Back to The Science of Stem Cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Stem Cells by American Museum of Natural History

What promise do stem cells hold for the treatment of medical conditions? In this five-part online course you will explore the history and basic biology of stem cells, learn about new research techniques, and find out how stem cells could lead to cures for diseases and to individualized medicine. You will hear from Museum scientists, medical researchers at the frontiers of the field, and a panel of bioethics experts who will address the ethical implications of stem cell research and therapy. Learn what has already been accomplished, what challenges remain, and what medical breakthroughs may lie ahead....

AD
Nov 27, 2020

Extremely informative course, I'm impressed by the examples and the research potential that stem cells provide. I'm also quite interested in finding out how these treatments will fare in the future.

MT
Sep 6, 2021

this course is very helpful for me it increases my knowledge and clear many concepts about regenerative therapy. Thank You all the researchers. it created interest in me in this stem cells research

51 - 75 of 415 Reviews for The Science of Stem Cells

By Sneha C

Jun 13, 2020

Its very important at this time for science students to know about stem cells. This coarse was very helpful in that account for basics what a stem cell is to application as well as the ethical issues. It just opens you to a very new and research oriented field.

By María V C

Jul 15, 2020

I am currently working in protein therapeutics, but I have been very interested in Stem cells since I studied Biotechnology, so, I decided to do this course. It has been very useful for learning more about stem cells and how are they used in the labs nowadays.

By ELURU P

Sep 14, 2020

By watching stem cells mature into cells in bones, heart muscle, nerves, and other organs and tissue, researchers and doctors may better understand how diseases and conditions develop. Generate healthy cells to replace diseased cells (regenerative medicine).

By Sayalee S

this is a wonderful course, and it covers so many different avenues of stem cell research . very gripping course materials, loved learning from this course. The instructors are so well inclined and passionate with regards to their research interests

By Momchil N

Mar 5, 2020

Great lecturers! I liked especially the final bioethical discussion in week 5. It gave a nice overview. As a molecular biologist, I found it sometimes a bit too superficial but all over it came me a great overview on stem cells, thank you so much!

By Gulsah S O

May 10, 2021

Nice course! Love listening to more than one instructor which has different opinions. Especially, having two quizzes - before and after the class - made the course even better and always make us stay active! Thank you so much for your effort!

By Alex

Mar 15, 2019

A very informative course. Especially for scientists as well as other people who would like to know more about stem cell and stem cell research. Highly recommended for people who would like to explore possibility of working with stem cells.

By Yunong X

Jun 3, 2018

Great introductory course about stem cells, including the brief history and some cut-edge research in the field at present, together with the introduction of the ethical issues about stem cell research. It is quite attractive and informative!

By Sunrito M

It was a fruitful and interesting course. The stem cell technology is one of the most intriguing domains for research in biotechnology, and even it is a complex thing, the faculties explained it in a very basic way which was really helpful.

By Manasi M C

Jun 6, 2021

This is a very informative course, covering all facets of stem cells in brief. All lecturers, who are experts of their fields, made the sessions engaging. As a aspirant of research in regenerative medicine, I found this course very useful.

By Joshua A Y

Aug 1, 2021

this course has given me a good understanding of stem cell technology and has piqued my interest in becoming a stem cell researcher looking at reprogramming stem cells for sickle cell disease modelling. I am very glad I took this course.

By ZOHRA N N

Feb 10, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! All the guest speakers were very engaging and the lectures had the right balance in terms of the information and the pace. What I loved the most was the ethical aspect of stem cell research and usage.

By Meghana O

Aug 2, 2020

A great course which covers all the basics of stem cell technology and different research aspects of stem cell technology. i Would like to thank American Museum of Natural History and coursera for introducing this wonderful course

By Sreshtha N

Sep 10, 2020

Very interesting field of topics regarding stem cell research has been discussed and extra links have also been provided if anyone wishes to explore more in the stem cell world. This course surely made me curious to learn more !

By Dr.Mohan P

Jun 4, 2020

The course is very informative and helpfull not only for aquiring the knowledge but for its application in Medical teaching and Medical Practice. i humbly thank all the Instructers and scientists for their immense contribution.

By Ferdy B

Feb 14, 2019

This course was really interesting. It helped me understand a wee more about the politics regarding the use of stem cells in the US, and different applications they could have after passing the corresponding clinical trials.

By Tuan-Ngan T

Jun 28, 2021

This course was very useful and informative. It gave me a glance at various aspects related to stem cell research and applications. It inspired me to study further about stem cells. Thank you a lot for all the lecturers.

By JUAN S R

Aug 24, 2021

GREAT COURSE!! AS A PHYSICIAN YOU CAN ACQUIRE A HUGE PERSPECTIVE OF THE MOST RECENT MEDICAL INNOVATIONS AND VISUALIZE THE GREAT POTENTIAL OF STEM CELLS AND GENETIC RESEARCH IN THE CURRENT AND FUTURE MEDICAL PRACTICE!!

By Samuel N

Oct 27, 2020

This course is quite informative and surprisingly good in making me understand the next innovative technique which is going to use in the future pharmaceutical industry and R&D labs and their ethics behind using it

By Ghada G H

Apr 30, 2020

Very nice course. I recommend it to anyone wants to know concepts of stem cells and their life applications. Mr. Mazzoni is an excellent lecturer. I want to thank all doctors who participated in making this course.

By Anandi S

Jun 4, 2020

This is an excellent course. The lectures were engaging and interesting. It was an awesome start into exploring a new field and all the speakers were dynamic and outstanding. Their works were clearly presented.

By Muhammad N T

Sep 7, 2021

By Sonia S

Jul 3, 2021

A good course for those genuinely interested in stem cells. You will definitely get to learn something more from this course. The objective based questions often cover the topics in video lectures.

By Oumaima

May 1, 2021

Very informative. I really liked the course and the variety of aspects that have been presented. Thank you! It's beginner friendly, you only need few basic notions to understand the whole course.

By EDEN J A

Dec 27, 2020

Very informative, relevant and helpful lessons on Stem Cells. I have learned a lot and I'm excited to expound my knowledge on the science of stem cells and their future applications in medicine.