Back to The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know by University of Michigan

This engaging course is designed to help you achieve the success that you desire. Drawing on decades of scientific research, you will learn what the most successful people do differently than others, why IQ is not the most significant predictor of success (and can sometimes backfire), and why many commonly held beliefs hold people back from achieving their goals. Although this course is based on the science of success, you will learn many practical ideas that you can apply to your own life immediately, particularly in three main areas: • Getting better results at work (and school) • Achieving career success (however you define success) • Enjoying a meaningful, happy, and healthy life By the time you finish this course you will know more than most people know about what predicts success in life. One of the most important lessons you’ll learn is that success is earned day-by-day through small wins - small, achievable actions that together can help you achieve your goals sooner and exceed even your own expectations. Therefore, you will have an opportunity to complete a detailed action plan through which you can turn what you learned into specific steps for achieving your most treasured life goals....

BO
Dec 25, 2020

This course covers everything one needs to be successful, through thorough researches and proven observations that would benefit every individual.\n\nThis is an excellent and superb course. Thank you.

MA

This was a very insightful course. It taught me how to approach goals and develop my skills in the right way. Moreover, it changed my thinking about intelligence and taught me the value of networking.

601 - 625 of 672 Reviews for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

By Tetiana T

Jun 4, 2020

cool

By Mahmoud N

Apr 5, 2020

Good

By JAMNESH P

Apr 4, 2020

Best

By Vijay G

Aug 23, 2020

This course integrates multiple concepts (deliberate practice, growth mindset, conscientiousness, grit, purpose, goal setting, the power of taking small steps, building a support network etc.).

I liked the idea of “nobody succeeds alone”. Also, in the action planning, the course asks us to think about what we will give up or modify in order to do what we want to do. That simple question made me think about the price I was willing to pay to put my plan into effect.

I think there could be more reading material (research papers), additional interviews with significant people and more varied videos.

Overall, a very good course. I am glad I did it and will recommend it for anyone who wants to get better at what they do - irrespective of what they actually do.

By Parham D

May 6, 2020

At first, I must say that this course was a great one with many useful materials and topics. If you give your full afford and attention, at the end of each week, you will feel something has changed about your mindset! On the other hand, I was not comfortable with the style of teaching; it somehow looked like a university class. To solve this problem, I strongly suggest taking notes during lectures. I think for this type of course, it would be better to have more peer-graded assignments as it consolidates concepts.

By Shishir N D o C

Sep 4, 2020

The course was designed in such a way to distinguished the natural and nurtured success and also, how one can move towards nurtured success. The devised action plan was very meaningful and motivating to all the people craving for success. It also taught how social capital is important in one's life which i never thought of. The information provided is based on years of research and is applicable to all the people who desires for long term success in their life. I enjoyed the course from the beginning to the end.

By Katarzyna L

Jul 21, 2020

The course is well organized, divided and structured, the author does a good job of conveying the most important things about success in our lives. I have enjoyed the lessons but some of them seemed a little obvious and too long compared to the actual useful information in the videos. I valued Week 2 and Week 7 the most. Overall, I enjoyed this course and I am glad I took it.

By Fring F

Jun 4, 2020

The Science of Success is a very productive course & I'll learn & enjoy this course & and this instructor explanation language is very simple and easy to understand to all the topics clearly .....So , thanks to Dear teacher to Design this outstanding course on Coursera , & Thanks to Coursera

By Brett S

May 7, 2018

It had helpful tips, but it didn't always have the latest science information

as promised by the title and didn't always include many links to the sources of information for further study. It also recommended you bought the lecturers book a lot.

Helpful, but a course update is probably needed.

By Amin M a K a A M G

Feb 18, 2021

This was a good course and I enjoyed it. I didn't like that when Dr.Caproni had videos embedded for us to view none of the videos came up. Overall the course was good and made me think about the science of success. I would not hesitate recommending this course.

By In-Ho K

Aug 18, 2020

This course covered a lot of science of success at work, career, and well-being. The course is well designed in general with the assignment for developing a personal action plan in particular. As a retiree, I missed a lot more science at well-being.

By Abhijit D

Jun 11, 2020

From this course, and action plan, I realized that, to concentrate on study I have to follow a proper action plan, and with that Mindset can fixed & growth.

With this course I also learnt how to focus on study, it really motivates me to go further.

By Thành N Đ

Feb 20, 2021

Great course. it is easy to understand and not overwhelming. However, if you want to benefit the most from this course, you will need to dig deeper yourself as the material only focus on the most basic concepts.

By Shreya A

Aug 20, 2020

I like how the course was structured. I am so glad to have completed the course successfully. The peer review final assignment is too good. Loved the whole course, and the instructor is amazing!

By Дмитрий М

Aug 1, 2020

Very Good !

But very poor network. May be coursera profiles should be more engaging).

Please stop me send email everyday - how to stop it?

Thank you for the course!

By Florence L

Jul 14, 2020

Really good course, the last assigment is interesting but the pair feedback is unfair, done by people not doing the work at all

By David

Mar 10, 2018

Very interesting insight on Success. Good place to get some highlight to create your action plan for success.

By berit

May 16, 2019

a little more depth maybe, but wish I had seen material like this much earlier in my life. Thank you, Berit

By ALGIMAR D

Feb 16, 2021

Great information, I would like better if part of the opcional readings would be available for free.

By Tarun L

Apr 16, 2020

All the myths related to Success gets busted and achieving success seems more easy than before.

By Birgitta S

Apr 14, 2021

Professor Caproni has done a great job in putting this course together, thank you.

By Ömer F Ö

May 22, 2020

it is usefull but like a self motivation book. In conclusion you should work hard.

By S J

Apr 22, 2020

great course ... making action plane and mashmellow test is best abt this course

By Iuliia

Nov 28, 2019

It is a very good course for starting to study this topic. Thank you so much!

By Lara G M

Nov 29, 2020

it's really helpful and give you a lots of skills that you need at ur life