Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

AA
Jun 1, 2020

Very informative and detailed. Prof. Sachs covers all aspects of sustainable development in detail. Though the course was designed in 2013 hence does not cover the latest development to SDGs to date.

LG
May 18, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

151 - 175 of 849 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Jorge I

Nov 20, 2015

Awesome course. Jeffrey Sachs' understanding and eloquence to decipher and explain the new challenges arising from the unprecedented occurring and upcoming changes is just ineffable.

Recommended to anyone wanting to know more about this new approaching era of sustainable development

By Sebastian T

Jul 9, 2020

Began the course to search for a source of hope. Instead I learned of the dire situation that we are in and the urgent need that we change our course of action NOW. As the professor mentioned, we have a path moving forward, now we need to get to work and change business as usual.

By Alessia C

Jun 11, 2020

The course itself is really really good, Professor Sachs is knowledgeable and makes every lesson interesting and easy to understand. However, I think the tests need improving, as many links are broken or outdated, I found that a bit frustrating. All in all, it's worth following.

By Maya S w

Jun 22, 2017

An exceptional course with extensive amount of information about sustainable development very nicely presented by Prof. Sachs and a lot of support material. Recommend it very strongly to anyone who is interested in sustainable development. It changes your view on every thing!

By Noelia S

Jul 5, 2020

I really loved this course. The best so far. Professor Sachs is fantastic. The only issue I found was that in some quizzes, the link to the questions wouldn't work and it was hard to get it the right answer. Thanks for the opportunity of doing this incredible online course.

By Yijun L

Nov 6, 2020

Very informative and comprehensive course - a combination of AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Environmental Science, and more! I enjoyed the lectures and the quizzes (exploring cool websites is full of fun). Lots of thanks to the professor and Columbia University!

By renee d

Oct 7, 2017

Overall a great course I loved it. Some of the links need to be updated as some websites and pages don't exist anymore, and I got some questions wrong that were very clearly correct. Apart from the few bugs a very informative course, Professor Sachs is a wonderful speaker.

By POOJA S

Oct 28, 2017

I'd like to thank Professor Sachs for this unique and inspiring course. It has increased my interest in sustainability and market economics by two folds. This course was to gripping that I completed it in just 3 weeks. Thanks again Professor Sachs and Columbia University.

By Octavio P

Aug 6, 2017

Very useful, professional and holistic course. Thanks a lot to Professor Sachs, to the University of Columbia and to Coursera for making this great course available to everyone. Raising awareness about the importance of sustainability starts by sharing valuable knowledge.

By Conrado T D J

Sep 25, 2016

Excellent material for today that determines the future! It engages one to think, act & move now for the love of our children and this planet! Truly, Prof. Sachs is one of the great prophets of today that reminds us what of what was spoken by great men 5,000 years ago!

By Oltean A

Jun 26, 2016

I found this course really useful and I recommend it for all the students or people that are interested about International Development, Sustainability, Problem solving solutions, or like the professor said, for the dreamers that hope that a better world can be possible.

By Nancy W

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course. Unfortunately, Coursera does little to maintain the material, leaving the Mentors to correct obsolete data for the quizzes. Professor Sachs has presented excellent material. It's up to Coursera to keep the material up to date when they are informed.

By Rafael F

May 17, 2017

Excellent! You get to know a bit of history, therefore you can learn about the evolution of the concepts and why we have the ideas of today's sustainable development. It also gives you a wide range of what do we need for sustainability and what is being done. Very good!

By Markus B

Oct 2, 2015

Great view over the big challenges of today and the future.

Excellent explaint and a lot of information about the history and the reasons of our problems on planet earth...

Gives you a profound knowledge how we should manage the future to have a better life for everyone.

By Catharine P

Aug 4, 2020

An excellent, informative, and interesting course. The course could improve by updating the datasets required to complete assignments -- several websites no longer display the data necessary to answer exam questions. The course content is excellent and well-presented.

By Mónica A G

Jul 25, 2019

I loved the material and topics of the course, I think everybody shpuld take this course to understand the moment we are living in and the possible solutions to make this a better world. I just suggest to uptade the exam website links, since some of them are broken.

By Nicole C

Nov 29, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Opened my eyes to more elements of sustainable development that I was not aware of previously. Fantastic Professor, with excellent, relevant examples. Makes me want to find a job in a sector that supports the MDGs or SDGs. Inspirational.

By Alexis T

Dec 26, 2017

Very interesting course, very well presented by Prof. Sachs. This course focuses on every field of sustainable development at the global scale with an international approach. Prof. Sachs' point of view as a UN advisor is extremly instructive. Thank you Prof Sachs!

By A. E Y

Oct 10, 2017

This course provides you the basics of Sustainable Development, framed around economic development, environmental development and social development. Prof. Sachs is a fantastic instructor and the materials provided are very helpful to learn more about the subject.

By Sanchia J

Jan 1, 2017

It was an incredible privilege to be taught by Prof Sachs, during this course. The content challenged some of the current views I held about sustainable development and encouraged my own thinking on the subject matter within my skill set. Highly recommendable!!

By Jocelyn A A

Oct 28, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and learnt a lot. there are a few links in the quizzes that don't work properly or are out of date so I found it difficult to answer some of the questions correctly however I completed and passed the course and found it very well done.

By Santiago A G

Jun 11, 2020

What a great course to pave the way towards my master's degree in sustainable development. Thank you Professor Jeffrey for sharing your valuable knowledge and thanks to Coursera for being the channel, what an astounding way to revolutionize the educational model.

By Felipe A P

Sep 19, 2019

Professor Sachs is excellent, transmitting the contents with clarity and porpoise. The course topics are broad and inter-connected. I do recommend this course for people who want to start to have a deep understanding of what sustainable developing really means.

By Gloria A G T

Nov 9, 2017

Very interesting course. I learned a lot and inspired me to continue studying about sustainable development.

Easy to follow and understand, the quizzes and exams were very dynamic, so you understand and go beyond the lectures and research more about the topics.

By John E S

Jan 23, 2017

Great course that highlights the need to take action to save our planet so we can continue to prosper and thrive. For that, a lot of things need to change. Dr. Jeffrey D. Sachs points out where the challenges are and helps us form ideas to shape a new future.