Back to Stories of Infection

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stories of Infection by Stanford University

This course introduces learners to a variety of infectious diseases using a patient-centered, story-based approach. Through illustrated, short videos, learners will follow the course of each patient’s illness, from initial presentation to resolution. Integrating the relevant microbiology, pathophysiology and immunology, this course aims to engage and entice the learner towards future studies in microbiology, immunology and infectious diseases. The patient-centered videos included in this course were created as part of the Re-imagining Medical Education initiative, led by Charles Prober MD, Senior Associate Dean of Medical Education at the Stanford School of Medicine. This initiative was the first of its kind to explore the collaborative creation of foundational medical education online content by inter-institutional teams of faculty. The content presented in this course was created by faculty from Stanford University School of Medicine, in collaboration with The University of Washington School of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, UCSF School of Medicine, and The University of Michigan Medical School. Support for this initiative was provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Burke Family Foundation. PLEASE NOTE: Information provided in this course is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnostic and/or treatment purposes....

Apr 5, 2020

Case study based courses are better than simple theoretical as it included complete clinical analysis, for a pharmacist it had lots of new information, so highly appreciated for including this course.

AV
Apr 11, 2019

Great course even for non-professionals. Helped understand unknown reason health conditions when doctors struggled to make a diagnosis or even find any particular reason for current health conditions.

51 - 75 of 346 Reviews for Stories of Infection

By Raimundo A M

Aug 9, 2020

I liked the course alot, specially the videos with clincal cases from all over the world and the USA.

My suggestion: for you to be more precise about the treaments of all infections approached, like the names of medicines and the doses and so on!

By Emelie K

Aug 10, 2020

I enjoyed and appreciated how a case was introduced, and the medicine and science was presented in terms of the case. I learned so much. Excellent presentation by Dr. Adam. Thank you to her and to everyone involved in constructing this course.

By Gabriela A d L M

Jul 31, 2020

Best didatic I've ever learned with, both the visual content and the voice are so good it makes me wanna learn everything through this method. It is a shame the course must have an end hahaha thank you so much for this amazing experience.

By Mikuláš H

Jan 28, 2018

Incredible course, fun and interesting at the same time.

Provides not only facts about diseases but puts them in practise, which makes it very relatable and easy to learn about.

Overall totally recommend it! Good job & thank you, Mrs. Adam!

By Laura P B

Aug 31, 2017

Awesome course, well narrated, good graphics, it was like sitting at University again. The fact that each disase is connected to a particular person makes each case even more interesting. Congratulations on the great work done to put t

By Grainne H

Jul 16, 2017

I found the diagrams interesting and helpful in following the course of the infection and in the repetition of explanation of familar terms in explaining the cycle of the infection, also enjoyed the fact that it was told as a story.

By Ege N Y

Jun 10, 2021

The course was quite informative and beneficial for everyone interested in infectious diseases and clinical medicine. As a medical student, I feel that the notions I got from the course will be useful in my further experiences.

By GONZALEZ G S

Aug 29, 2020

It is a really interesting course, in which you can learn more about infectious process that sometimes can lead to complications, treatment, and the places where some of theses infections are develop, I really enjoy it a lot.

By Maia L

Jan 22, 2020

the animations are excellent. I liked how this was beyond pure microbiology and how each story added extra information, like physiology, diagnostic tests and so on. This was a very informative and enjoyable course. Thank you!

By Izabela D

May 15, 2020

I learned so much about a lot of different diseases, how the antigen enter the host, how it replicates and causes diseases. It was a very interesting course that definitely improved my knowledge about all of the infections.

By Rick R

Apr 14, 2019

Learn put information of the causes and treatments of infections. Also learned they settle sad to see that may be present. This will help me due to being a teacher emergency medicine. Thank you very much Maya for the course

By Kristin B

Jul 2, 2017

I have taken more than 15 MOOCs and this is my favorite one so far. It is fantastic! Love the graphics and the way the course is taught. Would love to take more courses like it. The subject matter is also fascinating.

By Daniel U G

Jul 9, 2020

an excellent course, not only did I learn a lot about immunology but also about microbiology, the way the infections, microorganisms and immune responses are explained is nothing but understandable and approachable

By JungHyun H

Apr 22, 2018

First, I thought I would not have passed this course because I was very behind in education but throughout this courses, I get to learn about series of infections which I will have to see if my peers get it.

By Jasmine G

Jan 21, 2020

Took this course for fun and out of curiosity and interest. Very illuminating, detailed lectures with concise yet comprehensive notes on key terms. The quizzes were suitably challenging, too! Thanks so much

By Pedro M C L

A very good course! For a person who is not a professional doctor, but who has a taste in the matter, is perfect.

Very well explained and attractive. It makes me want to continue learning.

Congratulations!!

By Jonathan G

Dec 13, 2017

Very informative course! I didn't know Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever existed until I took this course. Although it would make more sense if more diseases were covered like scarlet fever, asthma etc.

By Mohamed A

Sep 20, 2018

really ,i am very lucky because this course makes me remember what i studied in my third medical year .

i have learned how to diagnose , treat&control the diseases

may ALLAH bless Stanford university

By Dineo M

Jun 4, 2020

It was easy to follow and very mind enriching!! I enjoyed every single bit of it. Thank you to Stanford University and Maya Adam's for the very details and informative information and sessions.

By Prabhakar G

May 1, 2017

Nice course. The information about pathogenesis of disease is interesting. Giving example with person image and following up step by step drawings and scribbled notes make it a movie like flow.

By Raymond L N R

Thank you, Dr. Adam and Stanford University! Story-based learning was really effective for me. I hope to apply this model of teaching in the future if I become a professor at the academe.

By Zylphia A N

May 21, 2017

Superb course -- excellent information - excellent pacing - excellent instructional delivery!! I was very impressed with the content and manner in which the power points were designed.

By Nayelhi J A R

Mar 26, 2021

It was really fun to review all of the different diseases. Their causes, symptoms, immune responses, microbiology and epidemiology. I learned a lot. I'm sure it'll be very helpful.

By Zharkova E

Great course. Short, case-based stories are very informative and interesting. Although it is recommended for intermediate learners it is not really difficult to take for beginners.

By Michelle C

Mar 25, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed and learned immensely from this course. I highly recommend it to anyone, and thank the creators for the time and effort put into making it available to us all.