Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

76 - 100 of 3,179 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By sheri c

Jan 9, 2021

Not enough hands on tasks

By Nandini P

Jun 11, 2020

It was an amazing course prophecy by Devan Sir. I humbly thank such an interactive session on roles to responsibilties to the system functioning, Communication channelising, deploying devices over a network and procuring data services data domains to backing and restoring the data system, it was a full fledged course on SysAdmin And IT services and its functionalities.

Learning from my mistakes and experimenting things is something that gets me in it and that is when I thought to make career in it. Mistakes will be made because you are human after all.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life

Such is true in IT specialist. I had a better understanding of the responsibilities of a sysadmin and how closely they relate to the work of an IT support specialist. Just by digging in there, rolling up my sleeves, and tackling it head on. And not being scared off by whatever stood in front of me.

Being in this field, pushing myself in technology, continuing to deal with the challenges and overcoming them, continuing to grow and learn, this has helped me with the little technologists that I am and the kind of set the course for us in what they see us doing in the future.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life. Things are not easy.

They are difficult.

But hard work pays off, and

it clearly shows that you've put your hard work to get here.

By John M

Oct 16, 2019

Up, to, and through the System Administration course for Google IT, I feel it uses a methodical approach that ties it all in together in the System Administration part of the course, which is what I was hoping for as well as expecting it. I have been a formal professional in this field for 3 years at this point of the journey, and seeing how all of it ties in together has been both fascinating and enlightening. Working as a Lvl. I BaaS Admin support, I can see now, I even more comfortable I've become working in the Linux environment, oftentimes working in both Windows and Linux in tandem with one another, which was something I had started implementing naturally while working as an IT Support for UNC. It just made sense to me, then to see that I was going in the right direction, as the Linux Subsystem in Windows gained traction, and observing how the OS environments come together, I'm proud, I'm even more intrigued, and very excited in continuing to grow with and in learning these new technologies. I treated myself to paying for and investing this certification into myself. I am so happy I did!

By Jeff S

Sep 29, 2021

The instructor for this course (System Administration) was probably the best of all of the Google-offered courses available on the Coursera platform. A lot of the topics were complex and I feel like the information presented barely scratched the surface of these concepts. There was so much supplemental reading, the instructor kind of made a joke of it. I enjoyed how the instructor found a way to make a connection with me, as a learner. It is obvious that he knows the material and enjoys sharing his knowledge. (Compare this to many of the instructors from other Google Offered courses, such as the power users course from this specialization, or the instructor from the R course in the Data Analytics specialization. Those courses were about as exciting as watching paint dry because the instructors had as much energy, enthusiasm, and personality as a corpse!)

By Carolyn O

Jan 31, 2021

This has been a great program. I really appreciate Google putting it together. All of the instructors have been a joy to watch and listen to. Even some chuckles! It's been put together, and presented, excellently.

My only complaint is the Qwiklabs. They are a great learning and practice experience. However, they are too short. I try hard to get through the tasks, following the instructions, to beat the clock...there's really not enough time to absorb what we are doing. The last one was funny, when it said "take a moment and look around". I'm thinking "really?, who has time for that?" I appreciate that the last few labs were optional. It was nearly impossible to complete them in the required amount of time. I couldn't afford to do them multiple times.

By Mallareddy T

Sep 26, 2020

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliablecomputers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’lldeep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage andconfigure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s ITinfrastructure in the event of a disaster.

By Gijs O

Mar 24, 2021

Many thanks to the teachers, who explained key principles in a clear and accessible way. I appreciated their knowledge, experience, enthusiasm, and encouragement. Thanks to Coursera for providing this user-friendly learning platform. Via regular assessments, I could apply principles I had learned and consolidate my understanding. Help Center staff responded to queries promptly and were friendly and supportive. The knowledge I gained from these courses has boosted my confidence and will serve as a foundation for further reading and practice. I would not hesitate to recommend this certificate programme to anyone wanting to develop their IT and IT support knowledge.

By DeAnna M H

Jun 22, 2019

This is an amazing course. It will teach you so much on how SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS (and other infrastructures) work. The videos are simple, yet complex and to the point! The instructor is well knowledge and focuses on you learning. Some of the labs and test are challenging, and they don't go much to your overall grade, but DO THEM!!! You will learn from them. Especially from the Linux-based ones. Even though I'm in another course, I'm gonna go back and re-do the labs here just to make sure I completely understand the information. I recommend this class to everyone who needs a complete understanding of how cloud-based infrastructures work.

By Sujaath H

Feb 22, 2021

I really enjoyed this class and the format it was presented in. For me, I learn and retain much more through an online class due to the fact you can do the course as an ¡§open book.¡¨ This really makes me search for the answer and in return, I retain more information. I found it relaxing to be able to turn the work on the assignments and test at my leisure and when I had the time. I liked the fact you were very clear that more internet research may be necessary for some assignments To be honest, there is nothing that I disliked about the course. I will definitely be taking another online course from you!

By Christina K L

Oct 6, 2020

This course was very hard, but very informative. The instructor is my favorite out of all the courses I have taken so far in the Google IT Certification courses. He didn't speak too quickly but quickly enough not to bore. He looked straight at the camera to make you feel as if he's speaking directly to you (I know this is psychology but the brain IS an important thing and psychology does matter). Other instructors look away as if they are speaking to a group even though it does not seem to be the case. He did make great nerd jokes that lighten the mental load of all the information he was covering.

By Antony J

Aug 20, 2020

This is an exceptionally good course!

