Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

3026 - 3050 of 3,105 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Sjir B

Apr 21, 2018

I found it a little to basic

By Bryan G

Apr 29, 2021

Active Directory isn't fun

By Srikanth B

Jun 5, 2020

very tough to understand .

By Rachael L D

Jun 9, 2019

The instructor was great.

By Paul L

Nov 6, 2020

it was kinda hard for me

By Dev B

Jun 7, 2020

Tough !!

By Kareem A

Jul 6, 2021

good

By Shashank T

Sep 20, 2018

fair

By Krešimir K

Aug 18, 2021

ok

By None Y

Jan 12, 2021

For the love of god, do not listen to these 5 star reviews. They are flat out lying to you.

I have never, in my life, thought that a company as big as google could make such a drastic joke of a class such as this. All the way up to course 3 literally every single answer is given to you in the graded assignments. You LITERALLY have to learn nothing until the END of the 3rd course.

You can not in any way expect people to understand or learn the material if you literally hold their hand most of the way through. Id expect this from a start up or less formal company but from Google? Words havent been invented.

Its saying something that Google needs to catch up in the IT world when theyre one of if not the biggest IT company on the planet.

Also google, almost nobody uses linux. Those who do have a deeper understanding of it then what you put in here. Theres no sense in teaching it.

By Tanner J T P

Apr 16, 2019

These were pretty cool courses that offer a lot of knowledge but the part where that talk about getting you information out to companies to help you start your career is fully true. They send you a survey that you select the companies you would like to share you information with out of they're selection, and that's it. There is no other follow up or anything as far as I've seen but I've been done with the program for workin on four months no with no other leads to helping me start my career. So it's great maybe to help boost a career you're already in but DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE if you are using it to help START a career. Hope this helps some people out like me looking for a way into the industry.

By Sandra E

Sep 18, 2020

This course is a must for anyone that's already in the IT field and wants to learn about managing IT infrastructure at a company. But for a complete noob like myself, it was challenging. Since I don't have the proper equipment to test this out and get more hands-on practice. They did have some qwiklabs. But for some unfortunate reasons, they didn't work properly. I would follow the instructions to a T, but qwiklabs wouldn't recognize my work. And in other instances, I would get error messages. I'm sure the lovely people at Google would continue to improve the content of this course, but sadly it didn't work out well for me. But I passed.

By Keith B

Oct 23, 2021

Interesting course but the section on Active Directory was very long and only had 1 90-minute lab (Utilizing Active Directory) that has been broken since at least 10/15 and still hasn't been fixed by qwiklabs. There should be more labs in the AD section. Why aren't there more? There were multiple video lectures lasting over 10 minutes, but other than a few quizzes, there was nothing else that helped us reinforce and apply the knowledge given in the videos. I know this course is about 4 or 5 years old now, but if you do update it, please add more labs in this section so that we can better understand how to configure Active Directory.

By ian M

Apr 21, 2020

Debatable answers to questions. Labs were overly complicated for the topic being discussed. Content was generally good. Presentation and presenter were good. Not recommended for the novice. Glossed over some important topics and commands. Did not cover the nuances of system administration and typical issues that SA's have to deal with, like judgement calls and stress. Ticketing and best practices and simple conventions were left out.

Labs need to be redesigned to load sample applications that the SA can start, stop, modify and change. Instruction set should be loaded on the VM when the student logs in.

By Emma S

Jun 30, 2020

A fairly good course overall with plenty of information. However, I got stuck working on the final assignment for over a year because I struggle with essay-style assignments. And the first time I submitted the assignment, it was a peer reviewed grade and whoever graded it failed me and I got demotivated for several months. I wasted A LOT of money on this course because I couldn't bring myself to work on it for so long. (It should be noted that I know I have an undiagnosed learning disability that is the cause of my woes, but I still hated being stuck on one assignment for over a year.)

By William G

Nov 16, 2020

The materials and labs are great, however the lack of actual personalized feedback on the written assignments renders them ultimately sort of useless - what's the point in asking me to enumerate IT solutions learned in this course if I have no way of knowing if the solutions I proposed are great, innovative, adequate, poor fits etc. It's a good exercise anyway to an extent but I feel cheated out of actual advice from an IT professional or instructor.

By Mulloy R

Sep 22, 2021

The information was great but This is Google; Every lesson should be interesting, fun and not boring. Google should be leaders in the adult teaching of tech concepts but they are not and i feel like they should Google; "How to teach adult learners" research it and come up with a new and innovative way to tech tech. We should have diagrams for everything and every lesson should be so engaging; Its not but keep trying.

By Anton V

Jan 5, 2021

This course is quite strange and seems unfinished. It's a shame because the material is highly relevant, and the Qwiklabs are quite important. But the Qwiklabs are optional with the claim that they do not work properly. However, they seemed to work fine for the ones I tried. The material and presentations in this course should be reconsidered very thoroughly, as it is quite sloppy compared to the three first courses.

By Francisco D D G

Sep 30, 2019

week 2 has very, and I mean, very serious problems with the test at the end. I tried and tried and even contacted coursera people. I had to do it nine times and I knew all the responses. it is impossible to have top grades when a test is expecting three right responses that I know I have to tick and the quiz shows single circle selection, not square. and there are several questions with this problem!!!