Back to Supply Chain Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Principles by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course will provide a solid understanding of what a supply chain is all about. The course: - Provides an introduction to Supply Chain - Leverages graphics to promote the Integrated Supply Chain model - Emphasizes understanding the Extended Supply Chain - Presents a holistic approach – Incorporating People, Process, and Technology - Calls-out industry-specific supply chain - Leverages discussions, videos, quizzes, and questions for consideration - Provides awareness of career path opportunities - Presents emerging and futuristic trends in supply chain and given that at GT we are focused on developing what’s next in the world, we include Discussion of emerging and futuristic trends in supply chain. There is very little math involved in this course – so don’t worry at all about your math skills. The course incorporates reading materials that were developed as part of a $24.5M TAACCCT grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration to the LINCS in Supply Chain Management consortium....

T
Aug 13, 2020

This course has been my start point in supply chain world. It was well wrapped and focused to address all the major components learnt a lot and might dive deeper in the world of supply chain

RM
Feb 25, 2018

Great Course content and structure, best for beginners or even those of you who wants to broaden your perspective on supply chain. Neither too shallow, nor too deep...just right! Excellent!

26 - 50 of 388 Reviews for Supply Chain Principles

By Alexios A C

May 19, 2017

A great course that provides knowledge about every aspect of Supply Chain. I am going to study Supply Chain Management in a few months and this course has given me all the knowledge I need to have an advantage in my upcoming studies. Specifically, the videos are of great quality and provide detailed information. In addition, the reading materials are very important, have a lot of details and you can learn lots of things about SCM. Last but not least, every week's quiz is a nice way to sharpen your knowledge about every aspect of Supply Chain.

By Duro o

Jun 30, 2020

Quite Cumbersome and at times a bit difficult to take all of it in.

However, I've found this course to be very interesting and it's picked my interest in learning more about Supply Chain.

I've gotten a better understanding of the production flow, distribution process involved and the significant role technology plays in improving these processes.

The knowledge gained will certainly help me to improve my business and possibly seek future employment in related fields.

Best wishes to Timothy Brown!

By Pallavi S

Mar 25, 2019

It was an excellent course delivered by Professor Timothy M Brown. It gave me an in depth knowledge of the Supply Chain Principles including the Warehousing Operations, Manufacturing Processes, Transportation Operations undertaken in a Supply Chain domain. This course will surely help me in a better understanding of the advanced Supply Chain Courses that I will be undertaking during my Masters. I would like to collaborate with Professor Brown in the future on Supply Chain related projects.

By Jimmy A

Dec 7, 2020

Content of the course is very good - It covers the different supply chain topics very well and it is structured and presented clearly. It gives a very good overview and helps to learn the supply chain concepts.

Some minor improvements - The time estimate of the course can be improved - it is correct for the videos, but for the reading materials it is less. Also there are questions in between the videos for which we don't have any suitable options.

By HEMPRAKASH P

Sep 24, 2019

The instructor, course material, and the quizzes all are excellent. I would highly recommend this to people who are just starting on a supply chain profession or studies. It touches all the necessary things related to a supply chain. From the manufacturing department to warehousing and transportation department's part in the supply chain is clearly explained by Mr. Brown. Thank You, Professor! And Thank You, Coursera!

By Trukhina T

Mar 21, 2020

The course was very detailed and well structured, deserves many thanks to all who took part to prepare materials and readings. Maybe one thing i would like to improve in it, is alignment of videos and reading materials, because not always they were following each other. But overall, it was very interesting, entertaining and easy to understand. I would like to learn more courses by Georgia Tech.

By Prakash P

Apr 23, 2021

The communication quality by Tim Brown is very praiseworthy. quality of each chapters and its detailings improved our knowledge and gave us good insights into the subject.

The tests were not easy and it really tested our knowledge that we received from the weekly schedules of classes. The whole programme is basic but it covers full gamut of supply chain.Thanks for all the materials.

