Back to Strategic Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Strategic Management by Copenhagen Business School

The world of business strategy is in transition. What used to work doesn't anymore -- not necessarily. This course prepares you to think strategically in an age when companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft have become more valuable (in market cap terms) than companies like Exxon. Today, business value and competitive advantage arise more often from consumer perceptions of what is "cool" than from physical assets or economies of scale. In this course -- the first of a three-course specialization tailored specifically for the age of creativity and innovation -- you will gear up for the challenges of strategy formulation and implementation in a 21st century business. After taking the course, you'll be able to: - Explain why "doing" strategy is considered "the high point of managerial activity" (Mintzberg); - Recognize and avoid the old, tired ideas about strategy that are still out there, so you can adopt fresher, better ideas; - Point out how doing strategy has changed because of advancing technology and globalization; - Prepare for the Capstone Project for the Strategic Management and Innovation Specialization...

JV

Apr 12, 2020

The course provides a good foundation for the most famous strategy concepts. I have appreciated the capstone project which gives you the opportunity to apply the theories learned in the first 3 weeks.

TV

Sep 21, 2016

I liked the course a lot, the references were great and gave me great insight about Strategic Management. The lecturer was really good, specially if you compare him to the one in Strategy Formulation.

26 - 50 of 763 Reviews for Strategic Management

By Sabine

Nov 06, 2017

Compact, contemporary information in short videos, articles and papers. Really interesting and easy to get an overview of strategy. With lots of information of the relevant theories and their authors (also to go deeper and read more about them if you are interested). Robert Austin makes a really good job providing lots of information in easy to understand, enjoyable lectures.

By Ashher M K

Feb 29, 2016

So far, the best of the courses I've gone through on Coursera. Prof. Austin has made the difficult concepts of Strategic Management look so simple and easy to understand that even candidates with no prior management experience get really well versed with management techniques at the end of this course.

I'd strongly recommend all management students to take up this course.

By Virendra S

Feb 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Very well instructed and presented by Austin Sir. All concepts very very interesting and easily understandable. I liked the interface a lot. It was fun and nice to review peers' assignments. A well designed course for the aspirants looking out to gain knowledge about strategic management. I would recommend this course to all those aspirants.

By Kamal J

May 08, 2020

Great Great Great !!!

Excellent Learnings...

The Course provides an excellent overview of the devolopment of strategy from its origins to today. It explains how the world has changed and how strategy has evolved from SWOT - to Strategic Planning - to the BCG Matrix and the Experience Curve - to Porter and to Mintzberg.

Excellent Learnings from excellent Course..

🙏👍🙏

By Aamir S

Apr 30, 2020

This was my first online course and a brilliant one to begin with. It covered key concepts and very detailed learning. The highlight for me was the case-based approach which was a brilliant way of learning. Using familiar names and giving insights into their strategy helped understand the key concepts even better. Kudos to the lecturer and course coordinators.

By Fernando V

Jan 29, 2018

Valuable, interesting and engaging. This course demystifies the concept of Strategy, making it accessible to anyone who is willing to make an effort to connect dots and apply basic models. The instructor takes a lot of care to select the content and presents just what one needs to know, inspiring the learner to seek more knowledge. Couldn't be happier.

By Deepayan C

Aug 21, 2020

A very unique perspective and analysis of pros and cons of some of the long standing Strategy Frameworks like Porter's 5 forces, BCG 2x2 Matrix. Detailed discussion of some of the pitfalls of these frameworks and what to be on the lookout for to avoid some common mistakes and how to build on these frameworks for successful strategy formulation.

By Gunadi S

Jul 16, 2020

The course giving me other perspective to my understanding so far, its also summaries from many resources of strategic business practices and the writers as well. taking course in Coursera by CBS you will earn what the price for and will motivate you to build the full understanding in strategic which will help your career in management level.

By Tim B

Feb 08, 2017

This is how Coursra is supposed to be. Great lecturer using tangible examples to convey complex concepts. The videos and reading material are in a great ratio. The material is of high quality.

I am engineer, so I am only doing this "for fun", but if this was my field of expertise I would definitely pay for this course to get the accreditation.

