Back to Summary Statistics in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Summary Statistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it is the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of statistical measurement methods within the world of public health research. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods and measures, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include summary measures, visual displays, continuous data, sample size, the normal distribution, binary data, the element of time, and the Kaplan-Meir curve....

AA
Jan 10, 2021

This is a good and enticing introduction for the rest of the Coursera Specialization where it belongs. For added value, consider taking this course with a biostatistics textbook for better retention.

EC
Sep 22, 2020

I found this course really useful. It actually made you do work and it wasn't necessarily easy to pass the end of module content, which I feel made the course so much more valuable. Highly recommend.

101 - 125 of 341 Reviews for Summary Statistics in Public Health

By Bronwyn E B

Oct 14, 2019

Fantastic course with great additional real world examples. As someone who works in Clinical Research, this course is of great value!

By Abednego N M

Aug 15, 2019

The course provides key insights to biostatistical principles in a very practical( research oriented), simple yet very effective way.

By Muhammad A

What I like about the course is that it gives you a lot of examples that help you to apply what you have learned during the course.

By Viswa C C

Mar 17, 2020

This is a quite useful course providing great insights into the fundamental aspects of summary measures in health care research.

By Enyerbert G

Jan 9, 2021

This course offered me the opportunity to improve my skills in biostatistics, this will be fundamental in my health care career

By Vishnuvazzala S S

Apr 7, 2020

It was. great learning. The professor used a lot of examples that were quite relatable and made the learning much more easier.

By Boris V

Jun 8, 2020

Nice course, thanks a lot. Maybe It will be helpfull to have a summarized table o document for all de concepts we´ve learned.

By Folusade A

This course was really enlightening on the different statistical methods. The lectures and slides were very detailed. Love it

By sandra r

Mar 7, 2021

Really great course providing a thorough foundation. Good for those with no prior knowledge and for those wanting a refresh.

By Jessica K

Jan 27, 2021

Great course. John does a fabulous job explaining the concepts and reviewing them with examples. He's a fabulous instructor.

By Faith A A

Nov 8, 2019

I am so grateful for the opportunity and aid given to me to complete this course. Thank you. knowledge has been added to me.

By Deshona W L A

Aug 29, 2021

A​wesomw course! Dr.McGready's explanations and visual examples made all the difference in my understanding these concepts!

By Oscar R d M

May 13, 2020

Great Course! Easy to follow for no native english speakers, helps a lot to interpret paper works only by seeing the plots.

By Victoria D

Mar 20, 2020

Information presented in a clear and engaging manner which helped me gain a practical understanding of data interpretation.

By Aung M M

May 11, 2021

The explanations and examples in this course are crystal clear for me and I will recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Chen M

Dec 31, 2019

There are many proper samples and clear definitions. I do appreciate the perfect preparation of the professor. Thanks!!!

By Anil V G K

Apr 23, 2020

An excellent introduction to the basics of statistics!! Can't wait to take the remaining courses in the specialization

By Cassandra N

Jul 1, 2019

Great information, organized, and well presented. I would like to review why some answers were incorrect. Thank you!

By madhav d

Apr 13, 2020

really amazing for basic level statistical analysis at the beginner level. Really helpful. would highly recommend it

By Michael S

Jun 28, 2020

Excellent Professor in regards of his way of making the content both complete and easily aproachable and conceivable

By Dr K K

Jul 22, 2020

Excellant course and challenging practice sessions for assessment .... understood well about the basic concepts...

By Nguyen T L P

I found this course so amazing and fancy. I was really enlightened about some knowledge I had been confused before

By Seungyeon J

Aug 5, 2021

Explanation is easy to understand RR, OR, IR and basic survival analysis.

Real-world examples!

Highly recommend!

By Munawar P V

Nov 29, 2019

Really informative and practical. The additional examples and quizzes gives practical insight into the subject.

By Barbara O

Sep 9, 2020

Best instructor ever, drew me into the course, organized gives lots of examples and a summary. Thank you sir!!