Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services, Google

About this Course

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization. ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers. ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization. ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP. ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use. ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster. ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments....

By AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

By EM

Jul 26, 2018

THIS was the course I was waiting for! I feel like this gets into the true heart of what it means to be an IT specialist. I loved learning about Virtualization, Backups, Active Directories, etc.

410 Reviews

By Alix Massocchi

Mar 18, 2019

Let down by the constant issues with the Qwiklabs environment. Aside from that issue, good.

By buck narly

Mar 18, 2019

Good technical substance. Instructor presented well

By Darryl Bodkin

Mar 18, 2019

Well organized course. Thank you.

By Elsa Popov

Mar 17, 2019

Really enjoyed this course! Learnt a lot about systems administration and IT generally.

By Elias Papachristos

Mar 14, 2019

It's a great course! The only thing that isn't so good for me is the final project. You'll have to wait for someone (another student) to view and grade your project. And this takes some days!

By Sunmark Salmon Balendram

Mar 14, 2019

Feel should have Qwiklabs to try out AD and group policy

By Steven D Smith

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent course. The only improvements I'd like to see are more difficult homework assignments and quizzes, and more hands-on homework. Otherwise, it's a great course, thanks so much!

By Scott Gardner

Mar 13, 2019

This course stepped up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the previous 3 courses, and at the end I was worried that I hadn't actually learned anything. Then, when I started the final project, I realized just how much of this I truly did learn and was able to apply to the situations they presented. I feel like the subject matter here is very dense, but this course does a great job giving a detailed overview so that it's students can understand System Administration as a whole, then delve into specifics at their want.

By Mohammad Sherindil

Mar 12, 2019

we didn't have enough labs and a couple of them didn't even work. we need to have a virtual server through coursera with full access to practice as much as we could, but we didn't have it so this is the reason I am not happy.

By Sergii Fomenko

Mar 12, 2019

Very informative course! I really liked final graded assessment, made me think a little:) thank you Google !