Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

26 - 50 of 1,307 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Anthony T D

Feb 08, 2019

Very tough course and poorly designed for learning. Out of all of the courses, this was the hardest to follow.

By Elvin M

Mar 19, 2018

Small amount of info about sysadmin's work.

By Christopher M

Aug 25, 2019

So far, this has been my favorite of the Google IT Support Professional courses. The instructor is fun and engaging and has a gentle, knowledgeable presence on screen. The information is really useful and can be applied immediately anywhere there's a computer network to manage. I've taken tools from this course and applied them to my Help Desk role with great success. The labs in this course are also really fascinating -- you get to configure a web server, which hosts a website that you can then view online on any device for one of them, and you get to schedule a backup which you can manage on any device for another. I'm infinitely grateful that this course exists and found it so engaging that I'm seriously considering looking into SysAdmin as a next step after I move on from Help Desk work. Thank you, Google!

By Earnest M W

May 21, 2018

Whoa! That was intense! I was challenged on this course to not only think like an IT Sys Admin but to also be the one making decisions on how the IT Infrastructure of an organization of 100 people will be implemented and improved! Thanks so much for taking me out of my comfort zone and pushing me to think about the larger picture. I feel confident that whether I am running my own small organization or if I am in charge of one I share a common goal with that I will be prepared. Thanks to Devan for once again sharing with us his expertise in the subject and making it all make sense. Looking forward to the next one where I feel I will be challenged even more but with IT Automation maybe I can make it a little less scary.

By Michelle J

Apr 11, 2020

I gave the course 5 stars because I learned a lot from this course, but the only things I would recommend is that the system is designed to give partial credits on the Graded Assessment Test because I got several of the answers correctly but did not select one answer and it makes the entire question wrong. My score could have been significantly higher had the system gave credit for getting the part of the answer correctly that you selected.

By John N

Aug 06, 2018

This course was really cool to tie everything together some. I especially really like the final project. Really well written case studies that have different problems for each of the three companies instead of a lot of redundancy and overlap. After thinking of like 15 different ways that multiple businesses can improve, you start to realize your personal value and ability to contribute in many ways that have a real impact in a sysadmin role.

By Youssef A R

Jun 25, 2018

Very nice and to the point course. It covered so many important areas that help in support and keeping the system running.

By Christopher M A

Challenging. This course challenged me quite a bit and the knowledge and skills gained are extremely valuable.

By Michael L

I really liked week 6 project. I know that will help me in the future of IT.

By Candace G

Loved learning from Devan, he is so easy to listen to and learn from.

By Alexandre d T C

Jan 01, 2019

Great teachers, great content, theory and practice aligned, A++

By Andrew E

Jul 22, 2019

This course has taught me alot about IT security!

By Abhinandan P

the best course ever

By Taneem U R

Apr 29, 2020

Course quiz has errors which must be resolved. It took me several days to get done with week 2 quiz "Networking Services". I even complete my whole course and wasn't able to pass that. Today I passed it with 100% and I have no idea how...

By Jacob D

Pretty good

By Cynthia M

Aug 10, 2019

A very good course and overview of System Administration. I gave it 3 stars because the final project is peer-reviewed and it would be more beneficial to have input from the instructor or actual sysadmin especially since my classmate's background range from beginner to advanced. I had to submit my project twice and didn't update or change anything because there was miscommunication based on my peer's location. My peer did not understand that the term vendors mean supplies and thought I was trying to outsource my work. Very frustrating. My suggestion if you are truly thinking of becoming a sysadmin try to find one in your area to go over this last project with you regardless of your peers comments whether good of bad.

By Ievgen C

Mar 25, 2020

I`m pretty sure that guy knows a lot, but for some reason it seems like just not his thing (teaching). It was a lot easy with other instructors, even NETWORKING, which was a nightmare for me personally lol

By Joseph B

Jun 25, 2018

Sloppy, inconsistent content containing numerous technical mistakes. and for godsakes they link Wikipedia articles as their "Supplemental Reading" very disappointing, especially for a tech giant like google, but don't worry! every week they have a 2 minute video about diversity worship.

