Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

DC

Feb 12, 2022

This is a course which I enjoyed. It gave a good insight of the learning methodologies which we have often heard of but not given due importance. Also, the brain facts is cool :) My 5/5 to this course

CS

Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

26 - 50 of 3,709 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By SIRAJUDEEN A G

Nov 23, 2021

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

By Jarvis Y

Jun 2, 2018

Lots of great information! The last assignment was pretty challenging. Make sure to include what specific action, service, or product you would recommend and why it would help solve the problem.

By Arildo R F

Jun 16, 2019

Great course! I learned a lot of new things!

By Ahmed E

May 9, 2019

Feel like this segments can be more interactive

By Dani R

Sep 10, 2020

Devon is an excellent teacher with an incredible attitude, but I do have some concerns I'd like to point: some subjects are very long, and need just more than a few video lectures to actually understand what you are doing. For example: configuring web or file servers. Those "software services" were at least for me, very difficult to grasp. There were some Qwiklabs practices, but I felt like I was introducing to the terminal random commands and executing them, instead of actually understand what they were doing, why and with which purpose. Same with DHCP and DNS configuration. That was extremely disappointing. I hate mechanization! If you, the admins of the course, need to extend the duration of this 4th course to 2 or 3 months, I'd rather do it!! instead of running in time and "learning" plenty of things, when in reality I don't know what am I doing. The active directory part was very exciting, but full of supplemental readings that were tedious and basically rabbit-holes of encyclopedic information in microsoft websites. The cool part, was that the GUI is very intuitive, so it wasn't hard to grasp the most basic concepts. The "final project" wasn't peer reviewed by ANYONE. Basically the system looked how long my response was, gave me a 100 and didn't bother to check the content. I felt alone in this experience, where I don't actually knew what I was doing. It was however a very interesting introduction, for someone who doesn't know anything from sysadmin world, but it's really heavy, and lacks guidance, information and practice. It's a very disappointing course, I don't know if this certificate reflects how much I've actually understand.

By Ievgen C

Mar 25, 2020

I`m pretty sure that guy knows a lot, but for some reason it seems like just not his thing (teaching). It was a lot easy with other instructors, even NETWORKING, which was a nightmare for me personally lol

By Mary C K

Jun 29, 2020

AS with all the courses I have taken thus far, the content is priceless, the delivery is 100% useless. As an Educator, I am insulted as I listen to the delivery of what could have been a wonderful course. What was even worse were the transcripts. Whoever typed those transcripts is in desperate need of a refresher course in basic grammar. I understand the principle of typing what was said by the Instructor but for goodness sake, the number of dangling participles, run on sentences, it gave me a BANGING headache. I did not look forward to reviewing the course material before tests in part because I had to try to "puzzle together" sentences that made absolutely no sense. Side note: I hold 2 Master's Degrees, I believe that qualifies my saying I am a very smart individual one who can read and understand any sentence given to me. In the future it may be a more cost effective strategy to invest in employees with a background in both Instructing AND Information Technology, don't just throw individuals into the deep end of the pool acting like "Instructors" and expect that the students are not going to "catch on" to the fact that their Instructor is simply an employee reading from a script, a script the employee/ i.e. Instructor may understand in principle but there is no PASSION behind the delivery of the content. Talk to me, I understand the Instructor side, I taught English for almost 30 years

By Salvador D

Dec 25, 2020

Lots to learn in such a short time, specially weeks 3 & 4. To make matters worse, there's little or non-existent hands-on practice to help really understand the overwhelming amount of rather abstract concepts thought through the course in a seemingly unorganized fashion. I am just glad is over.

By Verawan

Sep 6, 2020

After completed the course, I can learn so many things that are very beneficial for the IT support through demonstrating several effective lab assignments and quizzes along the whole course (Just confirm of your demonstration through all Labs and assignments). Now I am very much confident that I can be the effective IT support for the company!

Thank you very much to the Google team and the Coursera!

By Christopher M

Aug 24, 2019

So far, this has been my favorite of the Google IT Support Professional courses. The instructor is fun and engaging and has a gentle, knowledgeable presence on screen. The information is really useful and can be applied immediately anywhere there's a computer network to manage. I've taken tools from this course and applied them to my Help Desk role with great success. The labs in this course are also really fascinating -- you get to configure a web server, which hosts a website that you can then view online on any device for one of them, and you get to schedule a backup which you can manage on any device for another. I'm infinitely grateful that this course exists and found it so engaging that I'm seriously considering looking into SysAdmin as a next step after I move on from Help Desk work. Thank you, Google!

