Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

126 - 150 of 1,348 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Robert B

Jul 06, 2020

It was very fascinating learning about the intricacies and background infrastructure of system administration and I'm eager to test out what knowledge I've learned into helping others utilize their systems better.

By Jason S

Apr 12, 2018

Great course. I really enjoyed learning about the skills required to keep an organization running from a technological perspective. I learned some valuable skills that will allow me to pursue this position.

By ABHISHEK K P

May 04, 2020

Really loved this course. Learned a lot about different types of servers, services, protocols, policies.

Most important thing i learned is how to set up, manage and maintain IT Infrastructure.Thanks GOOGLE.

By Sacha Z

May 02, 2020

Very interesting to see how systems are managed in the backend. You definively have to think around corners in some places. But the tools are very helpful to make things clear and work a little less hard.

By Aaron M H

Dec 27, 2019

An excellent course that provides a rigorous overview of the day and the life of a sysadmin and all of the many components a sysadmin must think about and rely on in maintaining the company infrastructure

By Rohit B

Feb 16, 2019

Thank you so much, Coursera team to introduce this program. I've learned a lot about IT world, how it works, it's functionality and how can one get start their career in it. Thank you so much, once again.

By Mcvean S

Jun 24, 2020

A fascinating course that teaches you the basics of setting up and managing the IT infrastructure of an organization. The extra 1 star is for the instructor and his amazing pun-styled teaching approach!

By Jeremy B

Feb 10, 2019

It was good. A lot of information, but just the basics of each. IF everyone took each piece of information here and studied further, they would be System Administration "leaders". Good capstone course.

By Aaron H

Jul 15, 2018

Course was great and I learned a lot more about network systems! I look forward to putting this knowledge to use setting up a home network server in the near future and apply this to an IT career soon!

By Oscar A R Q

Jan 16, 2020

By AZEB T T

Nov 16, 2019

Videos are short and precise to the point.

Reading source materials are credible.

Practice exercises and quiz are effective.

Qwiklabs are just like real life work environment.

Thanks for Instructor!!!

By Abhijit C

Jun 12, 2020

I enjoyed to learn this course and quite interesting. Lecturer was appreciable. I would recommend to teach with some graphics in videos which will be more understandable and easy to remember.

By Đặng V P

Apr 13, 2020

This is an excellent course. I have no background on IT, but it seems like this course has just triggered my love on the field. Sincerely thank you for truly dedicated materials and teaching.

By Alexander D

This is a very informative course. It gave me access to a lot of new information that I hadn't learned before. I feel more comfortable entering the IT field after going through this course.

By Maharramov O

Feb 20, 2020

Everything was interesting, and most importantly instructive, the administration of the system is very interesting if you skillfully know how to use all the necessary tools for this. thanks

By Stacey G

Dec 29, 2019

There was a LOT of material in this course. I really like this instructor as he presents so matter-of-factly and explains concepts well. I feel more comfortable in troubleshooting issues.

By Arun V

Aug 26, 2019

This course is an excellent refresher on Sys admin tasks on both Windows and Linux platforms. The labs are great, giving you near realistic experience . The instructor is bright and cogent.

By Christian R

Mar 06, 2019

Really good course but I wish you could teach on how to troubleshoot a DNS or DHCP server in Window environment also I would like to have learned how to install and configure a LDAP server.

By Ralph A W

Apr 25, 2020

The last page says course 4 of 6 but the actual certificate only has 5 courses, not 6. "You've successfully completed Course 4 of 6: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services"

By Kyle H

Aug 04, 2019

I really enjoy the AD sections, I wish there was more hands on with exercises in this course. More focus on VM environment would have been great to see, but overall an excellent course!

By Philip A

Sep 18, 2018

It is an amazing opportunity to offer professional advice as the tasks are real cases but the names of the organisations are fictitious. It helps me to improve my consultation skills.

By Jennifer D C

May 03, 2018

Instructor was very informative while making the material very accessible and approachable to learn. Learned a lot about what system administration and IT infrastructure services are.

By Forrest F

Dec 30, 2019

It was definitely harder than the others but it was really rewarding even though I got a lower grade than the others so far. I am looking forward to the final course for IT Security!

By Johanna M

May 27, 2019

I found this course relevant from a hands-on learning perspective. It covered a LOT of material but the labs and final project helped reinforce the real-life assessment situations.