By Abhijit M

May 03, 2020

Prof. Austin has done a good job in delivering the contents in an articulate manner. The concepts were told using not so difficult jargon & the examples he gave at various intervals were very relevant. I feel confident after having learnt the basics of strategy in this course. The curriculum is good & the pedagogy is quite engaging. Thanks!

By Jennifer M

Aug 17, 2020

The professor was well-spoken and organized this course in a way that was easy to understand and follow. I learned a few things about strategy, including what it is and what it isn't, and have a better understanding of how business strategy/strategic planning has evolved over time and different theories on gaining a competitive advantage.

By Michael L B

May 18, 2016

Very interesting course. Seems they only mention previous strategy ideas as historical note and attempt to have students not focus on strategical diagrams (PESTLE, Five-Forces, SWAT, etc) but think of what's going on in modern strategy and business. Thus, have you consider new ideas that are coming out in regards to business strategy.

By Felipe G

Oct 26, 2015

I loved this course. It present a modern perspective on what strategy means in the XXI century that totally changed my way of thinking about it. It will help me to improve my own performance and my company's as well. Thanks to CBS for a great learning experience; I'll see on you on the next ones from the same Specialization Program.

By Mriganayan G

Mar 26, 2018

Robert Austin is so good at delivering clear and concise concepts with real life examples that the information feels like getting imprinted in your neurons and makes you think critically about the whole idea of managing a firm / organization strategically... Way to go Dr. Austin! The world needs more professors like you!

By Rahadian M

Dec 13, 2017

This course has helped me in sharpen my study case analysis skills as the course provides me with a lot of real case studies and it also challenged me to work on the real case and make the solution out of it. This is a great course for those who wants to get their analytic and problem solving skills to the next level.

By Omar Q

Aug 13, 2017

this course is perfect to who is going to extended his knowledge in strategy and give a brief of strategy history, and how the world was thinking in strategy and what's going to happen if you didn't accept the world change and update your method and thinking on strategy depend on adapting with market needs.

By MAYANK A

May 01, 2020

Great job by the instructor and the content making team. Each video contained dense yet simply ideas about the strategic management of the business. I liked most about the course is the links provided for further reading at the end of each video and that helped a lot to gain depth understanding of topics.

By Marcos B

Dec 23, 2015

Explanations are clear, the lenght of the videos is ideal for someone who likes to study on weekdays but also has a full time job.

I've read some of Mitzberg and Porter's work, and this course encompases their ideas but does not just stay with that, they add new approaches for actual and future businesses

By Ajeet M P

Mar 06, 2017

Loved everything about this course and Coursera! The course is clear, concise and the professor kept it interesting all through. The user experience online and on the mobile app is a delight. I could learn and complete the course with minimal changes to my regular schedule and a full time job.

By dfazzi

Aug 15, 2017

The course is a very general introduction to the broad concept of strategy. The ideas are developed very clearly, concisely and straight to the point, with very effective examples. The course, I would say, is generally interest to understand our society and our (past) and future development.

By Juan C M

Aug 17, 2018

Un excelente curso introductorio sobre los antecedentes y tendencias actuales del pensamiento estratégico aplicado al mundo de los negocios. Muy ágil, con ejemplos relevantes , material de apoyo e indicaciones de referencias bibliográficas para profundizar en el tema. Altamente recomendable

By nish c

Jan 07, 2017

Interesting take on Strategy. Essentially putting a question mark on top heavy and number driven approach to strategy and almost aligning with the lean methodology of building organizations. I wish there were more challenging cases though - looking forward to the next course in the series.

By Daniela L B

Jul 18, 2016

Easy to be followed: it offers references for further reading, the videos are easy to understand and we can always use the subtitles. No previous background on Management or Finance required. It was the first course I ever got to finish on Coursera and it will be the first of many others.

By Silvia F

Aug 31, 2018

I have never been so satisfied with an online course! I understand these are all non-credited courses, but the knowledge I have gained so far on Strategic Management, is opening up my mind to an area that I never thought I would be interested in. Great course and I highly recommend it!

By Ahmad A

Oct 29, 2015

The Course was very informative. Apparent creativity in presenting the subject, however it's too bad to not to be able to participate in the following courses without payment. I would really appreciate re-considering this matter.

Thanks all Copenhagen Business School & Coursera Staffs