Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

SG
Nov 22, 2021

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

201 - 225 of 3,164 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Maria A A

Aug 16, 2018

It is a deep course of course, however I´ve learned a lot! I intend to study more because I think IT administration is a very intereting subject! I want to learn more in a practical way! Well, I think I could work as a trainee at any company! Thanks all team!

By Amit B

Jan 12, 2021

This certificate is new of its kind in that it presents a completely unique approach to introduce those who seek an IT career to the IT field and teaches you the content in a way that you don’t any prerequisites to be able to understand and grasp the content.

By RODRIGUEZ G C A

Nov 19, 2021

Such a great course I can not believe how much I learned with this. This is the perfect structure for a course, short videos with several topics so you do not get boring. The material was interesting and the instructor was definitely an expert in the field.

By Albert C U

Mar 15, 2020

This is a very highly drilling course; I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to take a career in IT Support and System administration.

The Qwiklab demonstrations are like real life situations....

Cool Course.

Much thanks to Google and Coursera!!!

By eric b

Nov 27, 2019

Great course, the lessons and video were very interactive and it gives you hands-on lab experience depicting real life scenarios. I have been able to acquire some skills in directory services, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) and Backup Systems.

By Rodrique R

Apr 12, 2020

There were a couple of questions that were worded wrong. One question asking for a backup solution for reliability...... And the answer was Raid array. In the course, Raid array was emphasized as not being a backup solution, but rather a data solution.

By MOHAMED S M A H

Sep 13, 2021

It's a long and hard journey and I'm still on my way to complete it I would like to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the teachers and Instructors here Allah then you are the reason to build a career in this field Thank you so much

By Leonardo B B

Nov 4, 2020

This course is amazing! A lot of work though! Be ready to spend most of your time figuring out stuff by yourself. It paves the way to understand Windows Active Directory and create your own server using Apache2. Great course! Thanks Google and Coursera!

By Timothy W

Feb 24, 2019

The course took a very practical approach to the System Administration job and the sort of activities you can expect if you were in that position. I thought that the Supplemental Reading was very instructive and actually integral to the course overall.

By Yash P S

Mar 6, 2018

Very comprehensive course at this level for a beginner. Learned lot of things and started to see things in perspective of an IT organization. Section on Active Directory was center piece of the course.

Hats off to the course creators, Google & Coursera.

By Steven C

May 9, 2019

This course allowed me to really peek behind the curtain and see just how sysadmins maintain large scale networks for organizations. From servers to DNS, DCHP, and directory services, it was all very interesting information that made you want to learn.

By Sandalu A

Jun 10, 2020

This is good introductory course to learn basics of system administration.This course will teach lots of things if you are willing to learn.Do not take this course to for the sake of obtaining certificate.Obtaining certification is quite easy though.

By Gustavo L

Nov 27, 2020

This is one of the more challenging courses. I plan to revisit this information before my interviews. Additionally, the labs were difficult enough to keep them interesting but not overwhelming to the point that it did not make me want to come back.

By CASH M

Oct 21, 2020

Whew! A lot to learn here and a little bit overwhelming! I would suggest more qwiklabs than essay type quizzes. 2 essays for the last quiz i think is sufficient, be more specific on the ask though. All in all, a great learning experience! Thumbs Up!

By Olukayode A

Apr 13, 2020

Very verbose! pay close attention to important concepts. Unfortunately, most of the quick labs don't work. Thankfully, they are optional and failure to complete them does not impede the course progress. Besides all these issues, it's a great course.

By Dylan

Dec 4, 2020

Hands-on experience, and a closer look to the day to day work of an IT Support Specialist or a System Administrator. This course provides you with a toolset to setup the scenario for a small business and implement IT solutions. Greatly Recommended!

By Albert J A

Apr 13, 2019

Impressive array of topics arranged to organize IT infrastructure into functional areas, with ideas for improving security, saving money, increasing functionality, and avoiding problems. Great hands on lab experiences. Challenging but fun. Thanks!

By Muhammed N

May 16, 2020

Thanks to the Coursera and Google team for giving me this wonderful opportunity . I am now certified System Administrator courtesy of the wonderful online team of Coursera and Google . The review of this course deserve more than 5 golden stars .

By Sébastien L

Jan 7, 2019

Great content, great instructor. I personally didn't enjoy some lengthy parts about Active Directory as I'm sure I won't be dealing much with those features of the Windows OS in my career, but the concepts are interesting and useful nonetheless.

By Peter F

Dec 24, 2020

Very good and relevant content.

Especially liked AD and Backup topic.

Good Quicklabs.

Improvement suggestion: Last writing exercise (Final Project) should have been at least peer review (currently it seems to be just a form, which is not reviewed)

By B O

Oct 30, 2020

Excellent Course in the Google IT Certification! The Section on MSFT's Active Directory (AD) was very informative and showcases what a powerful too AD can be! (And I thought all MSFT did was Windows and the XBOX) Great presenters at Google!!

By Filip J

Mar 20, 2018

This course was great. Everything learned was right in place but in the end I had a feeling that there should be covered more fields. But this course is huge and it is hard to expect that everything can be covered. Great job on this one Google.

By Jean P D

Nov 18, 2019

I really enjoyed this course it has brought a lot in my professional life and especially in the field that I am improving that is the informative. I say a big thank you to the instructor and for these very valuable explanations. Thank you...

By James F

Nov 9, 2019

There was some missing "Supplemental readings", but all in all, this was a good course. I found it more difficult than others as it touched base on items that i was not able to setup and work with during this course, like Active Directory.

By Teddy E

Sep 3, 2018

The final project helped me synthesize and reinforce my learning. As a Learning Consultant, I'd highly recommend that your team continue to use this type of learning project at the end of each module or the course.

Thanks a million!