By RODDYN P G

Sep 6, 2020

The course helped me greatly in documenting, all the practice that I have in Supply Chain, for all the processes there are bases and here are the bases that erefuerzan the Know How. I am happy to have taken the same, as it helped me identify some concepts that I had left along the way and on the other hand learn from new things that I do not know. Thank you

By Anmol B K

Jun 11, 2019

Fantastic course, working in analytics domain my upcoming project was mostly to do with Supply Chain efficiency measurement and improvement. I needed a quick understanding of Supply Chain system and this course was more than enough. To the point well structured and laid out course. The instructor explains well and this is absolute fun and loads of learning.

By Deepak R D

Jan 2, 2021

The course is really good and it gives a great insight into how the supply chain domain functions.

As a beginner I learnt many things from this course, the videos and materials were great . The instructor is also great and pretty experienced. The discussion forum and the assignments are really great, I got many insights about the topic because of them.

By Kunjan M

Mar 10, 2020

It is a very good course which had given me deep insights on different topics of supply chain & logistics including SCM basics with Purchasing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Strategic Planning in SCM, Warehousing & Transportation (Basically based on U.S limitations). I want to thanks Georgia Institute of Technology & Prof. Tim Brown.

By Ammar A

Jun 7, 2020

I have found this experience very enlightening and beneficial. I have learned so much from this course. The course delivery was excellent, the videos were very descriptive, and the notes were very informative and easy to comprehend especially for individuals with different educational background such as myself. Thank you so much!

By Asher J

May 22, 2021

The course was very thorough and Jargon dense. Its an intermediate-level course with a fair bit of complexity along the way. Quizzes improves your working and tests my intuition at some points. An excellent pile of knowledge as a self-learning endeavor. Completely worth it!!

By Elmar I

Great course about supply chain management, procurement and logistics. Very informative for learning Supply Chain Management main principles. The author also speaking very clear and explaining everything in details and with real life examples. Thanks for this opportunity!

By ILIAS P

Dec 7, 2020

Mr Brown is an excellent teacher and cover all aspects of principals of Supply Chain. Additionally, the notes and the tests as well covered a great range of knowledge. This course really put me in a new, interesting and challenging world. A great thank you.

By aayush s

Jun 2, 2019

Very nice course. The additional reading at the start of the week is very important and very useful. The information provided throughout the course was very brief and to the point. The style of teaching in the videos by Mr. Timothy Brown is also very good.

By Jessica C

Jul 27, 2020

This course was awesome I have been in the Warehouse and Distribution field for many years and I as if I was looking at everything with a fresh set of eyes I learned so much these past few weeks thanks I am so looking forward to taking more classes here.

By Vivek O G

Nov 12, 2019

Well explained and well taught course. Even individuals new to these concepts can easily grasp and understand the lessons. I highly recommend to anyone who wants to have some idea or knowledge of Supply Chains in general before going into the field.

By Laura L

Aug 17, 2019

I feel this is an excellent course to involve into supply chain in general. It's very organized so you can learn about everything about it. It's crucial if you have an Industrial engineer carrer and you want to make emphasis in supply chain.

By Julianne E

Aug 20, 2020

This course has proven to be more in-depth and informative than I had initially anticipated.

It delves into several aspects of supply chain operations and is a well rounded course for anyone seeking to move into this field.

By CHAMAR S S

Apr 25, 2020

After completing the course I know about the supply chain network where what is happening inside from product order to delivery to customer. It will be very for my upcoming career.

Thank you Georgia Tech and coursera Org.

By Ivan

May 1, 2019

Just what I need: a course about supply chain principles, beginner level.

Of course this course offers more than just explanations: you can practice, read additional stuff and begin doing something from the first hours.

By Viraj R

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you Coursera for providing me with an opportunity to learn this course, I would also like to thank Prof. Tim Brown for providing teaching assistance to understand this course with the best provided examples.

By Suhas P

Apr 23, 2020

This is an excellent course and covers everything in Supply Chain, right from who are the suppliers to the transportation. I recommend this course to everyone who are interested working in Supply Chain Department.

By Chukwuemeka A

Aug 26, 2019

This curse helped update my understanding of the supply chain process and the knowledge acquired will go a long way in helping me to better understand and rive strategy implementation where I currently work.