Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

26 - 50 of 769 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Roy

Mar 08, 2019

The only complaint I have is the optional qwiklab assignments do not work. For example when trying to update and install a program from linux in the VM instances, it will not allow you to install unless you use sudo, which then asks for the password, which should be the pw generated at the start of the lab. The pw does not work, which means you cannot make it past step 1. Its frustrating, simply because I can write, write, write all of this learning material down, but get little chance to use it in a real world applications. Disappointing.

By Scott G

Mar 13, 2019

This course stepped up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the previous 3 courses, and at the end I was worried that I hadn't actually learned anything. Then, when I started the final project, I realized just how much of this I truly did learn and was able to apply to the situations they presented. I feel like the subject matter here is very dense, but this course does a great job giving a detailed overview so that it's students can understand System Administration as a whole, then delve into specifics at their want.

By John D

May 08, 2019

The course was overall great in establishing an understanding of how to manage the needs of organizations based on centralized systems. I would have liked more practice of the nitty gritty to drive home some of the processes of managing users, groups, permissions, preferences, etc. but for the sake of time I can appreciate the streamlined approach. I did really enjoy this course in it's entirety despite it being the most challenging for myself within the program.

By John N

Aug 06, 2018

This course was really cool to tie everything together some. I especially really like the final project. Really well written case studies that have different problems for each of the three companies instead of a lot of redundancy and overlap. After thinking of like 15 different ways that multiple businesses can improve, you start to realize your personal value and ability to contribute in many ways that have a real impact in a sysadmin role.

By Prithviraj S

Mar 20, 2018

It feels awesome to complete such an Informative and energy packed Course . it was pleasure learning all the system administrator fundamentals. The thought of being coached by the Fellow Googler's is Remarkable. The whole Course was Intelligently Build keeping mind all the aspects of system Administration. Hope to Grace forward the Further Courses and get the Googles IT Professional Certificate.

By Syed M S

Jan 01, 2020

That was beginner friendly to understand about System Administration and It Infrastructure for a fresher who is looking for get a job in System Admin rule and IT support . All of this topic was most important for an system administration enthusiast. This course have real life lab environment which let us practice with real life lab and help us to learn more details about the topic.

By Noel W J

Oct 26, 2019

The course was very intense. It taught me a lot about System Administrations, Network and infrastructure service, Software and platforms, Directory services, and Data recovery and backups. So much information to absorb but it was worth. This course has just given me the motivation go further and to learn as much as i can about the IT Professional. I am so excited.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provided the information I needed to centrally manage my IT Infrastructure while providing a solid understanding of the system processes that an IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining. This program didn't just give me the confidence that I could complete these tasks, it provided me with experience completing them on my own system!

By Tarun J

Jun 16, 2018

This was an excellent course and provided a great amount of info on the Infrastructure services. I really liked the final assignment which got me thinking on how to think about an organization needs in terms of IT infrastructure. Finally, a big thank to our instructor Devan Sri-Tharan for helping us learn about the different IT Infrastructure Services.

By Jackson S

Jun 12, 2018

Was a great course, really covered Active Directory and the basics of Group Policy Objects well. Would have liked to see some more depth on server operating systems and managing these services--it is a course on system administration after all. Overall a great crash course on keeping a small company or organization's IT systems up and running.

By Gayle L W

Jan 17, 2020

Wow! This course was really both challenging and informative... it covered so much about today's IT infrastructure services. I feel like I really learned a lot more in depth about the most current IT business processes and practices I previously only had a general understanding of because I haven't actually done hands-on IT for many years.

By Brock A

May 07, 2019

So much content, it was difficult to dissect it all. However, the information was great, and I loved the labs that gave good hands on practice. I would have liked to learn how to set up servers from scratch, and to build an infrastructure from the ground up, but most of those pieces were certainly present in this course.

By Joseph R G

Apr 20, 2019

The QwikLABS need better documentation in the screenshots. There is a lot of supplemental reading which makes this module the longest so far. It covered a great deal of material. Just keep pushing and you'll get through it. The labs were great once you figure out all the replications/nuances as you will learn a lot.

By Brett B

May 24, 2018

This was one of the more challenging courses for me for whatever reason. I probably feel that way because the final assignment took me awhile. Everything was explained and presented in a way that was easy for me to understand. I really feel like a more confident I.T. Support Specialist where I work currently.

Jul 16, 2018

This was the toughest part so far. Early on I coasted on my knowledge, but this was all rather new and intimidating. Linux is the hardest part for me since I have never used it. I wish I had the time and money to invest in all of these technologies, but that's why we compartmentalize and specialize I suppose.

By Darren S

Jul 09, 2018

I really enjoy system administration. I had received my B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management but I've always been a tech head. System administration is like a melding of both topics and this course allowed me to experience some of that and I appreciate that a lot. Thank you.

By Jonathan L

Sep 10, 2019

Good introductory course into sysadmin basics.

To get deeper into the course you would have to understand components of it in depth such as the Linux OS and Linux software.

Overall however it does give you a place to start. If you are in IT this is one way to push yourself and move upward.

By Ronan S A M G

Sep 19, 2019

There a lot of information that I recover for this course along with supplemental reading that you provide it. Now, I know what responsibility that sysadmin must do. It gives the great impact for the large and small company. Really appreciate this knowledge. Thank you Devan Sri-Tharan.

By Tatiana P

May 16, 2019

Ayurveda wisdom meets western encapsulated web cluster... those labs added to Course-4 are a true masterpiece and should be somehow laminated in 3D

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Michael G

Jan 20, 2020

A lot of hands-on with assignments with Services, and those are definetely good skills to have. Really cool stuff. I'd love if there would be more pracice with cloud resources. Thanks for the great experience

P.S.: The questions in the graded quizes are sometimes very unclear

By Daniel K

Nov 05, 2019

Overall, very good. There are many take aways for me personally. Especially on active directory. My only suggestion is the AD section. Some of it can be long. I think if it was broken down into smaller sections. But then again, a cup of coffee might have changed things.

By Kevin M K M

Apr 23, 2018

This course covers a lot in terms of system Admin, I wish there were labs to test out Directory Services implementation. Overall a worthwhile course for aspiring and practicing IT admin, you will pick up plenty of tools to help you manage your day to day IT infrastructure.

By Zakhar P

Sep 10, 2018

I like this course particularly, because going through assignment I have learned lots of new things. The teaching was massive stream of IT infrastructure services. Sometimes , I would wish it could be more metaphorically described , not just lavishly nerdy descriptive

By Gamaliel V

Mar 13, 2018

The topics, services and protocols are the knowledge bases and the tools that you should use as a systems administrator.

The course in general really liked a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive this course represented by a company in the Google category.

By MD F S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course and lot of new and important things to learn about the important role system administrator play in an organisation. Thanks to the tutor as he is really excellent at explaining things and teaching quality or contents are just absolutely marvellous.