Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

TL
Mar 14, 2021

Great for the intermediate learner. You would find new terminologies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The materials are easy to be understood and the teachers are communicative.

EC
Sep 25, 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to our instructors, Mr Jack and Ms Alyssa for an enjoyable course on STEM!\n\nIt was a very good learning experience!\n\nThank you!

276 - 300 of 659 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By Arzu S

Nov 16, 2021

Thank you very much for the course. I am grateful to everyone who contributed.

By Jose M O

May 4, 2020

Muy interesante, muy educativo, bastante practico y didactico. Me gustó mucho.

By Dennis J Q H

Dec 23, 2018

I am so pleased with this course. I have learned a lot. Thank you very much :)

By Juan I A

Aug 19, 2020

I lernead a lot with this course, i really recommend this one! Nice job guys!

By yogendra s y

Good course, Identify our pro and cons...This course improve my confidence

By Amanda B M

Dec 6, 2019

Amei o curso e agradeço a escola pela oportunidade. Muito obrigada Thank you.

By Julio V

Jul 2, 2017

Excellent course! I really enjoyed it though I have been pretty busy at work.

By Pedro N d S

Jul 10, 2017

Today I'm more confident and excited to keep practicing and learning english

By Luis A O D

Jul 10, 2017

Es un curso excelente. Bien planeado, muy buenos contenidos y herramientas.

By Nab R P

Mar 23, 2019

This is course to have a diversified look into the use of English language.

By Alejandro R

May 24, 2021

Excelente. Se aprende mucho incluso teniendo un nivel de inglés medio-alto

By Darlin H V

Aug 15, 2020

Muy bueno aprendi muchas palabras nuevas sobre medio ambiente y tecnologia

By Rosendo M A

Jun 1, 2020

ES UN CURSO QUE EN LO PERSONAL ME GUSTA MUCHO, CON TEMAS DE MUCHO INTERES.

By Leonardo A

Jul 10, 2018

I think this course is special for understand the clima change, very good.

By Chenaf A

thank you for this course ,thank you for this course, really it's amazing

By William B C A

May 12, 2020

Is a good course, you can learn for technology and English, so is perfect

By Ayat R

Jul 10, 2017

The course was very helpful! Thank you all for posting courses like that.

By Shafa R A

Oct 28, 2020

Thank you for the course. It was enjoyable and gave a lot of insights :)

By Bekmuratkyzy A

Thank you for all teachers. This course was informative and interesting.

By Christian L

Apr 3, 2021

It was awful to learn English for STEM. I would like improve my skills.

By Marcos A Y T

Jul 10, 2020

Very good course, I am very happy por the knowledge from UPenn, Thanks!

By Gabriel O

Apr 27, 2020

It was a nice course. All the topics were interesting and very useful .

By Abhishek K

Apr 11, 2020

Thanks to my all teachers. This course is really important and helpful.

By 蔣佑明

Nov 2, 2019

I learn some new technology about improving climate change.

It is good .

By Sagar S

Jan 23, 2019

This is probably going to help me and my other friends in their future.