Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

101 - 125 of 2,317 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Syed M S

Jan 1, 2020

That was beginner friendly to understand about System Administration and It Infrastructure for a fresher who is looking for get a job in System Admin rule and IT support . All of this topic was most important for an system administration enthusiast. This course have real life lab environment which let us practice with real life lab and help us to learn more details about the topic.

By emilio r

Dec 1, 2020

wow! really really amazing! it covers all if not most of the fields and lets you know where to go on to get more in-deep solutions for your current need to learn. it really blankets the IT field, and in an honest way this course and its instructor lets you know that things are not easy, but you can do something about it...learn how to tackle them with knowledge and perseverance.

By Brayan R C

Jun 6, 2020

Exellent Course, All IT organizations in the world shoud take this course into consideration, even more that the comptia a +, as an entry IT level course for me this is better by far than some others there, this is really good for beguinners and people starting in IT and looking forward to get an IT job, its helping me, GOOGLE and COURSERA are making a perfect combination.

By Mark E

Jul 15, 2020

I would have like week 6 to possibly have been completely focused on a hands on project even by being walked through it step by step. The first 5 weeks could easily have stayed the same but eliminate the Qwiklabs and then save week 6 for a step by step walk through of what its like to set up a Active Directory Server utilising knowledge and skills from the prior 5 weeks.

By Rabindra K B

Aug 11, 2020

This is an excellent course as part of the IT Support Professional Certificate program. This has really helped me in refreshing and further enhancing my technical skills. The instructors are great with explaining the technical details, providing real time scenarios and sharing experiences. Many Thanks for this great platform of learning and skill development. Kudos !!

By David L

This course by far, was the most INTERESTING COURSE in this entire set. When I first started all I wanted to be was a Help Desk, Now I want to switch it up and become a System Administrator. I loved this course, and I hope this course never goes away. To the newbies, this course is a total blast, and hey you might change what you want to be also. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

By Noel W J

Oct 25, 2019

The course was very intense. It taught me a lot about System Administrations, Network and infrastructure service, Software and platforms, Directory services, and Data recovery and backups. So much information to absorb but it was worth. This course has just given me the motivation go further and to learn as much as i can about the IT Professional. I am so excited.

By Jolly J Y J K

Jul 15, 2020

System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services was my best subject to learn. The contents were perfect and I wish I get hands-on training too by joining a company Like Google, IBM, or any company similar. I am still reviewing the contents I learned so far. I thank Coursera and Google for making easier learning and taking technology to a higher level.

By John B M

Mar 14, 2018

This course provided the information I needed to centrally manage my IT Infrastructure while providing a solid understanding of the system processes that an IT Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining. This program didn't just give me the confidence that I could complete these tasks, it provided me with experience completing them on my own system!

By Tarun J

Jun 16, 2018

This was an excellent course and provided a great amount of info on the Infrastructure services. I really liked the final assignment which got me thinking on how to think about an organization needs in terms of IT infrastructure. Finally, a big thank to our instructor Devan Sri-Tharan for helping us learn about the different IT Infrastructure Services.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course was very new to me, When it comes to Active Directory policy creation and usage. But this course really did break it down and it was challenging . I do feel like this part of the course is extremely valuable, Most high level IT Positions rely on active directory services. So i do appreciate that this course has added this in.

By Tyler D

Dec 23, 2020

This course gave a basic but detailed overview into the daily workings and actions of a Sys Admin.

It was enjoyable but I think more hands on learning would benefit this section of the course rather than mostly videos and quizzes. I struggled the hardest with this section as it is very tedious and super situational events.

Great info nonetheless!!

By Andria

Oct 21, 2020

Lots of material in this course! I got a little bogged down with the directory services stuff and decided the easiest way to understand and remember it was to install it and use it, which worked like a charm. There is quite a lot covered in this section of the course and I feel like I learned a lot of new stuff without it getting repetitive.

By Jackson S

Jun 12, 2018

Was a great course, really covered Active Directory and the basics of Group Policy Objects well. Would have liked to see some more depth on server operating systems and managing these services--it is a course on system administration after all. Overall a great crash course on keeping a small company or organization's IT systems up and running.

By Gayle L W

Jan 16, 2020

Wow! This course was really both challenging and informative... it covered so much about today's IT infrastructure services. I feel like I really learned a lot more in depth about the most current IT business processes and practices I previously only had a general understanding of because I haven't actually done hands-on IT for many years.

By Chan S C

Sep 30, 2020

I did not think that I was able to get through the Active Directory tests and was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get 80% and 100% respectively. Quite difficult to understand but somehow do-able. This course allows me to see the importance of having a competent system administrator within an organisation for it to function optimally.

By Rhenado S B

Aug 22, 2020

This course gives a step by step guide in using a directory service such as Active directory for centralized management, It also went though the implementation of using group policies to control access for both users and computers. Finally using a backup solution to effectively back up critical servers and files for business continuity.

By Nishant K G

Apr 29, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about System Administration, but after completing this course I feel like I know about System Administration now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on System Administration.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Andrew L

Dec 7, 2020

This course really digs deep into some high-level topics; the information is laid out clearly and is broken down into digestible chunks. The Qwiklabs portion of the course is a beneficial hands-on experience with simulated work environments. This is a wonderful course that will really help deepen your knowledge of IT infrastructure.

By Mario E

Feb 27, 2020

Curso muy interesante para saber el alcance de un administrador de sistemas y todas sus funciones, desde elegir el tipo de almacenamiento de ficheros, configurar el servidor de correo electrónico, mantener el directorio activo o ser capaz de generar las copias de seguridad y los métodos de recuperación de datos en caso de desastre.

By SOURAV D S

Oct 1, 2020

The instructor was so nice to learn. its our good opportunity to learn this course & heartiest thanks to the instructor for providing your valuable times. thank you

To learn about basic things of the course. This course helped me a lot.

Yeah, i love this course and the instructors also, without them we could not make it. Thank you

By Thomas M

Sep 16, 2020

This was the most theoretical course in this Professional Certificate, but beside a deep dive in services, I felt it brought everything from the previous courses together very nicely. Overall this is as good as it gets when it comes to online courses, just as well structured, informative and well delivered as the previous ones.

By Lloyd W

Jun 13, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to learn about system Administration in two weeks. Since I am at home because of pandemic , it was a good time for me to learn a new skill, and brush up my old skills. Google System Administration course was a great course and I highly recommended to everyone at home because of pandemic.

By Brock A

May 7, 2019

So much content, it was difficult to dissect it all. However, the information was great, and I loved the labs that gave good hands on practice. I would have liked to learn how to set up servers from scratch, and to build an infrastructure from the ground up, but most of those pieces were certainly present in this course.

By glen j

Jan 20, 2021

My favorite course so far, the Final Exam is stressful, but so rewarding. It allowed me to be so creative in finding solutions to complex problems which will arise everyday, wherever you choose to work. Problems will always change so our solutions will need new creative approaches in order to adapt to newer technologies