.

By Jorge M L A

Sep 26, 2021

excelente curso, aprendí mucho acerca de ésta área de la medicina, la estoy estudiando con el fin de conocer mas acerca de las células madre.

Deseo encontrar mas cursos como este.

Gracias

By Debosmita S

May 7, 2020

The course is really good, informative. Can understand easily. Interesting. Have information of research process, expected results, application. And ethical issues are well explained

By Mark G

Aug 28, 2020

This course was incredible. Thanks to all the instructors who devoted their time and talents to be educational missionaries to the world. I am grateful and better for their efforts.

By Yashi M

Jul 2, 2020

Very nice course, it gives a vast information about stem cells- their working, functions and the ethical issues.I really enjoyed this course. This course has increased my knowledge.

By Mercy N P

Aug 5, 2020

The course was very interesting and presented well. I wish I could get a glimpse of the practical side. How these stem cell lines are prepared, and maintained and all those stuff.

By Buenaflor J

Sep 27, 2021

The Science of Stem Cells has helped me learn new concepts and techniques on stem cells, understand and enrich my previous knowledge and evaluate and correct some misconceptions

By Vinnie S N

Apr 20, 2020

So informative and interesting. Loved the course and the way it was conducted. So easy to understand and learn. The best part is to be able to grasp it according to my speed.

By Leena L

Nov 1, 2021

Even though I already had some knowledge about stem cells, this course helped me to get new insights about the topic. Especially the bioethics module was really interesting.

By Anushka A

May 8, 2021

It has been an amazing course traversing through the history of stem cells, how they work, and the present research. The bioethical panel added real insight into the course.

By Akshi A

May 12, 2020

I really loved this course! The information was totally based on their own lab experiences and they had answers to all what? How? Thankful to the professors and researchers

By Saad Z S

Jul 29, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It started off with a quick background on the basics of stem cells. It then leads into presentations from experts about their research in stem cells.

By Stan O

Feb 10, 2021

In a time where science advances very quick, it is a more than welcome explanation of stemcell basics.

Can not wait for the next level :-)

Ehhm, will thre be a next level?

By aishwarya i

Aug 30, 2020

It is amazing course...very beginner friendly and basic. Amazing discussions n speakers. Especially Esteban sirs part was my favourite.thank you for this amazing course.

By Shanmugam V M

simple and yet the concept are elaborated and explained up to the beginner knowledge required.

the subject is made fascinated to take up further research on this field.

By anshika p

Jul 2, 2020

Wow! I feel liked I learned a lot from this course. I knew the basics of stem cells, but I didn't know much about pluriptent cells or iPS. This was very informative