Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2351 - 2375 of 2,809 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Sam C

Aug 24, 2020

Very dense and technical course. Took me longer than the previous 3 to complete. Good content covered and I feel more comfortable with directories, services, and servers.

By Jens S

Jun 26, 2018

This course was quite good. Minus one star for audio quality - often there was a noticeable discrepancy between left and right channel, esp. annoying for headphone users.

By Chance D

Mar 1, 2021

My only problem was that some of the labs could of had better directions. Those labs were complicated!

In general I thought the course was very good and taught me a lot.

By Rufus F R j

For all courses in the IT Support Professional Certificate, the Text accompanying the lecture videos need to be edited (cleaned up) to comport with the lecture videos.

By Karla E J

Jul 18, 2019

Could have done a better job with the explanations. Keep it short and sweet,... I've actually had to look for resources from other sites that do a better job with this.

By Stacy G

Jun 18, 2019

Nice introduction to both open source LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory services, as well as other IT infrastructure ideas. Good presentation and useful lab exercises!

By Rosanne D

Feb 26, 2018

A good intro, but this course needs a Qwiklab to practice what we've learned. (Ideally, an ungraded one, given the rampant problems with the labs in the other courses.)

By Dmitry S

Jun 14, 2018

Sometimes it was rather boring and kind of lack practical exercises/labs, but overall is quite useful, at least it can give your suggestions on where to dig further.

By Glenn C

Jan 6, 2021

Tough but rewarding. A little more time spent on the larger lessons would have been appreciated, you turn over teaching duties to supplemental reading too often.

By MICHAEL S G T

Dec 27, 2020

I really appreciate all the knowledge that I get whit this course, i know this is going to help me to get a job in this amazing tech industry.

Thank you so much.

By Raj P

Jun 17, 2020

After I completed this course I want to share my experience to all users that it's totally Theorical course no practical. So, it is some kind of boring course.

By Naushil B K

Oct 12, 2020

The course is good but is not so much keeping up with the technology, some things explained here are now not used at all and their alternatives are available.

By Jeremy C

Jan 8, 2021

definitely harder than the others, some of it was dull but very informative. SYSAdmins have a very hard job and they deserve what they're paid for doing so

By Bijaya B

Sep 30, 2020

This was challenging, I liked the active directory and LDAP implementation part. Great work by the instructor to explain the concepts. And also great demos.

By Ruben A

Sep 20, 2019

A bit too monotone and sometimes the labs are made of complex stuff and commands never learned in the course but everything is explained while doing the lab

By Joshua B

Oct 18, 2019

Good material. The grading system was not like the last 3 courses and was filled with trick questions/answers which I found was more deterring then needed.

By Duncan K

Jun 10, 2020

Good course, a little dull in places. Some of the tasks seem to be under development. However, the content is very important for IT in a business setting.

By Bryan I

Sep 16, 2020

The course could have been a little more strict. Looking for help on the web is almost like cheating. I think you guys need to update this Certificate(s)

By Ryan L M

Sep 3, 2020

It was interesting but a bit tedious at times. I've never been a big fan of multiple-choice question quizzes, I enjoyed the labs in the last course more.

By Vera D

Jun 11, 2018

Overall it was good and useful course but sometimes instructor speaks so quickly and gives lots of material in a seconds so I hardly can to follow.

By Eduardo L

May 10, 2019

Maybe use more examples in this course. Videos were supper long. Honestly I would suggest to make it simpler to understand. To many big words. (=

By Odra I M

May 16, 2020

It was a very important course. I did not give the five star because I think need to review the Active Directory explanation and labs. Thank you

By Paige U

Jan 14, 2020

Some parts were really informative and useful. Others felt more like they were throwing so much information at you but never really defining it.

By Mouzam

Jul 3, 2020

Awesome to learn all about it from here. But include some things about the active directories.Its basically a little bit struggle for everyone.

By SHIVAM T

Jul 18, 2020

It was a good experience to learn about the the job that an System Administrator has to do and the Qwiklabs Lab made it even more exciting. :D