Back to Introduction to Sustainability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Sustainability by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course introduces the academic approach of Sustainability and explores how today’s human societies can endure in the face of global change, ecosystem degradation and resource limitations. The course focuses on key knowledge areas of sustainability theory and practice, including population, ecosystems, global change, energy, agriculture, water, environmental economics and policy, ethics, and cultural history. This subject is of vital importance, seeking as it does to uncover the principles of the long-term welfare of all the peoples of the planet. As sustainability is a cross-disciplinary field of study, this foundation requires intellectual breadth: as I describe it in the class text, understanding our motivations requires the humanities, measuring the challenges of sustainability requires knowledge of the sciences (both natural and social), and building solutions requires technical insight into systems (such as provided by engineering, planning, and management)....

KF
Dec 18, 2016

It is a well prepared course. Contents are carefully organized and plenty of concepts and examples are included and analyzed. Overall, it is a excellent course to get an overview of sustainability.

MT
Sep 23, 2020

This course helps me to learn many things about sustainability. By this course, I am more interested in sustainable developments. I expect to learn more about this provided by Dr Johnathan Tomkin.

301 - 325 of 701 Reviews for Introduction to Sustainability

By Silvana P

Feb 13, 2020

I am very happy about this course. It was very well done and I really enjoyed it. Many thanks

By Leandro B

Feb 2, 2016

O curso permite novas abordagens, bem como desenvolver novas visões sobre a sustentabilidade.

By Khalid I

Oct 15, 2020

A concise introductory course for both students and professionals alike. Highly recommended.

By Samantha L S E

May 23, 2020

A very engaging course that covers broad concepts and is thought-provoking at the same time!

By Federica S

Jun 15, 2020

a very interesting course, that provides a broad knowledge of the topic of sustainability

By Madhur S

Apr 21, 2020

Great Course for beginners and Extremely well structured by Dr. Tomkins and the University

By Gabriel S

Jan 9, 2016

Superou minhas expectativas, abrangendo áreas que não imaginei que estudaria sobre a área.

By Sujith V

Aug 6, 2019

It was personally an eye-opener towards sustainability for me in so many ways. Thank you.

By Cédric B

Oct 5, 2015

Great material, very interesting courses, I would highly recommend this course to anyone!

By Shahlo K

Apr 10, 2021

It was one of the most insightful and well-organized courses I took. Highly recommended.

By Kesmat E D

May 6, 2020

Very insightful! I enjoyed every moment of this course and I would totally recommend it.

By Hamed V

Feb 24, 2016

It was great! Especially, Prof, Tompkin is conveying the fact in a very tangible manner.

By Akash k

Jun 21, 2020

It was an amazing course, easy to understand and follow with course.

very much satisfied

By Ava C

Jan 16, 2021

Good to provide an overview of the issue, with a variety of information for reference.

By Dr A A

Jan 1, 2017

Highly recommended for who wants to know multidisciplinary linkages of sustainability.

By Sumit K M

Really a nice course. Instructor is very nice and easily explains difficult concepts.

By Alejandro S M

Aug 13, 2016

Great course, very interesting and explained in a very friendly and easy way. Thanks!

By Kamal H

Jul 3, 2019

I liked this course especially the way how they teach key points, Thank you Coursera

By Ye P O

Sep 15, 2020

Very much helpful to those who want to start learning about Sustainability concept.

By Jenny B

Jan 5, 2020

Answered a lot of my questions and taught me about how life works. Really loved it.

By Miguel R

Jan 17, 2017

A very interesting and complete MOOC regarding Sustainability, should be mandatory!

By Ivan R

Jul 25, 2020

It´s a great course, I learned a lot about how and why take care of my environment

By Muhammad M E S

May 2, 2020

It is a great course though I think it would need to be revisited for 2020 updates

By Carlos R E

Jul 19, 2021

Around pessimist people about the future? Let's be real for a moment and consider

By Shahed M

Sad, the course end too fast, enjoyed the journy throughout the course very much.