Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

151 - 175 of 1,900 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Olukayode A

Apr 14, 2020

Very verbose! pay close attention to important concepts. Unfortunately, most of the quick labs don't work. Thankfully, they are optional and failure to complete them does not impede the course progress. Besides all these issues, it's a great course.

By Albert J A

Apr 13, 2019

Impressive array of topics arranged to organize IT infrastructure into functional areas, with ideas for improving security, saving money, increasing functionality, and avoiding problems. Great hands on lab experiences. Challenging but fun. Thanks!

By Muhammed N

May 16, 2020

Thanks to the Coursera and Google team for giving me this wonderful opportunity . I am now certified System Administrator courtesy of the wonderful online team of Coursera and Google . The review of this course deserve more than 5 golden stars .

By Sébastien L

Jan 07, 2019

Great content, great instructor. I personally didn't enjoy some lengthy parts about Active Directory as I'm sure I won't be dealing much with those features of the Windows OS in my career, but the concepts are interesting and useful nonetheless.

By Filip J

Mar 20, 2018

This course was great. Everything learned was right in place but in the end I had a feeling that there should be covered more fields. But this course is huge and it is hard to expect that everything can be covered. Great job on this one Google.

By Jean P D

Nov 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course it has brought a lot in my professional life and especially in the field that I am improving that is the informative. I say a big thank you to the instructor and for these very valuable explanations. Thank you...

By James F

Nov 10, 2019

There was some missing "Supplemental readings", but all in all, this was a good course. I found it more difficult than others as it touched base on items that i was not able to setup and work with during this course, like Active Directory.

By Teddy E

Sep 04, 2018

The final project helped me synthesize and reinforce my learning. As a Learning Consultant, I'd highly recommend that your team continue to use this type of learning project at the end of each module or the course.

Thanks a million!

Teddy

By Harish P

Aug 09, 2020

By this course, I am confident that I can help the systems administrator of my educational institution. I've learnt a lot about directories permissions accessibility of systems, Importance of backing up data etc.Thanks to the Instructor

By Shubham S

Jun 02, 2020

I had spend great and valuable time time , i had learn so many thing and skills from here and especially thanks a lot to DEVAN SRI-THARAN SIR.

You taught me very important and responsibility about sysadmin.

thank you so much coursera .

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Guru G

Oct 13, 2020

i enjoyed learning this but i am not good at reading thats why i not good at writing. i struggled lot writing Project Process Improvement Base on Scenario for three different company. but at the end i did it . hell ya. feels good. :)

By LaDwana P

Jul 19, 2018

This was by far the most informative and interesting course. I am struggling with retaining a lot of the info but I am determined to push through. I have learned so much and can not wait to have hands on opportunities in this field.

By Pavel M

Feb 01, 2018

It's a great course for those starting their career as system administrator or just want to know what exactly sysadmin's role is. It covers almost all common things system administrator do and describes sysadmin responsibilities.

By Jesus C

Dec 10, 2019

Learned how to establish and how to properly implement A proper IT Infrastructure along with the process and procedures that come with working as a System administrator. Wonderful Unit Loved the the part with Active Directory.

By Maxwell H

Aug 17, 2020

amazing information. I am happy with the course but still think that the ability to have a more hands on course meaning in person would be a much more deeper training. Thanks for this its amazing learning from this course.

By Jacob R

Mar 09, 2020

Very insightful course - I feel like I learned a ton, and now have a better understanding of the behind-the-scenes action that takes place in the workplace from an IT perspective. Seems like sysadmins have a really cool job!

By Sterling H

Jun 25, 2019

Wow I learned a lot about systems administration and IT infrastructure. It is challenging sometimes and some topics require additional studying but I do feel more confident about advancing a career in information technology.

By Diego G

Jun 18, 2020

Realmente muy buen curso. Hasta ahora es el que mas me gustó de toda la certificacion. Me parecio excelente todos los ejemplos de la vida cotidiana. Creo que eso es lo que mas suma en un curso de este estilo. Muchas gracias

By Richard D

Feb 07, 2020

The course coverd a big part of the IT support and knowledge in real life.

It helped me a lot to understand more and more how the IT infrastructure of a company works and how you can improve it! It was an amazing experience!

By Samiur R

Apr 25, 2018

Really great course. Instructor covered diverse topic that will help in the job. I really loved this program. I hope enthusiast future SysAdmin of the future would enroll this course and learn valuable knowledge. Thank you.

By Mustafa K

Jul 02, 2020

The course is practical, to the point, engaging especially the labs and excerises are very practical and challenging. i love the course. however a few more qwiklab practice challenges should have been added to the course.

Mar 29, 2020

What a great course! it reinforced some concepts i already knew and introduced me to technologies i have only heard about.

i recommend this course to anyone who wants to further their IT career!

Thanks Google and Coursera!

By Michael B

Aug 15, 2019

Excelling course covering a lot of fundamental skills of a sysadmin. The labs in this course give great hands-on experience and are very well thought out. The instructor does a great job of presenting the course content.

By Edyta S

Jul 09, 2018

Informative module with well explained core tasks of Sysadmin. The teacher for this module well presented each lesson, and event though I found lessons about Active Directory difficult I liked the way it was presented.