Back to Supply Chain Logistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Logistics by Rutgers the State University of New Jersey

Have you ever wondered how goods get delivered to us so quickly as soon as we order them? One word: Logistics! In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility. Finally, you will be able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service. This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts. Join me and we will learn together about logistics! Interested in learning advanced supply chain topics? Check out the Supply Chain Excellence MasterTrack™ Certificate: https://www.coursera.org/mastertrack/supply-chain-excellence-rutgers...

SW
Feb 1, 2018

This course was well organized, provided necessary learning materials, and hands-on learning experiences. I would highly recommend this course to others interested in learning supply chain logistics.

LB
Nov 22, 2020

Very informative! the assignments are discussed before performing, supportive and responsive community. Very entertaining professor with real life references in the video lectures. Highly recommended

1426 - 1450 of 1,745 Reviews for Supply Chain Logistics

By Hadeel A

Jul 22, 2020

the learning material and readings are too general and short, so I find the assignment difficult to complete. Besides, it was good as a start in this topic wish to see more scientific information in the next course of this specialization.

Also, some of the extra sources (links) are not working or not available anymore.

By Anne B

Dec 28, 2020

The course content was not too long or overwhelming. It gave a good foundation for the assignments, which were the true catalyst for learning. The assignments were a great practical application of the skills. They were challenging, and I feel like I really learned and gained understanding through the practice.

By karthi.M

Apr 29, 2020

This was great learning experience. The teacher explanation was too good to understand and which helped me to match with daily life . I struggle in some place because the entire subject content is based on US. Students like me who is from outside and taking this course is really struggling to work in assignments.

By Miguel S

Sep 12, 2017

A great introductory course to the logistics component of the supply chain that allowed me to get an overall view of logistics behind any modern supply chain.

The teacher introduces all the most relevant concepts and valuable exercises in a passionate manner.

It was worth every minute of my dedication and study.

By Michael T M

Apr 28, 2020

Great for an overview of Logistics, and a simple grounding in: terminology, selecting transit options, warehouse layouts, and logistic network structure. I would have like more detail, for example incoterms. Instructor was easy to understand and moderately entertaining (which I enjoyed).

By Terra H

Feb 3, 2021

The course was engaging with hands on application projects that require you to use what you learned. However, sometimes the instructions were a little unclear on the assignments. Professor did a good job emphasizing the important information in the lectures that you need to remember.

By Jingrui G

Nov 7, 2016

The contents of this course is very basic and everyone can understand, the quiz and assignments are arranged attractive and challenging. However there are some terms not explained well in the video. I hope the video can be a little bit longer so it can cover more concepts specifically.

By Sherwin C P

Mar 27, 2018

Really enjoyed the course. A lot of good material that I enjoyed exploring. Very clear, concise and understandable. If I could add something, I'd like to go more in depth of subject, as I work in this field. That's the reason I'm enrolling in the next Supply Chain Operations course.

By Fahim S

Jun 20, 2020

It was good enough considering that it is a beginner level course. I would be happier if my assignments were checked by instructors. Thus the 4 star. But as a beginner level course this was fairly easy. I understand that it was done to encourage people to take the second course

By Spriha R

Jan 18, 2021

While the fundamentals were well explained, I wish the course went a little more in detail on some of the ways to identify warehouse locations, manage inventory. A little more depth would have been great, but overall the simplicity with which things were explained was great!

By Stéphane C

Nov 10, 2020

Very good course overall. very straight forward with practical exercise.

To be improved : Take into consideration the environment, CO2 emission....

Give us some additional metrics. What is the total cost of supply chain on revenue ? How third party companies charge ? costs ?

By George C

Feb 14, 2017

I feel like this course, along with the other courses in this specialization, doesn't cover in-depth applications of supply chain management. The course material covers only the basics, and does not adequately prepare a student to take on a job in supply chain management.

By G K C

Jun 19, 2018

The course is very informative . I in particular was aware of the subject, but I realized after the course that the knowledge was superfluous. This course gave me the insight to the intricacy of the topic, the required calculation etc. Over all it was very knowledgeable.

By Radhika S

Jun 3, 2017

This was a good course . However there were areas that needed improvement for explanations for example - (broken cases explanation )related to warehouse design /layouts .Cross docking explanation in the transportation assignment I feel could have been explained more .

By Brandan B

Aug 6, 2020

I generally enjoyed the course, but I wish there was a bit more of a taste of the math that would be involved when really diving into Supply Chain Management. As it is, I don't think this course really prepares you for an entry level job in the field.

By Pratik B

Nov 14, 2016

As such the course content was very good and useful for developing the concepts. I would advise the content design team to expand the teaching examples to areas outside of the US as well, as the business conditions in other regions might be different.

By Victor P G V

Jul 12, 2020

I think this course is a great form to learn about logistic, because in each video the teacher explains the topic with puntual concepts that in the assignments must to do. I'd liked to not only be in US if not in Europe, Asia or South America, too.

By VISHAL S

A great learning course for the overall concept of Supply Chain with specific focus towards logistics. I did expect the assignments to be more thorough (more detailed), but felt it was quite vague. Yet, this course explains alot of the comebacks.

By Lim Q

Jun 10, 2020

Content was interesting however after the first peer assignment, I noticed that the audience of this course are not serious about learning. (i.e. submitted random and empty answers) Hence dropping my interest in completing this course.

By Veroniek V

Apr 19, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! The videos were clear and there were nice links included to some additional reading. Point of improvement: The course is a lot based on peer reviewed assignments, for which I did not get a lot of feedback.

By Stan L

Peer review is somehow unfair. some people don't read thoroughly and gives unfair score, and all of the grade is reviewed by peer review only.

Other than that, Course has good contents and you will take some insights from the course.

By Abhishek C

Sep 5, 2020

It was a great learning experience, definitely learned something new and useful. one thing though quizzes could have been a bit more friendly if questions had multiple choice instead of asking the answer in written type

By Adhik M

May 2, 2020

The course was good. Taught me the basics of transportation.

It can teach in more detail of how things are actually managed in warehouse and transportation. Also the knowledge of how exactly logistics network is designed

By Gianluca P

I would like to receive more technical knowledges. Also, the final assessment should be reviewed by a professor in order to release effective feedbacks, which are sometimes not released at all from the course mates.

By ABDULMAJID K

Sep 10, 2019

A good overview for supply chain Logistics with crisp and to the point content, great write up and adequate video's to support and guide for the subject. Strongly suggest people to enroll and get an insight to this