Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2476 - 2500 of 3,063 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By fahim h

A bit too fast, and not enough time taken to build fundamentals. More visuals/animations - especially for the active directory parts would have helped a lot. Either way, I applaud the teacher for trying to tackle such a big topic in such a small setting - it must have been very challenging trying to compress all this into a digestible, introductory course. 4 stars.

By Michael F T D O T N

Aug 17, 2020

Parts of the course where easy to understand, but some parts where difficult due to the lack of clarity and terminology used in the us. but i got there in the end.. sometimes in the course especially week 5 the video would complete but the green tick to say i watched the video had not come after the lesson so i had to reload the videos.

By Alex S

Apr 7, 2020

Most of this was awesome. The information is relevant and useful, I enjoy the presentation and tone, and I'm looking forward to using what I learned. I think 2 things could be improved: more hands-on application, and clearer test questions. This course was still great, but also definitely more stale/rigid than the previous ones. Thanks.

By Marydhel R

Aug 11, 2020

As much as the Qwiklabs always frustrate me and make me nervous I look forward to really testing my knowledge with it. I disliked the way the Qwiklabs were optional. is it due to the difficulty level and how some are so hard to follow on the format? I would request for more shorter versions that are manageable with the times alotted

By UJJWAL

Dec 3, 2020

Very good course. The labs are good. they are bit technical sometimes. Also, sometime its more of theoretical than the technicalities. Specially the Active directory module can be made better to be understandable for layman. I struggled a bit but i learnt lot of things important . At the end , its was worth it to take the course.

By Clerance G

Jun 7, 2020

The course was well planned, would recommend it to all the beginners who would like to step into the realm of IT. I would prefer a pdf version of the supplemental reading as it would be easier to access and can be used whenever possible. Using wikipedia as a source for supplemental reading is not an ideal option. Thank You.

By Ezra I S W

Aug 11, 2019

The course is amazing at introducing IT systems administration. It allows newcomers to learn more about the general job as a SysAdmin. The courses sadly isn't too detailed but is enough to give you the general overview. The labs are enough to make me understand but it might not be challenging enough for some people.

By Hector J

Jun 4, 2019

Overall it was okay, pretty good info. I still didn't like seeing and hearing the same person through out the whole course (especially is all the talented people working at Google). It also sounded a little less robotic then the last courses but it still felt like they were just reading the prompt with out pausing.

By Brooke F

Aug 8, 2018

This was a really good course overview of a Sys Admin. I feel like there are some holes still in my knowledge but that's generally because I learn from doing. I doubt I'll be truly comfortable until I can actually apply some of the things I learn which I've been trying to do on a very small scale in the home.

By Robert J B J

Sep 23, 2020

There was a lot of information that I already knew but was great to be refreshed on. There was also a bit of stuff that I had not learned before and the videos and readings were very nice additions to my current IT knowledge. Definitely recommend this course for people wanting to jump into System Admin work.

By Dean P

Aug 26, 2020

I would have liked to have had a few more labs on this one. It did a great job of exposing us to a large amount of IT information! I thought about making the following phrase into a little song, "Never test in a production environment". I've been the victim of a person not following this sage advice!

By Danny D N

Aug 20, 2019

The course is great and offers a lot of information in regards to the day and the life of a System Admin. Even after finishing this course, there is still a lot to review in order to be comfortable. Most importantly, hands on experience is going to be crucial in understanding how all of this works.

By Nicholas O

Jun 7, 2018

Great course.

Overall, highly recommended for the information provided.

Some of the audio in the lectures sounded strange, like the mic was not in the right place.

I plan to continue the IT Support courses, as well as enrolling in future courses from google. I've learned so many things!

By Timothy H

Dec 9, 2019

This was a much better course than some of the previous ones. It was laid out in a more efficient way for me to learn (not bouncing back and forth beween Windows and Linux, ect) while hitting on many important topics that I am already involved in thorugh my work such as Active Directory.

By Matthew R D

Feb 12, 2018

While the underlying content was useful (and up-to-par with the rest of the courses), I felt like my knowledge wasn't (fully) tested by the end of the course.

Devan was my second favorite teacher in this series, so the 4/5 stars about content (and practical labs/testing) than presentation.

By Arjun S

Dec 8, 2019

A good course if you wanna scratch the surface and get hands-on with the basics. Don't expect too much out of it. i really like the parts where Active Directory and LDAP are explained, with nice simplicity but I would have have preferred more Qwiklab sessions for AD, specially with GPO.

By Marcos S

Apr 14, 2018

It would be nice to see more demonstrations, like the one shown for installing OpenLDAP on Linux. It's understandable that these can't be too in depth, but giving learners a little bit more practical exposure to documentation would help make the documentation look less intimidating.

By Abdallah_El_Hadidi

May 8, 2021

the concepts are great but the online practice is in the VM during the graded assessment a better approach would be adding a git repo with instruction on setting up a virtual lab using cloud services or even a separate dedicated course may be i will do that on youtube myself :D

By Scott L

Mar 7, 2021

This course is very good as a top level overview of SysAdmin and IT in general. It needs to be updated and more Qwiklab modules should be included which are the best feature of the course. Some of the quizzes can be counter-intuitive so take your time in reviewing the videos.

By Nigel S K

Mar 12, 2018

while the information contained within is accurate and informative the inaccuracies in the transcript and lack of flow and enunciation made taking notes difficult especially with a topic that is as long winded and definition heavy and is as hard to depict using visual means.

By Florian C

Dec 7, 2020

Getting through this course sometimes took a lot of willpower and even though I was not all that into all of the things discussed in it, I believe that almost all of them are important and I am happy to have learned about them. All in all a really good introductory course.

By Lauren F

Mar 25, 2020

I felt the video lessons over 8 minutes were too long for both note-taking purposes and processing purposes. I had a hard time maintaining focus during this time and found the large chunks of data confusion. I wish it had been broken down further into small sections.

By Gregory D

Apr 24, 2019

The open ended written final assignment was better than a multiple choice test in my opinion. I just wish it had been graded by an actual instructor and not peer graded. I would have preferred to have gotten real feedback from someone that's an expert on the material.

By Wagner Z

Jun 1, 2018

Overall this course is great! It gives to you a wide spectrum about System Admin and Infrastructure Services, but at the end, in order to do the last assignment, I felt the course didn't prepare myself enough and instead of motivating you, it kind of discourages you.

By Justin T

Jun 1, 2018

A fair amount of information is covered, it is up to you to educate yourself more in this course than in the previous courses. This course assumes that you are the sole IT department employee for an entire company and so it covers material from that point of view.