Back to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in improving their English skills in the sciences. In this course, you will explore some of the most innovative areas of scientific study, while expanding your vocabulary and the language skills needed to share scientific information within your community. In unit 1, you will learn how to preview texts and practice some of the language used to make comparisons when talking about global warming and climate change. In unit 2, you will examine the chemistry of climate change and the language of cause and effect. In Unit 3, you will learn about some of the impacts of Climate Change and the language used to describe these effects. In Unit 4, you will learn reading strategies that can help you explore the science behind some new energy systems. In the final unit, you will investigate practical advances in Nanotechnology that help slow down climate change, while developing your own research skills in English. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

EC
Sep 25, 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to our instructors, Mr Jack and Ms Alyssa for an enjoyable course on STEM!\n\nIt was a very good learning experience!\n\nThank you!

DR
Jul 5, 2017

Great course! You can learn about modal verbs, intensifiers, present progressive and much more very easily. And is important too to know the methods and techniques for write a scientific article.

201 - 225 of 549 Reviews for English for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

By Gulnara S

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you very much for such great opportunity for me and other students who enrolled to STEM

By Bruno A d S S

Jul 23, 2017

Is a Great Course, helped me to Discovery new vocabularies and learnt about the Environment!!

By Israa E

Jul 27, 2020

Thank you for your great work, and thank you for teaching us things we never new completely.

By Alan I B

Jul 12, 2017

This course is really good! I find it very clarifying and objective. I personally recommend.

By João E P S D P

Jul 17, 2020

Um ótimo curso para aumentar o nível do inglês de futuros pesquisadores de variáveis áreas.

By Danial S

Mar 8, 2020

It was an excellent course! I have enriched my knowledge about climate change tremendously!

By Tyrone M

Jul 23, 2017

I like so much this online course, I will be waiting and looking for this kind of courses.

By Aruzhan S

Jul 5, 2020

To be completely honest, that was very challenging course for me,however it is worth it

By Сеитова Ф З

Mar 10, 2020

Hello,

This is a very interesting course. Thank you very much.

best regards,

Fatma Seitova

By Tathiana M

Jul 8, 2017

Amazing course, I learned a lot about climate change and my English has improved a lot!

By Judith R

Mar 25, 2020

The explanation of the different points of the topic by the teachers was very clear!

By Ayesha R

Oct 4, 2020

This course was amazing and it's give me lots of information related to environment

By Mario C G

Aug 25, 2020

Very good, both the material and assistance offered are updated and well organized.

By Emirhan M A

It was really beautiful. I both improved my language and learned useful information

By Jorge M

Apr 26, 2018

Excellent course, I recommend it to learn about climate change and improve English!

By Carlos A P P

Oct 14, 2020

It is an excellent course in which I have learned new vocabulary and other skills.

By Pamela M

Aug 13, 2019

I really enjoyed learning new vocabulary and how to use certain grammar structures

By alaliaa r

Oct 28, 2017

very good course to get scientific informations and to learn english for beginners

By Salar B

Jul 28, 2017

A well designed and professionally introduced course from highly graded University

By R.M S L R

Thanks a lot Coursera .The lecturers are great and lessons are very interesting.

By Kaung S T

Dec 22, 2018

It is a really good course for me. It will help me to know in the field of STEM.

By Hosam E N

Sep 19, 2017

Great Content both technical (about climate change) and language wise.

thank you.

By Jose M O

May 4, 2020

Muy interesante, muy educativo, bastante practico y didactico. Me gustó mucho.

By Dennis J Q H

Dec 23, 2018

I am so pleased with this course. I have learned a lot. Thank you very much :)

By Juan I A

Aug 19, 2020

I lernead a lot with this course, i really recommend this one! Nice job guys!