By Arjun p

Mar 8, 2022

Great and helped to do the course succesfully and it was intresting the process and the way the course is designed to meet the capability to understand anyone has a basic knowledge in AD,DNS and DHCP

Dec 13, 2018

Topzeira

By David D

Nov 30, 2020

The best things about this path were the first course and all of the labs. Even as somebody who has worked in IT, I was very engaged in the first course because of how it flowed and presented information in a slow enough manner to digest it. The labs were informative and facilitated hands-on learning. The absolute worst things were the "select all the right answers" style quizzes and asking people to write an essay at the end with no expectation of that at the beginning. I was tired of looking at why I got a question wrong on a practice quiz or graded assignment and seeing, "while this is true in some cases, [pedantic reason why it wasn't considered correct according to the Google course]." That leaves ample opportunity for industry professionals to discredit this certification because their real world experience conflicts with Google's subjective information. As for the design document, under no circumstances do you ask people to write something like that without a template. State testing, SATs, and English degrees don't do that so why would a free certification course where many people in it don't have English as their first language?

By Keith B

Oct 23, 2021

Interesting course but the section on Active Directory was very long and only had 1 90-minute lab (Utilizing Active Directory) that has been broken since at least 10/15 and still hasn't been fixed by qwiklabs. There should be more labs in the AD section. Why aren't there more? There were multiple video lectures lasting over 10 minutes, but other than a few quizzes, there was nothing else that helped us reinforce and apply the knowledge given in the videos. I know this course is about 4 or 5 years old now, but if you do update it, please add more labs in this section so that we can better understand how to configure Active Directory.

By Elvin M

Mar 18, 2018

Small amount of info about sysadmin's work.

By Joseph B

Jun 25, 2018

Sloppy, inconsistent content containing numerous technical mistakes. and for godsakes they link Wikipedia articles as their "Supplemental Reading" very disappointing, especially for a tech giant like google, but don't worry! every week they have a 2 minute video about diversity worship.

By Mohamed S G

Jun 3, 2020

I didn't enjoy this course, so boring. the only reason i finished it (Barely btw) is for the professional certificate. i even jumped into course 5 before finishing this and it was great

By Jonathan R

Apr 26, 2020

A good bit of repeating material from previous courses. Also, not requiring the labs makes this course very dense with lots of material and no actual application of the knowledge.

By Joshua R

Sep 9, 2020

out of the first four courses, this one was the most confusing, lost my interest, and needs to be recreated in my humble opinion.

By sheri c

Jan 9, 2021

Not enough hands on tasks

By Earnest M W

May 21, 2018

Whoa! That was intense! I was challenged on this course to not only think like an IT Sys Admin but to also be the one making decisions on how the IT Infrastructure of an organization of 100 people will be implemented and improved! Thanks so much for taking me out of my comfort zone and pushing me to think about the larger picture. I feel confident that whether I am running my own small organization or if I am in charge of one I share a common goal with that I will be prepared. Thanks to Devan for once again sharing with us his expertise in the subject and making it all make sense. Looking forward to the next one where I feel I will be challenged even more but with IT Automation maybe I can make it a little less scary.

By Michelle J

Apr 11, 2020

I gave the course 5 stars because I learned a lot from this course, but the only things I would recommend is that the system is designed to give partial credits on the Graded Assessment Test because I got several of the answers correctly but did not select one answer and it makes the entire question wrong. My score could have been significantly higher had the system gave credit for getting the part of the answer correctly that you selected.

By John N

Aug 5, 2018

This course was really cool to tie everything together some. I especially really like the final project. Really well written case studies that have different problems for each of the three companies instead of a lot of redundancy and overlap. After thinking of like 15 different ways that multiple businesses can improve, you start to realize your personal value and ability to contribute in many ways that have a real impact in a sysadmin role.

By Michael S G G

Jul 1, 2021

Excelente, intuitivo, técnico y con unos soportes muy sólidos. Una excelente apertura el mundo de la administración de sistemas, su mantenimiento y su nivel operativo y empresarial.

Encantado de aprender con Google.

By Jeffrey P

Jul 29, 2022

Excellent course! Would have preferred the week 6 project to be something big (or multiple things) in Qwiklabs rather than a writing assignment, but thought the writing assignment was still helpful.