Back to The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know by University of Michigan

This engaging course is designed to help you achieve the success that you desire. Drawing on decades of scientific research, you will learn what the most successful people do differently than others, why IQ is not the most significant predictor of success (and can sometimes backfire), and why many commonly held beliefs hold people back from achieving their goals. Although this course is based on the science of success, you will learn many practical ideas that you can apply to your own life immediately, particularly in three main areas: • Getting better results at work (and school) • Achieving career success (however you define success) • Enjoying a meaningful, happy, and healthy life By the time you finish this course you will know more than most people know about what predicts success in life. One of the most important lessons you’ll learn is that success is earned day-by-day through small wins - small, achievable actions that together can help you achieve your goals sooner and exceed even your own expectations. Therefore, you will have an opportunity to complete a detailed action plan through which you can turn what you learned into specific steps for achieving your most treasured life goals....

BO
Dec 25, 2020

This course covers everything one needs to be successful, through thorough researches and proven observations that would benefit every individual.\n\nThis is an excellent and superb course. Thank you.

MA

This was a very insightful course. It taught me how to approach goals and develop my skills in the right way. Moreover, it changed my thinking about intelligence and taught me the value of networking.

26 - 50 of 714 Reviews for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

By Mark L

Apr 17, 2020

Paula Caproni, THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much for saving my life. I have been torturing myself of being a grit for almost 26 years with the problem of alcoholic abuse for the big dream in my mind since my 16 years old. Now I learned to how to plan my life well. I am waiting for your next course. My E-mail is liumark1818@gmail.com please shoot me an E-mail, if you might. Thank you.

By Prashant M D

Jun 8, 2018

This is an amazing course. The professor has explained this complex looking topic in a simple language. It's a must do for all those who are looking for real achievement in their life or those who feel they are stuck-up/ stagnating. There is a practical Action Plan at the end of the course which if worked sincerely may open up new opportunities for growth & happiness.

By Nicola J

Apr 9, 2019

Excellent course that gives the learners the tools to implement the 'science of success' in all areas of their lives and to achieve their personal goals. Much food for thought in this engaging course. My thanks to the educator and course organisers.

By Benedict C O

Dec 26, 2020

This is an excellent and superb course. Thank you.

By M V

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent course and i really loved the concept of peer review assignments as this gives us a true reflection of constructive feedback and also creates a great source of self-motivation.

By Muhammad A Q

Jun 1, 2019

This course is changing my life. Loved it.

I'll never give on the proper implementation of the knowledge from this course .

thanks Dr Paula Caproni ,and everyone who contributed .

By Dimitri P

Jan 12, 2021

There are two main problems with this course. The first is that the material presented is not building up to the final project. In fact, each week is pretty disconnected from the others and none of the material actively contributes in helping figure out how to go about the life changing project of the last week. To be sure, the lectures highlight some characteristics of successful people - mainly by putting people into different buckets - which can be considered motivational, I guess, but it doesn't add up to concrete courses of action.

The second big problem is that even though every other phrase starts with "researchers have shown" there are no transparent insights into the research conducted or the validity of the results. There is only one instance in which an experiment is described in some detail and it makes one vary doubtful about the validity of any of the other conclusions. The toddler marshmallow test is poorly designed in that the observations do not correlate in any obvious way to the conclusions that the researchers are trying to reach. There is also no evidence that the samples are statistically significant and there are numerous uncontrollable factors in the experimental set up.

I realize my critique may sound a bit harsh, so I should point out that I usually study technical subjects and pure sciences and this was one of my rare forays into social sciences. Perhaps my metrics are more rigorous.

By Md. R N B

The instructor may have very good knowledge but she made this course boring. I think she need "

Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age" course 1st.

By Bernard Y

Taking and completing this course has been an enriching experience for me. I learned so much in this course. While listening to the video lessons, I would often paused and reflect on certain key points that made me realized the reasons that I have failed to achieve success over the years despite my best effort. Some important lessons that I learned include the importance of building social capital. Being an introvert, networking has always been a big challenge for me. I also learned some ideas about how I can be more deliberate and intentional in building Social Capital. Developing my Personal Action Plan also helped me to focus on what's the truly matters to me and convert my goals into actionable steps. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone who desires to see positive changes in their lives.

By May L

Aug 23, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and actually wished that it were longer.

Section 6 feels much more brief than the other sections. I would love for action planning to be delved into in more details. Perhaps Prof. Caproni would be interested in introducing one or two more action-planning related activities?

I plan to go through the course again so I can reap more benefits from it. I will also recommend the course to others.

If Professor Caproni were to start a follow-up course that provides an on-going coaching element, I would be more than happy to take it. Thank you for offering this course.

By Tejas K G

Jul 20, 2020

Very nice course. Thank you to coursera and also to University of Michigan.

