Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

126 - 150 of 2,075 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Edson Z

Jul 15, 2020

Really great course, it gave me really good insights on the role of System Administration, setting up data backup and recovery procedures in the work environment, design disaster recovery plans, implement them through labs, backing up local and remote machines, the content was really great and I love it.

By Aaron G

Nov 16, 2020

very good in depth course that helps you get an idea of what you will actually be seeing in your role as a it support specialist. also gives a good look into the work of a sysadmin and how you can easily translate all you have learned to do jobs that are more difficult and require more responsibility.

By Diana M

Sep 3, 2020

Quite tough but well worth it - I've just done lots of outside investigating and querying - meaning web resources - and that's exactly what I'll need to do in IT support anyway. I'm mostly over the idea that I'm only smart if I get it right away. My smarts come from persistence and my will to learn.

By Nicholas P

Oct 16, 2020

Great overview of several IT functions. Security, Networking, Administration of Server and Infrastructure were all covered. For a senior level IT person, this was a great review and refreshed my memory on many of the basics that I would expect from a new hire or someone joining the IT ranks.

By Jonathan L

Sep 10, 2019

Good introductory course into sysadmin basics.

To get deeper into the course you would have to understand components of it in depth such as the Linux OS and Linux software.

Overall however it does give you a place to start. If you are in IT this is one way to push yourself and move upward.

By eric f

Oct 2, 2020

Great course. Wonderful topics and well understood. Everything was on point and this helped me meet my primary goals. Lecturer was great, and taught very well, explaining every area of the course topic to my understanding. I am Satisfied. Looking forward to further from here.

Thank you.

By Ronan S A M G

Sep 18, 2019

There a lot of information that I recover for this course along with supplemental reading that you provide it. Now, I know what responsibility that sysadmin must do. It gives the great impact for the large and small company. Really appreciate this knowledge. Thank you Devan Sri-Tharan.

By SUVAJIT M

Aug 26, 2020

Good morning to the respective admins and to my fellow learners. I learned how to be a system admins and how to find effective solutions for solving problems that arise with time and also cost-effective solutions to it. I am eager to learn more in the upcoming lessons have a nice day.

By Stephen S

Nov 20, 2020

I really appreciated and learned a lot about systems administration in this course. The instructor was clear and engaging. I plan to use the information that I learned in this course and apply it to my career as an IT Support Specialist and perhaps someday as a systems administrator.

By Anthony R

Feb 13, 2020

Genuinely a very helpful and insightful course. There's a lot of great opportunities to be had as a SysAdmin and this course helps you get your foot in the door and orients you on the right path. I highly recommend it to anyone just starting out or even those looking for a refresher.

By Akash k

Jun 18, 2020

I love the google made this course this course is awesome I have done a system Administration training from Red Hat so I thought I will not get much information here but I have learned so many new things like Active Directory, IT Infrastructure Services and Networking related topics

By Tatiana P

May 15, 2019

Ayurveda wisdom meets western encapsulated web cluster... those labs added to Course-4 are a true masterpiece and should be somehow laminated in 3D

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Luis M

Jun 14, 2020

me encanto el curso ya que refresque en varios temas que tenia problemas y pude entender las situaciones que se presentan en diferentes campos dentro de la administracion de equipos de igula maneras siempre se presentaran otras dificultades pero para eso estamos para resolverlos

By Linda C

Nov 23, 2020

Very in-depth course!!!! A high-level view of basically all IT concepts. It will take some time, repeat Some Time, to truly learn all the concepts, but the course was easy enough to follow and grasp the information. I would love to re-do the entire course, but a slower pace.

By Michael G

Jan 20, 2020

A lot of hands-on with assignments with Services, and those are definetely good skills to have. Really cool stuff. I'd love if there would be more pracice with cloud resources. Thanks for the great experience

P.S.: The questions in the graded quizes are sometimes very unclear

By Daniel K

Nov 5, 2019

Overall, very good. There are many take aways for me personally. Especially on active directory. My only suggestion is the AD section. Some of it can be long. I think if it was broken down into smaller sections. But then again, a cup of coffee might have changed things.

By Kevin M K M

Apr 23, 2018

This course covers a lot in terms of system Admin, I wish there were labs to test out Directory Services implementation. Overall a worthwhile course for aspiring and practicing IT admin, you will pick up plenty of tools to help you manage your day to day IT infrastructure.

By Zakhar P

Sep 10, 2018

I like this course particularly, because going through assignment I have learned lots of new things. The teaching was massive stream of IT infrastructure services. Sometimes , I would wish it could be more metaphorically described , not just lavishly nerdy descriptive

By Septian R H

Apr 25, 2020

This is very cool, full with insight and knowledge that could help me on the future. The lesson is simple yet very informative as well. Some test is kinda hard especially the one where multiple answer needs to be answered correctly. Regardless, thank you for everything

By Faruk H

Jul 2, 2020

Such a wonderful course to me in short period of time ,so many areas has been covered in this course as a sysadmin. I wish and hope the knowledge i have gathered through this course will play big role to my IT career.

Thanks to Google to provide this wonderful course.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 12, 2018

The topics, services and protocols are the knowledge bases and the tools that you should use as a systems administrator.

The course in general really liked a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive this course represented by a company in the Google category.

By Fahad A

Jun 9, 2020

This course is very detailed and well constructed to understand the deep and tricky parts of being a system administrator. After completing this course I can say I understand the large and small company requirements and understand better how IT Infrastructure works.

By Amie D H

Apr 30, 2020

I enjoyed this class. At times it is a lot of technical information but it was one of the classes I was most excited about. This class definitely builds on all the previous clases, so if you are new to IT I would suggest starting from the beginning of the Program.

By Harol A C C

Mar 31, 2020

Muy buen curso con excelente material didáctico, adicionalmente considero que el esquema de evaluación permite que uno realmente estudie cada tema a conciencia, sin embargo pienso que deberían haber a lo largo del curso más evaluaciones del tipo del proyecto final.

By MD F S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course and lot of new and important things to learn about the important role system administrator play in an organisation. Thanks to the tutor as he is really excellent at explaining things and teaching quality or contents are just absolutely marvellous.