Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

101 - 125 of 2,075 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Noel W J

Oct 25, 2019

The course was very intense. It taught me a lot about System Administrations, Network and infrastructure service, Software and platforms, Directory services, and Data recovery and backups. So much information to absorb but it was worth. This course has just given me the motivation go further and to learn as much as i can about the IT Professional. I am so excited.

By Jolly J Y J K

Jul 15, 2020

System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services was my best subject to learn. The contents were perfect and I wish I get hands-on training too by joining a company Like Google, IBM, or any company similar. I am still reviewing the contents I learned so far. I thank Coursera and Google for making easier learning and taking technology to a higher level.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provided the information I needed to centrally manage my IT Infrastructure while providing a solid understanding of the system processes that an IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining. This program didn't just give me the confidence that I could complete these tasks, it provided me with experience completing them on my own system!

By Tarun J

Jun 16, 2018

This was an excellent course and provided a great amount of info on the Infrastructure services. I really liked the final assignment which got me thinking on how to think about an organization needs in terms of IT infrastructure. Finally, a big thank to our instructor Devan Sri-Tharan for helping us learn about the different IT Infrastructure Services.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was very new to me, When it comes to Active Directory policy creation and usage. But this course really did break it down and it was challenging . I do feel like this part of the course is extremely valuable, Most high level IT Positions rely on active directory services. So i do appreciate that this course has added this in.

By Andria

Oct 21, 2020

Lots of material in this course! I got a little bogged down with the directory services stuff and decided the easiest way to understand and remember it was to install it and use it, which worked like a charm. There is quite a lot covered in this section of the course and I feel like I learned a lot of new stuff without it getting repetitive.

By Jackson S

Jun 12, 2018

Was a great course, really covered Active Directory and the basics of Group Policy Objects well. Would have liked to see some more depth on server operating systems and managing these services--it is a course on system administration after all. Overall a great crash course on keeping a small company or organization's IT systems up and running.

By Gayle L W

Jan 16, 2020

Wow! This course was really both challenging and informative... it covered so much about today's IT infrastructure services. I feel like I really learned a lot more in depth about the most current IT business processes and practices I previously only had a general understanding of because I haven't actually done hands-on IT for many years.

By Chan S C

Sep 30, 2020

I did not think that I was able to get through the Active Directory tests and was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get 80% and 100% respectively. Quite difficult to understand but somehow do-able. This course allows me to see the importance of having a competent system administrator within an organisation for it to function optimally.

By Rhenado S B

Aug 22, 2020

This course gives a step by step guide in using a directory service such as Active directory for centralized management, It also went though the implementation of using group policies to control access for both users and computers. Finally using a backup solution to effectively back up critical servers and files for business continuity.

By Nishant K G

Apr 29, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about System Administration, but after completing this course I feel like I know about System Administration now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on System Administration.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Mario E

Feb 27, 2020

Curso muy interesante para saber el alcance de un administrador de sistemas y todas sus funciones, desde elegir el tipo de almacenamiento de ficheros, configurar el servidor de correo electrónico, mantener el directorio activo o ser capaz de generar las copias de seguridad y los métodos de recuperación de datos en caso de desastre.

By SOURAV D S

Oct 1, 2020

The instructor was so nice to learn. its our good opportunity to learn this course & heartiest thanks to the instructor for providing your valuable times. thank you

To learn about basic things of the course. This course helped me a lot.

Yeah, i love this course and the instructors also, without them we could not make it. Thank you

By Thomas M

Sep 16, 2020

This was the most theoretical course in this Professional Certificate, but beside a deep dive in services, I felt it brought everything from the previous courses together very nicely. Overall this is as good as it gets when it comes to online courses, just as well structured, informative and well delivered as the previous ones.

By Lloyd W

Jun 13, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to learn about system Administration in two weeks. Since I am at home because of pandemic , it was a good time for me to learn a new skill, and brush up my old skills. Google System Administration course was a great course and I highly recommended to everyone at home because of pandemic.

By Brock A

May 7, 2019

So much content, it was difficult to dissect it all. However, the information was great, and I loved the labs that gave good hands on practice. I would have liked to learn how to set up servers from scratch, and to build an infrastructure from the ground up, but most of those pieces were certainly present in this course.

By Joseph R G

Apr 20, 2019

The QwikLABS need better documentation in the screenshots. There is a lot of supplemental reading which makes this module the longest so far. It covered a great deal of material. Just keep pushing and you'll get through it. The labs were great once you figure out all the replications/nuances as you will learn a lot.

By Caleb M

Jun 23, 2020

A good balance of instruction and practical application, though the latter half of the course becomes a bit heavy on the instruction. Regardless, I feel I walked in to the course with a mostly ephemeral knowledge of the concepts therein and walked out with a knowledge I would now consider foundational. That's a win.

By Ahmed S

Oct 27, 2020

I really enjoyed the AD sections, I wish there was more hands-on exercises in this course. I think the value of having the VM environment (qwiklab or however you spell it) would have been a good way to teach the AD lessons. I think I have a hard time with hours of videos and then some quizzes. Where’s the hands-on?

By Brett B

May 24, 2018

This was one of the more challenging courses for me for whatever reason. I probably feel that way because the final assignment took me awhile. Everything was explained and presented in a way that was easy for me to understand. I really feel like a more confident I.T. Support Specialist where I work currently.

By Ratna M G

Oct 7, 2020

Very glad to have your companies certificate as system Administration and IT IS. it is my pleasure to learn new adventure and explore in IT field. Very much to Bhutan Government for providing as opportunist to learn and explore in IT field. and special thank goes to google team for providing as your course.

Jul 16, 2018

This was the toughest part so far. Early on I coasted on my knowledge, but this was all rather new and intimidating. Linux is the hardest part for me since I have never used it. I wish I had the time and money to invest in all of these technologies, but that's why we compartmentalize and specialize I suppose.

By Munira Z

Jul 15, 2020

Thanks a lot. Especially last video really encouraging ;) The course was quite challenging for a dummy like me but very useful. I hope with practice and revision everything will become even more clearer. Amazing lessons, perfect opportunities to try out what was learnt in qwikabs. So I strongly recommend it.

By Zhu W

Thank you google, I really enjoy the course. Although I felt sometime the teacher tend to explain things in very complex way. It might be better if he could use more metaphor to describe the problems. That could be more vividly and easier to understand. Overall this is an awesome course and I enjoy it a lot.

By Darren S

Jul 9, 2018

I really enjoy system administration. I had received my B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management but I've always been a tech head. System administration is like a melding of both topics and this course allowed me to experience some of that and I appreciate that a lot. Thank you.