After completing the course I realise that,

to achieve success there is also a science hand if we use theses science rules and techniques to achieve goals, then we confidently get success in our works and goals.

I also like some of the points and topics in the course. Like, techniques about time management, skills, become an expert, technique for self motivation and the part of making action plan are really inspiring me to step towards my goals and achieve them properly.

By Amira I

Sep 22, 2020

One of the most valuable lesson I learned during creating my Action Plan is that small wins give great impact to myself. I will appreciate more on my little effort rather than criticize myself on the failure part. This is really helpful in developing my own growth mindset. As a whole, this course really open my eyes and motivate me to earn the success in a better way by providing a lot of evidences from the researchers. I thank the instructor and the university for this remarkable course!

By Ong Y L

Jul 13, 2020

This course provides learners with actionable strategies and interesting research behind success. I love the topics on relationships (social capital) and expertise (deliberate mindful practice), and enjoy reading my classmates' personalised action plans. I'd recommend this course to anyone interested in self-improvement, living in alignment with their values, well-being and/or becoming an 'expert' in what they do in their professional and personal lives.

By Jason P C

Sep 11, 2020

The instructor gave concrete/real life examples of people that exhibited the qualities that helped them succeed. Scientific studies were also included to back claims. Every video provides meaningful and inspiring insights on how successful people thinks. The reading materials were also valuable supplement if you intend to dive deeper into the concepts. I have a newfound enthusiasm for life and a clear plan to proceed. Thank you, ma'am Paula!

By Adrianne C

Very well put together. The presentations were smooth and clear, easy to understand, and made interesting with anecdotes and research results. There were many links to relevant outside resources that were also interesting and informative. I learned plenty from this course that will apply to almost all sectors of my life. This is well worth the time to complete for everyone no matter the industry they work in or lifestyle they maintain.

By Kunanbayeva A

Nov 29, 2020

There is no doubt that The Science of Success course is the best platform, that helped me to set the goals and prioritize main decisions in my life. First thing that I learned from creating the action plan is to believe in you abilities and skills. The second one is to be interested in what are you doing and creating it with passion and desire. Moreover, by writing our certain goals we can achieve them by the rule of small actions.

By Ingkar K

Jun 1, 2020

Easy and pleasant presentation of information. If you want to understand the formula for success, then you are definitely at the right place. It explains why it is important to have good relationships, flexibility, and more through evidence. This course will replace many other success books for you. I highly recommend it to everyone. I express my deep gratitude to the author. The author has done a great job.

By Adrianto R

Oct 4, 2020

I really recommend you all to take this course. This course gives me a lot of knowledge about everything I must have to grow my career.

Mrs Paula Caproni, thank you so much. I really enjoy this. After I finish this course, I understand the importance of loving myself to get success. How to change my mindset to growth mindset, how to control it, etc. I hope I can work in Career Development area, like you.

By Silvia P B

Apr 25, 2020

Simply wonderful.

This course, in addition to being interesting, is extremely useful for personal development. I was surprised from the first day I signed up and I think it helps you get to know yourself better and better. It provides you the main keys to effectively achieving your goals, and it really works. I invite all who are reading this review to do so, you will not regret it. Worth it.

By Kindah I

Jul 6, 2020

Excellent course. The concept of success was discussed through scientific lenses. Great anatomy of the factors that contribute to a successful and purposeful life. It revokes the misconception that successful people are talented, smarter, or just more fortunate. The materials presented in this class are good and the instructor has a clear method to deliver information. I enjoyed this class.

By PRAKASH C

Jun 17, 2020

After completing this course I feel myself fortunate that I have been taken this course just after reading course title. I think this is the most recommended course for those who want to excel higher and higher in their life. This course has realized me that success is the inevitable part of life. My deepest gratitude to the course instructor for this fabulous course.

By Andreas D

May 13, 2020

Great course. Great content and delivery. I have filled my notebook with very useful content that is a guide to my success. I have clarified goals, broken them down and started preparing action plans towards their completion. This course can be useful to any human being who wants to succeed in any area of their life, be it personal projects, family life or career.

By Geeta J A V

I love this course because I believe that I have learned a lot of info about myself too. Very interesting topic. The spoken and written English is easy to understand. Definitely I will start using it for myself, family, friends and colleagues. I will also recommend others to take up this course. Anyone who wants to be better in their life can take up this course.

By JELILI O O

Jun 14, 2020

The course was an eye opener. It reinforced some of the believes I had in what makes one successful in life and opened my eyes to so many other important aspect that helps one achieve success. SO grateful for the team that developed this course and special appreciation to the Course tutor. Thank you for all that you do .... Conscientiously yours

By WYNSTON A W

Oct 20, 2018

By according me the opportunity to outline what I intend to sacrifice in return for the dividends of success, MY PERSONALIZED PLAN OF ACTION as taught via "The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know", provides me the personal initiative to re-invent my life, and insures against the destructive habit of procrastination.