Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

76 - 100 of 1,772 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Pierrette M

May 14, 2020

This course has a lot of content that is easy to understand. I learned a lot about Infrastructure services and found out that I was using a lot of them without even knowing!

I understood a lot of things that I didn't have to know in my current job that I have always wondered about, like how on earth an IT specialist would know which department someone is in based on their name only! Or which laptop/computer should be connected to which printer based on location!

Great course!

By JD D

May 08, 2019

The course was overall great in establishing an understanding of how to manage the needs of organizations based on centralized systems. I would have liked more practice of the nitty gritty to drive home some of the processes of managing users, groups, permissions, preferences, etc. but for the sake of time I can appreciate the streamlined approach. I did really enjoy this course in it's entirety despite it being the most challenging for myself within the program.

By Luis C V A

Sep 04, 2020

I learned a lot in this course System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services. I learned how to manage computers for a whole organization. Services are used in IT infrastructure. Also about the essential use of software for an organization, and how to manage the entire organization's users and computers, using directory services. I learned the skills that I need to backup an organization's data, and recover in the case of a disaster. Thanks

By OUSMANE D

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent Course presented by Mr SRI !

I enjoyed this course too much and it permitted me to know much more about System administration in general and but also IT Infrastructure in particular. I

m now ready for all jobs in Admin Positions or IT support specialist.

Just waiting for the next t course (security) for being a full-stack IT. Thank you, Google the course, and thanks a lot to Coursera for this excellent learning platform.

By Gabriel M

Feb 07, 2020

The SysAdmin course covers the importance of IT Infrastructure services and the crucial role that each one plays in managing an enterprise or domain. The SysAdmin is responsible for many different aspects of customer service and knowing how to use infrastructure services can make all the difference in how to support customers on an enterprise. This course is a must for IT support specialist in a small to large enterprise.

By Md R I

May 16, 2020

It has been a great experience to learn from Devan Sri-Tharan. Throughout the course your guidance is very helpful to learn System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services essential skills. In this course, Active Directory is the most interesting thing I have learned. Thanks, Devan Sri-Tharan, Coursera and Google for providing this amazing opportunity to learn. Surely I'm looking forward to taking the next course.

By Michael D

Sep 13, 2020

The role to fill as a Systems Administrator, over-seeing the IT Infrastructure is such a daunting task; so I thought. Yet the confidence I found in myself to engage into the position was indeed thrilling. This course put me through the ringer in more ways than one. I read each article, the supplement readings were in-depth and needless to say, the material referenced in the course enriched the lessons.

By Ahmed I

Jul 05, 2020

The learning journey was amazing! I learned so many interesting things from this course. Mainly, responsibilities of Sys Admin, Network and Infrastructure Services, Software and platform services, Directory Services, Active Directory, Data Recovery and Backup systems and so on. The most exiting and interesting thing was managing Active Directory and Group Policy Editor also the Data Recovery System.

By L.Prithviraj S

Mar 20, 2018

It feels awesome to complete such an Informative and energy packed Course . it was pleasure learning all the system administrator fundamentals. The thought of being coached by the Fellow Googler's is Remarkable. The whole Course was Intelligently Build keeping mind all the aspects of system Administration. Hope to Grace forward the Further Courses and get the Googles IT Professional Certificate.

By Musa I A

Sep 27, 2020

This is unbelievable! This course is amazing, I never believe I could go this far since I started this course I was introduced to a lot of concepts and want really System administrator is responsible for. I mean a whole lot of things from managing the Hardware, Network Service, Software Service, directory, and also troubleshoot. This is amazing. Thanks to Google for this opportunity

By Melvin R

Apr 29, 2020

This course is great for its many Qwiklabs on Linux administration and Active Directory services.

While I am also pursuing a CompTIA A+ certification, I can see that Google's Sysadmin course takes things further that you really need to know for being useful in an Enterprise environment. This is especially true when migrating whole fleets of users and PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

By Syed M S

Jan 01, 2020

That was beginner friendly to understand about System Administration and It Infrastructure for a fresher who is looking for get a job in System Admin rule and IT support . All of this topic was most important for an system administration enthusiast. This course have real life lab environment which let us practice with real life lab and help us to learn more details about the topic.

By Brayan R C

Jun 06, 2020

Exellent Course, All IT organizations in the world shoud take this course into consideration, even more that the comptia a +, as an entry IT level course for me this is better by far than some others there, this is really good for beguinners and people starting in IT and looking forward to get an IT job, its helping me, GOOGLE and COURSERA are making a perfect combination.

By Mark E

Jul 16, 2020

I would have like week 6 to possibly have been completely focused on a hands on project even by being walked through it step by step. The first 5 weeks could easily have stayed the same but eliminate the Qwiklabs and then save week 6 for a step by step walk through of what its like to set up a Active Directory Server utilising knowledge and skills from the prior 5 weeks.

By Rabindra K B

Aug 11, 2020

This is an excellent course as part of the IT Support Professional Certificate program. This has really helped me in refreshing and further enhancing my technical skills. The instructors are great with explaining the technical details, providing real time scenarios and sharing experiences. Many Thanks for this great platform of learning and skill development. Kudos !!

By David L

This course by far, was the most INTERESTING COURSE in this entire set. When I first started all I wanted to be was a Help Desk, Now I want to switch it up and become a System Administrator. I loved this course, and I hope this course never goes away. To the newbies, this course is a total blast, and hey you might change what you want to be also. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

By Noel W J

Oct 26, 2019

The course was very intense. It taught me a lot about System Administrations, Network and infrastructure service, Software and platforms, Directory services, and Data recovery and backups. So much information to absorb but it was worth. This course has just given me the motivation go further and to learn as much as i can about the IT Professional. I am so excited.

By Jolly J Y J K

Jul 15, 2020

System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services was my best subject to learn. The contents were perfect and I wish I get hands-on training too by joining a company Like Google, IBM, or any company similar. I am still reviewing the contents I learned so far. I thank Coursera and Google for making easier learning and taking technology to a higher level.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provided the information I needed to centrally manage my IT Infrastructure while providing a solid understanding of the system processes that an IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining. This program didn't just give me the confidence that I could complete these tasks, it provided me with experience completing them on my own system!

By Tarun J

Jun 16, 2018

This was an excellent course and provided a great amount of info on the Infrastructure services. I really liked the final assignment which got me thinking on how to think about an organization needs in terms of IT infrastructure. Finally, a big thank to our instructor Devan Sri-Tharan for helping us learn about the different IT Infrastructure Services.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was very new to me, When it comes to Active Directory policy creation and usage. But this course really did break it down and it was challenging . I do feel like this part of the course is extremely valuable, Most high level IT Positions rely on active directory services. So i do appreciate that this course has added this in.

By Jackson S

Jun 12, 2018

Was a great course, really covered Active Directory and the basics of Group Policy Objects well. Would have liked to see some more depth on server operating systems and managing these services--it is a course on system administration after all. Overall a great crash course on keeping a small company or organization's IT systems up and running.

By Gayle L W

Jan 17, 2020

Wow! This course was really both challenging and informative... it covered so much about today's IT infrastructure services. I feel like I really learned a lot more in depth about the most current IT business processes and practices I previously only had a general understanding of because I haven't actually done hands-on IT for many years.

By Rhenado S B

Aug 23, 2020

This course gives a step by step guide in using a directory service such as Active directory for centralized management, It also went though the implementation of using group policies to control access for both users and computers. Finally using a backup solution to effectively back up critical servers and files for business continuity.

By Nishant K G

Apr 29, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about System Administration, but after completing this course I feel like I know about System Administration now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on System Administration.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!