Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

226 - 250 of 2,088 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Ralph A W

Apr 25, 2020

The last page says course 4 of 6 but the actual certificate only has 5 courses, not 6. "You've successfully completed Course 4 of 6: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services"

By Kyle H

Aug 4, 2019

I really enjoy the AD sections, I wish there was more hands on with exercises in this course. More focus on VM environment would have been great to see, but overall an excellent course!

By Taavi M

Sep 15, 2020

This is not just about AD. You will learn about different processes, cloud terms. disaster plans, backup process, post-mortem etc. Also you can take practice labs. I liked it very much.

By Philip A

Sep 18, 2018

It is an amazing opportunity to offer professional advice as the tasks are real cases but the names of the organisations are fictitious. It helps me to improve my consultation skills.

By Jennifer D C

May 3, 2018

Instructor was very informative while making the material very accessible and approachable to learn. Learned a lot about what system administration and IT infrastructure services are.

By Ismaila I

Sep 20, 2020

It has been an amazing journey and I am very happy to be part of it. Thank you Google for this wonderful learning experience. I am now ready to cross carpet and build a career in IT.

By Forrest F

Dec 30, 2019

It was definitely harder than the others but it was really rewarding even though I got a lower grade than the others so far. I am looking forward to the final course for IT Security!

By Johanna M

May 26, 2019

I found this course relevant from a hands-on learning perspective. It covered a LOT of material but the labs and final project helped reinforce the real-life assessment situations.

By Iona G

Jul 11, 2018

One of the best courses in this specialization. Assessment is thorough, but not frustrating (no qwiklabs yay). I feel like I can use the knowledge I learned here in my future career.

By Suman S

Jul 28, 2020

It is a comprehensive course with a lot of reading material in addition to videos and practical labs. I believe it is equivalent to three different courses crammed into one course.

By Khin H

Nov 4, 2019

Growing and polishing my career and very flex time frame to learn just like me working full time, looking and excel my next step of career, price is comfortable to get certificate.

By Heidi H

May 2, 2020

This was a very interesting and informative course. It gave me good background information and explained many things that I had heard before but never really understood until now.

By Alicia C

Apr 5, 2020

Really outstanding course that provided true hands-on learning in the sorts of things I know we need in every IT team I've ever worked in. Really impressive!! Thank you Google! :)

By Roshan H

Nov 21, 2020

This course covers detailed information about Services ad Roles we may play and the issues that may arise as Support Member. Take your time and be patient through this material.

By Saleem K

Nov 20, 2020

It was a well rounded course which make us learn about System Administration and IT Services. Really enjoyed the course. Thanks to all the staff who crafted such a good course.

By Alberto V M

Aug 27, 2020

This course is the hardest one, but I'm very enthusiastic to practice what I learned, this course is 100% recommended for everyone that is interested in the IT field, thank you.

By Karen L

Aug 21, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was informative, enlightening and very structured. Thank you all for being such great course leaders. Your passion shines through, thank you

By Yin M K

Feb 18, 2020

Very excited learned about what IT infrastructure serves and how to administrate the system, Love it. I passionate to recommend that try to get these certificate for new career.

By Filip M

Aug 4, 2018

The course was harder then a previous courses but very interesting and brought me a lot of knowledge. I had to submit my final work twice to pass but it was worth it. Thank you!

By Dominik E

Nov 7, 2020

A great course for IT novices that gives a fantastic roundup of most concepts you encounter it the world of It support for any prospective sysadmin or anyone that is interested

By Nikolas T

May 10, 2019

Lots of information to cover related to system administration and IT infrastructure. I especially liked learning about managing Active Directory and IT Infrastructure Services.

By MAHMOUD A A A

Aug 28, 2020

Very interesting and useful. Thank you for the great performance in providing the explanation and application in the labs. I thank the support team, Google and all partners.

By EDWIN R H

Sep 19, 2020

This course is amazingly structured, and really help me to build my understanding of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services. I am glad that I did it...

By Philippe M T

Sep 8, 2020

Excellent Course, extremely thorough and insightful, it provides a hands on detailed outline on how to approach the vast field of IT infrastructure and System Administration.

By Grayland C K J

Jul 12, 2018

I really got a sense of what is expected out of a Systems Administrator. I especially learned about the pros and cons of Cloud computing in relation to Managing data on site.