Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

TL
Mar 14, 2021

Great for the intermediate learner. You would find new terminologies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The materials are easy to be understood and the teachers are communicative.

EC
Sep 25, 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to our instructors, Mr Jack and Ms Alyssa for an enjoyable course on STEM!\n\nIt was a very good learning experience!\n\nThank you!

201 - 225 of 650 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By Felipe S d C

May 24, 2019

I recommend this course because it contributed to much my knowledge,

especially with my English language skills.

By Hailyn V R G

Dec 13, 2020

Un curso excelente, es muy entretenido, dinámico e interesante. Me gusto mucho, y los profesores son increíbles!

By Oscar B A

Jul 20, 2020

Useful course about climate change and nanotechnology applications; also, you can improve your language- skills.

By João P A

Jun 24, 2020

Very complete course. It is very good to people that are starting the studies, mainly with scientific interests.

By Anahi V H

Amazing, It´s a great way to learn about climate change and english.

helped me practice and improve my English

By Edupreneur / E

Dec 28, 2020

very valuable information,

and the instructors are very dynamic, sensible, and reach others.

By Alexei R

Jul 19, 2017

It´has been a really good course en which I could learn to know technic words and new language. I recomend you.

By Maria G

Excellent course! I've increased my English vocabulary and reviewed several important questions about science.

By Loienko A

May 22, 2020

Thank you so much for this experience, for this strongly interesting and useful course. I will recommend it.

By Joseph G

Nov 13, 2017

I had fun accomplishing this course and learned so much. Thank you Coursera and University of Pennsylvania.

By George P

Dec 25, 2018

It is very easy to understand and learn and it is very enjoyable with many quizzes and videos and readings.

By Amaya P

Jun 24, 2021

I really enjoyed doing this course and gained knowledge about many things in global warming... Thank you !

By Mokhtar K

Dec 8, 2019

It was very well organized and rich in technical informations and grammer rules.

By Sandra J

Jul 3, 2017

I recommend this course, because I could increase my english vocabulary and improve in my english skill.

By Yue X

Jul 11, 2017

I have learned many Englih skills and knowledge about environment. It's very practical and instructive!

By Alimbetova B

I very like it. And of coure, again and again I will be back and refresh my thought about this course.

By 陳禾森

Oct 16, 2019

This is a very good course for an engineer who needs to improve the skill of listening and presenting.

By Aliosha G

May 19, 2017

Es un curso muy bueno para mejorar nuestras habilidades en inglés y conocer vocabulario especializado.

By AL-MUNTASER B A A N A

Jun 30, 2019

Thinks a lot for this coursera . It give me alot of Information and knowledge . I am grateful to you.

By ALLENETTE M B C

Dec 11, 2018

knowledgeable and refreshing course. I am learning insights on how to help lessen the global warming.

By Michel N

Oct 2, 2017

Excelente, extremamente instrutivo tanto no sentido técnico quanto no sentido informativo. Recomendo.

By José A

This is a great course. I learnt much in English, science, technology and environment. Thanks a lot.

By Meryem B

Feb 27, 2020

I enjoyed very much this course, the videos and lectures are clear and the exams are fair. Thank you

By Carol L

Jan 10, 2019

I really like how professionals were the instructors and the tematic addressed: the climate change!

By Laís F M

Great course, I learned to use English on different topics !!! everyone should do it, I recommend.