Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

EC
Sep 25, 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to our instructors, Mr Jack and Ms Alyssa for an enjoyable course on STEM!\n\nIt was a very good learning experience!\n\nThank you!

DR
Jul 5, 2017

Great course! You can learn about modal verbs, intensifiers, present progressive and much more very easily. And is important too to know the methods and techniques for write a scientific article.

201 - 225 of 587 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By Meryem B

Feb 27, 2020

I enjoyed very much this course, the videos and lectures are clear and the exams are fair. Thank you

By Carol L

Jan 10, 2019

I really like how professionals were the instructors and the tematic addressed: the climate change!

By Laís F M

Great course, I learned to use English on different topics !!! everyone should do it, I recommend.

By Othman M

Apr 3, 2020

Thanks to the most beautiful instructors for their clear explanation and easy English presentation

By Maria E M

Sep 16, 2017

Es un curso muy agradable y amigable, nada aburrido, hay diferente tipo de actividades a realizar.

By Murat İ

Jun 6, 2020

Wonderful education system, active and focusing on improvement language skills and communication.

By Stephanie W

Feb 11, 2020

It's a truly step by step course. It gives me a lot of insights both as a student and a teacher.

By Jerome H

Aug 30, 2018

This is a very good course for STEM learners and those who are teaching English to STEM students.

By MD A H M

Jun 2, 2020

Many thanks for joining me. I am so happy and have learned so many new things and learned a lot

By nanashinogonbei01

Mar 25, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. Nice teachers and contents about Global warming. Thanks a lot.

By Jan A R

Dec 26, 2020

The course is challenging and enriching. Thank you, Coursera for the great learning experience.

By José R I

Jul 13, 2019

Excellent course! Perfect for improving the English of those of us who are not English speakers

By Cindy J N

Mar 4, 2019

I would like to recommend this to my friends and relatives too. I learned a lot in this course.

By FRANCISCO B D Q

Jul 4, 2018

if you're looking for new vocabulary and ideas about our planet this is a good place to start.

By Корниенко Е Е

Excellent course for beginner!

It is very interesting. I have known a lot of new information.

By Gulnara S

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you very much for such great opportunity for me and other students who enrolled to STEM

By Bruno A d S S

Jul 23, 2017

Is a Great Course, helped me to Discovery new vocabularies and learnt about the Environment!!

By Israa E

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you for your great work, and thank you for teaching us things we never new completely.

By Alan I B

Jul 12, 2017

This course is really good! I find it very clarifying and objective. I personally recommend.

By João E P S D P

Jul 17, 2020

Um ótimo curso para aumentar o nível do inglês de futuros pesquisadores de variáveis áreas.

By Danial S

Mar 8, 2020

It was an excellent course! I have enriched my knowledge about climate change tremendously!

By Tyrone M

Jul 23, 2017

I like so much this online course, I will be waiting and looking for this kind of courses.

By Takumi A

Jan 11, 2021

Thank you for educating me about climate change! It was such a great introduction course!

By Aruzhan S

Jul 5, 2020

To be completely honest, that was very challenging course for me,however it is worth it

By Сеитова Ф З

Mar 10, 2020

Hello,

This is a very interesting course. Thank you very much.

best regards,