Back to The Science of Stem Cells

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Stem Cells by American Museum of Natural History

What promise do stem cells hold for the treatment of medical conditions? In this five-part online course you will explore the history and basic biology of stem cells, learn about new research techniques, and find out how stem cells could lead to cures for diseases and to individualized medicine. You will hear from Museum scientists, medical researchers at the frontiers of the field, and a panel of bioethics experts who will address the ethical implications of stem cell research and therapy. Learn what has already been accomplished, what challenges remain, and what medical breakthroughs may lie ahead....

AD
Nov 27, 2020

Extremely informative course, I'm impressed by the examples and the research potential that stem cells provide. I'm also quite interested in finding out how these treatments will fare in the future.

MT
Sep 6, 2021

this course is very helpful for me it increases my knowledge and clear many concepts about regenerative therapy. Thank You all the researchers. it created interest in me in this stem cells research

76 - 100 of 415 Reviews for The Science of Stem Cells

By SHEIKH M R A S

Jul 12, 2020

It is the best course for beginners who want to get the basic knowledge about stem cells. The lecture was greatly designed and amazingly delivered. Very comprehensive and the pace is just okay.

By Juan F R

Jun 15, 2021

Good overview of Stem Cell current stage of development.

The week 5 content about ethics of stem cell research has good quality content and also asks the right questions, current and future.

By Vanessa L

Jul 24, 2018

This is a great course and I really enjoyed each week and the topics debated. I was able to expand my knowledge about stem cells and learned a lot. Thanks to all the involved in this course!

By Reeja R

May 23, 2020

It was my first time using Coursera and the experience was brilliant. Each session was new and different and has almost covered all the topics in the field of stem cell research. Thank you.

By 19UZLA028

Jul 10, 2020

it was an excellent course,,,all d details were covered very neatly and precisely in a very short period of time.i think if you wanna know more about stem cells this is the perfect course

By DR S S F

Apr 20, 2020

I would like to thank the Course coordinators and tutors for the lucid update and details of Stem cells. It has been a great time relearning the basics to the latest regarding stem cells.

By Niharika K

Aug 4, 2021

Very informative course, within this short course you can understand pros and cons of the stem cell technology and also about ethics of stem cell research and a good set of case studies.

By Debosmita S

May 7, 2020

The course is really good, informative. Can understand easily. Interesting. Have information of research process, expected results, application. And ethical issues are well explained

By Mark G

Aug 28, 2020

This course was incredible. Thanks to all the instructors who devoted their time and talents to be educational missionaries to the world. I am grateful and better for their efforts.

By Yashi M

Jul 2, 2020

Very nice course, it gives a vast information about stem cells- their working, functions and the ethical issues.I really enjoyed this course. This course has increased my knowledge.

By Mercy N P

Aug 5, 2020

The course was very interesting and presented well. I wish I could get a glimpse of the practical side. How these stem cell lines are prepared, and maintained and all those stuff.

By Vinnie S N

Apr 20, 2020

So informative and interesting. Loved the course and the way it was conducted. So easy to understand and learn. The best part is to be able to grasp it according to my speed.

By Anushka A

May 8, 2021

It has been an amazing course traversing through the history of stem cells, how they work, and the present research. The bioethical panel added real insight into the course.

By Akshi A

May 12, 2020

I really loved this course! The information was totally based on their own lab experiences and they had answers to all what? How? Thankful to the professors and researchers

By Saad Z S

Jul 29, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It started off with a quick background on the basics of stem cells. It then leads into presentations from experts about their research in stem cells.

By Stan O

Feb 10, 2021

In a time where science advances very quick, it is a more than welcome explanation of stemcell basics.

Can not wait for the next level :-)

Ehhm, will thre be a next level?

By aishwarya i

Aug 30, 2020

It is amazing course...very beginner friendly and basic. Amazing discussions n speakers. Especially Esteban sirs part was my favourite.thank you for this amazing course.

By SHANMUGAM V M

simple and yet the concept are elaborated and explained up to the beginner knowledge required.

the subject is made fascinated to take up further research on this field.

By anshika p

Jul 2, 2020

Wow! I feel liked I learned a lot from this course. I knew the basics of stem cells, but I didn't know much about pluriptent cells or iPS. This was very informative

By Jan M B

Jan 23, 2019

Excellent course. Good teachers. I was especially charmed by the panel discussion. I was able to learn the course material easily. Very interesting and up to date.

By AMJED Y

Dec 15, 2019

It is an amazing course. I am a practicing physician and have done a lot of study, but after finishing this course, I feel much more knowledgeable. IT IS FABULOUS.

By ABEY J

Jun 12, 2020

A very knowledgeable and informative course on science and use of stem cells practically in labs and the ethical implications also have been discussed in detail.

By Ramyashree M B

May 9, 2020

It was a very beautiful course that I got insite into. I loved the way mentor got us through very much. Thankyou soo much for such an informative course.

By kaaviyaa m

May 16, 2020

I enjoyed and learned throughout the course .. thanks for making it so easy and interesting ...a big shoutout to all lecturers you did a great job..

By Ruth C

Oct 8, 2020

An absolutely absorbing and fasinating course. Despite having no time I just had to make time for it! Highly recommended even for life in gereral.