By N. J M

Apr 25, 2018

instructor talks way to fast, making it difficult to understand.

By Nandini P

Jun 11, 2020

It was an amazing course prophecy by Devan Sir. I humbly thank such an interactive session on roles to responsibilties to the system functioning, Communication channelising, deploying devices over a network and procuring data services data domains to backing and restoring the data system, it was a full fledged course on SysAdmin And IT services and its functionalities.

Learning from my mistakes and experimenting things is something that gets me in it and that is when I thought to make career in it. Mistakes will be made because you are human after all.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life

Such is true in IT specialist. I had a better understanding of the responsibilities of a sysadmin and how closely they relate to the work of an IT support specialist. Just by digging in there, rolling up my sleeves, and tackling it head on. And not being scared off by whatever stood in front of me.

Being in this field, pushing myself in technology, continuing to deal with the challenges and overcoming them, continuing to grow and learn, this has helped me with the little technologists that I am and the kind of set the course for us in what they see us doing in the future.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life. Things are not easy.

They are difficult.

But hard work pays off, and

it clearly shows that you've put your hard work to get here.

By John L M

Oct 16, 2019

Up, to, and through the System Administration course for Google IT, I feel it uses a methodical approach that ties it all in together in the System Administration part of the course, which is what I was hoping for as well as expecting it. I have been a formal professional in this field for 3 years at this point of the journey, and seeing how all of it ties in together has been both fascinating and enlightening. Working as a Lvl. I BaaS Admin support, I can see now, I even more comfortable I've become working in the Linux environment, oftentimes working in both Windows and Linux in tandem with one another, which was something I had started implementing naturally while working as an IT Support for UNC. It just made sense to me, then to see that I was going in the right direction, as the Linux Subsystem in Windows gained traction, and observing how the OS environments come together, I'm proud, I'm even more intrigued, and very excited in continuing to grow with and in learning these new technologies. I treated myself to paying for and investing this certification into myself. I am so happy I did!

By DeAnna M H

Jun 23, 2019

This is an amazing course. It will teach you so much on how SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS (and other infrastructures) work. The videos are simple, yet complex and to the point! The instructor is well knowledge and focuses on you learning. Some of the labs and test are challenging, and they don't go much to your overall grade, but DO THEM!!! You will learn from them. Especially from the Linux-based ones. Even though I'm in another course, I'm gonna go back and re-do the labs here just to make sure I completely understand the information. I recommend this class to everyone who needs a complete understanding of how cloud-based infrastructures work.

By Roy

Mar 08, 2019

The only complaint I have is the optional qwiklab assignments do not work. For example when trying to update and install a program from linux in the VM instances, it will not allow you to install unless you use sudo, which then asks for the password, which should be the pw generated at the start of the lab. The pw does not work, which means you cannot make it past step 1. Its frustrating, simply because I can write, write, write all of this learning material down, but get little chance to use it in a real world applications. Disappointing.

By Scott G

Mar 13, 2019

This course stepped up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the previous 3 courses, and at the end I was worried that I hadn't actually learned anything. Then, when I started the final project, I realized just how much of this I truly did learn and was able to apply to the situations they presented. I feel like the subject matter here is very dense, but this course does a great job giving a detailed overview so that it's students can understand System Administration as a whole, then delve into specifics at their want.

By Thomas R

May 14, 2020

Challenging and there was a lot of information thrown at you. I had taken systems thinking course in college so prior knowledge help me in terms of knowing how to approach the final project. My experience from my systems thinking course in college last semester helped me because I built a network from scratch, top to bottom. Everything from building the computer itself, a network for business, choosing the software they needed, peripheral devices and more. Great learning course.