Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

126 - 150 of 1,134 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Christian R

Mar 06, 2019

Really good course but I wish you could teach on how to troubleshoot a DNS or DHCP server in Window environment also I would like to have learned how to install and configure a LDAP server.

By Ralph A W

Apr 25, 2020

The last page says course 4 of 6 but the actual certificate only has 5 courses, not 6. "You've successfully completed Course 4 of 6: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services"

By Kyle H

Aug 04, 2019

I really enjoy the AD sections, I wish there was more hands on with exercises in this course. More focus on VM environment would have been great to see, but overall an excellent course!

By Philip A

Sep 18, 2018

It is an amazing opportunity to offer professional advice as the tasks are real cases but the names of the organisations are fictitious. It helps me to improve my consultation skills.

By Jennifer D C

May 03, 2018

Instructor was very informative while making the material very accessible and approachable to learn. Learned a lot about what system administration and IT infrastructure services are.

By Forrest F

Dec 30, 2019

It was definitely harder than the others but it was really rewarding even though I got a lower grade than the others so far. I am looking forward to the final course for IT Security!

By Johanna M

May 27, 2019

I found this course relevant from a hands-on learning perspective. It covered a LOT of material but the labs and final project helped reinforce the real-life assessment situations.

By Iona G

Jul 11, 2018

One of the best courses in this specialization. Assessment is thorough, but not frustrating (no qwiklabs yay). I feel like I can use the knowledge I learned here in my future career.

By Khin H

Nov 04, 2019

Growing and polishing my career and very flex time frame to learn just like me working full time, looking and excel my next step of career, price is comfortable to get certificate.

By Heidi H

May 03, 2020

This was a very interesting and informative course. It gave me good background information and explained many things that I had heard before but never really understood until now.

By Alicia C

Apr 05, 2020

Really outstanding course that provided true hands-on learning in the sorts of things I know we need in every IT team I've ever worked in. Really impressive!! Thank you Google! :)

By Yin M K

Feb 18, 2020

Very excited learned about what IT infrastructure serves and how to administrate the system, Love it. I passionate to recommend that try to get these certificate for new career.

By Filip M

Aug 04, 2018

The course was harder then a previous courses but very interesting and brought me a lot of knowledge. I had to submit my final work twice to pass but it was worth it. Thank you!

By Nikolas T

May 10, 2019

Lots of information to cover related to system administration and IT infrastructure. I especially liked learning about managing Active Directory and IT Infrastructure Services.

By Grayland C K J

Jul 12, 2018

I really got a sense of what is expected out of a Systems Administrator. I especially learned about the pros and cons of Cloud computing in relation to Managing data on site.

By John M

May 28, 2018

A large amount of information was presented. I liked the concept that the role may be a one person IT Department and the need to know a broad knowledge base presented nicely.

By Taylor J

Jul 23, 2019

There was a lot of information in this section and it was challenging but I learned a lot and I feel more comfortable knowing exactly what a sysadmin does on a daily basis.

By SHANKER S C

Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for proving me platform learning too much knowledge of System administration and IT infrastructure services, , and now i can add my technical skills & bio data .

By Luis M M C F

Jul 13, 2018

Excelente un paso más en mi aventura de aprendizaje en el mundo de las Tecnologías de la Información ---Excelent another step further in learning adventure in the IT World

By Rocco R

Jun 27, 2019

Working with Virtual Machines was a lot of fun and where I learned the most. I just wish Qwiklabs were better at recognizing when tasks have been successfully completed.

By Girma C

Feb 14, 2019

It's a great course covering all parts of IT infrastructure and the Instructor was knowledgeable and knows how to explain things in an understandable way.

Girma,

By Ty'Shad S

Sep 24, 2018

This Course Has Aided In Me Learning Key Values To Further Enhance My Knowledge In The IT Field. The Material Learned Is Greatly Beneficial & I'm Glad To Have Taken It.

By john j

May 03, 2019

excellent course but the hands-on labs are buggies and even if I did it correctly still failed or got 50% and had to do it several times before it recorded accurately.

By Mary Y W

This course helped me to learn and understand system administration. I know more now about Active Directory then I did previously. I can't wait to practice using it.

By Daniel

Apr 19, 2020

There is so much information in this course. You really learn about why a lot of things are set up, and is a great introduction if you have never been exposed to AD.