Even though the labs were optional and ungraded, I think completing them is still an essential part of getting the most out of the course. For example, in the module that shows how to use Windows Active Directory, there is an excellent Qwiklabs lab that runs AD ---- before the material has been taught. I found this approach of 'flipping the lectures' very beneficial, even though it's not popular with everyone.

So far. I have found the networking and sys admin modules the most in-depth and rewarding in the program. Thanks, Google!

By Roy

Mar 8, 2019

The only complaint I have is the optional qwiklab assignments do not work. For example when trying to update and install a program from linux in the VM instances, it will not allow you to install unless you use sudo, which then asks for the password, which should be the pw generated at the start of the lab. The pw does not work, which means you cannot make it past step 1. Its frustrating, simply because I can write, write, write all of this learning material down, but get little chance to use it in a real world applications. Disappointing.

By Eric C

Oct 24, 2020

It was hard trying to get through these courses sometimes but it was never the course itself that was the problem. Life just sometimes makes things like learning new things or doing what your passionate about hard to do. The thing is, this course, this learning system is not like other forms of higher learning. If you get hit with a hard time in life you can still try to finish this will all your progress and the material later. You never really have to stress yourself out about it if you need time to step back from it.

By Scott G

Mar 13, 2019

This course stepped up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the previous 3 courses, and at the end I was worried that I hadn't actually learned anything. Then, when I started the final project, I realized just how much of this I truly did learn and was able to apply to the situations they presented. I feel like the subject matter here is very dense, but this course does a great job giving a detailed overview so that it's students can understand System Administration as a whole, then delve into specifics at their want.

By Ryan G

Jun 10, 2021

This was definitely one of the tougher courses, but feels really good to finally be through it. The knowledge learned along the way was absolutely great and I know I'll use it regularly moving forward. If I had one point of feedback it would be that during the Active Directory section there were multiple videos (sometimes back to back) that were 10-12 minutes long. While I know I can pause the video to take a break, it would be better if those could be broken up into 6 or 7 minute videos to help break everything up.

By Vaibhav S

Nov 1, 2020

One of the best course offered by Google! I learned so much and I feel very confident as compared to what I knew before. It was a knowledgeable and useful experience learning about Cloud services, Active directories, Linux and windows administration etc. Our instructor Devan sir did an excellent job teaching me so many useful and important concepts that will definitely help me in making my IT career, the way he explained things in such an interactive way amazing and helpful. Thank you so much :)

By Krishna S

Sep 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this course of section ( System Administration and IT infrastructure services ) it's refresh all concepts of AD, DNS, and many more. I can say it was right decision for me to go for Google IT support professional certification, reason the way they organised all aspects related to course material was fabulous and i enjoyed each section of course well. I hope everybody whether fresher or experienced will learn from this and utilize in real scenario to have better IT professional.

By Thomas R

May 13, 2020

Challenging and there was a lot of information thrown at you. I had taken systems thinking course in college so prior knowledge help me in terms of knowing how to approach the final project. My experience from my systems thinking course in college last semester helped me because I built a network from scratch, top to bottom. Everything from building the computer itself, a network for business, choosing the software they needed, peripheral devices and more. Great learning course.

By Pierrette M

May 13, 2020

This course has a lot of content that is easy to understand. I learned a lot about Infrastructure services and found out that I was using a lot of them without even knowing!

I understood a lot of things that I didn't have to know in my current job that I have always wondered about, like how on earth an IT specialist would know which department someone is in based on their name only! Or which laptop/computer should be connected to which printer based on location!

Great course!

By Christina J B

Oct 27, 2020

This course is good, but it relies too much on the supplemental readings. I just cannot thank Google and Coursera enough for this opportunity. This particular module of the entire Google IT Programmed really kindled my curiosity to learn more using this path. Thank you. Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

By JD D

May 8, 2019

The course was overall great in establishing an understanding of how to manage the needs of organizations based on centralized systems. I would have liked more practice of the nitty gritty to drive home some of the processes of managing users, groups, permissions, preferences, etc. but for the sake of time I can appreciate the streamlined approach. I did really enjoy this course in it's entirety despite it being the most challenging for myself within the program.

By Luis C V

Sep 4, 2020

I learned a lot in this course System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services. I learned how to manage computers for a whole organization. Services are used in IT infrastructure. Also about the essential use of software for an organization, and how to manage the entire organization's users and computers, using directory services. I learned the skills that I need to backup an organization's data, and recover in the case of a disaster. Thanks

By Cass S

Oct 25, 2020

You really need to work with Qwiklabs to fix issues in the labs you assign us. I tried using their support but their first assumption is that the student didn't follow the instructions as outlined on the web page. All they do is copy and paste those same instructions into the chat window instead of researching and fixing issues as they crop up. Not surprised though as a lot of these type of support personnel aren't paid enough to care.

By Trey D

Oct 26, 2020

This course reinforced how little I actually know about IT, but what I found helpful was how Devan recited things that were taught in Courses 2 and 3 by Victor and Cindy. That recitation provided much needed continuity and was a great contribution towards my learning journey. Overall, it was a bit tricky following along in certain spots without the proper type of Windows OS, but I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to learning more.

By ousmane d

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent Course presented by Mr SRI !

I enjoyed this course too much and it permitted me to know much more about System administration in general and but also IT Infrastructure in particular. I

m now ready for all jobs in Admin Positions or IT support specialist.

Just waiting for the next t course (security) for being a full-stack IT. Thank you, Google the course, and thanks a lot to Coursera for this excellent learning platform.