Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

2376 - 2400 of 2,898 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Festus M

May 4, 2020

It is great course. But more could have been done especially on the size of videos. The videos are too short. This requires to perform several downloads for later view. Other than that, it is a great course with concise videos which are straight to the point.

By Sai R A

Jul 15, 2020

Liked the course. It showed many practical duties of a system administrator and I was enjoying it while learning how to manage users and how we can restrict their access, and most important of all, we are responsible for the IT infrastructure of the company.

By Fred H

Jun 12, 2020

A lot of great stuff here, really well done for an online course. Only thing I would change is making sure that the labs function properly (for full credit), and perhaps reorganizing the chapters on active directory into multiple smaller sections.

By Danielle B

Jan 22, 2019

The course content itself wasn't bad at all, but the glitchiness of QL made this course much more tedious and frustrating that it should have been. Please, please, please reconsider your obsession with QL activities. Please. Please. Please.

By Shirley M S

May 7, 2021

Me gustó el material del curso. Estaba muy actualizado y objetivo, pero encontré que las actividades para fijar el contenido fueron muy pobres en pocas.

También encontré que las tareas practicas fueron pocas y no tuvieron el alcance esperado.

By Darryl T

Jan 11, 2021

This course was a lot of fun. There was also a lot of information. I feel like there needs to be more hands-on experimentation with some of these concepts. After the course, where can we go to practice our skills if we are working from home?

By Binaya P

Jun 30, 2019

A very good course for student and working professional. It covers all the new technology and underneath basic concept. The labs are confusing, could have been better if they had an easy link for the lab after we logged in google cloud.

By Nkunze C

May 7, 2020

Amazing content and a lot to learn from this course. The tutor was amazing and tried to explain while giving practical examples to every lesson. I believe this is a stepping stone towards becoming a competent Information Technologist

By James U

There was a lot of great stuff taught in this class but without access to active Directory it makes it difficult to follow along. It would have been nice if I could pull up qwiklabs and follow along making changes like in the video.

By Adaka I

Sep 10, 2020

Awesome course ... as is the others in the certificate. DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, OpenLDAP, etc ...it has been an awesome time. A big shout-out to all the instructors and to Google for putting this together. THANK YOU!!

By Ian M

Aug 4, 2020

Awesome content! More examples and QWIK Labs that worked just a tab better, generally, would help. Still, this course rocked! Thank you! Instructor was great. Used his hands when lecturing, which helps a lot! Great presenter!

By Brad P

Mar 7, 2020

I thought it was a good course, but to get the most out of it you really need a second laptop with AD installed to work along side the instructor. I had a similar feeling in module three when we were learning Linux commands.

By Tellas P L

Jul 27, 2020

It was okay. I wish the videos were better scripted because I had a hard time paying attention and following the instructor. There was something very artificial in it which made it hard to get invested in the subject matter.

By Niranjani A

Great course.Great explanation by instructor Dev and awesome materials and examples.

Only feedback is that there was a bug in Week 2 -Quiz(networking) and took a lot of attempts to pass the quiz.Otherwise course was great.

By Doraliz H

Apr 29, 2021

This course is very complete and gives you insight from the administrative perspective needed to be successful. I like that most of the labs were optional, although they were very challenging to me. Overall great course.

By Hassan M

Jan 29, 2021

Please have more concrete examples on why we are learning the Active Directory and what can be done with it, at the very beginning of the course. Other than that, thank you for all the valuable content. I learnt a lot.

By Alex S

Aug 22, 2020

It was difficult in some aspects. More so around the tests but as per usual taking notes and watching the videos tends to help. If you aren't sure what to do or where to go, get to Googling or rewatch the videos again.

By I P S W

Mar 3, 2021

Good material for those who want to be sysadmins. For me, I gained new knowledge by completing this course. But because it is still under development, especially in practice at Qwiklab, I think I gave 4 stars first.

By Joohong L

Apr 19, 2020

I think more of those optional labs helps immensely! I think the quizzes can be longer, and maybe even some sort of implementation of mini-quizzes after every video lecture just as a more frequent check on learning.

By Esteban C

Sep 16, 2020

A whole cache of information relating to the sysadmin and IT infrastructure that is both useful and very much needed for the type of environment that anyone looking to get into IT will no doubt make good use of.

By Octavian G

May 20, 2021

The course gives good examples of tasks and problems that occur during the work as a System Administrator as well as showing some good ways of using the needed tools to work around, overcome and prevent issues.

By Silvio M F

Nov 2, 2020

Too many hours of video, could have been better distributed on hands on exercises instead of quizzes. AD sections and linux server adm were excellent but, like I said, less quizzes and more hands on please!

By Zachary E

Oct 6, 2019

Active Directory / Group Policy portion was deathly boring. I realize it isn't for everyone but beyond that it was a fairly well laid out course course that covered a wide variety of topics worth knowing.

By Chandan S

Nov 2, 2019

It's been an amazing experience, I learned many interesting and valuable things from this course like what's actually the role of IT administrator, how he/she can solve the problems. Thank you so much :)

By MD M T

Sep 15, 2020

Oops, this course was so far hard for me because I was never exposed to system administration and I have learned a lot of things through it.

Yes, I am excited for the last course to take of this program.