Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

1 - 25 of 776 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Sameer J

Jul 08, 2018

This is a great course! Very informative and right tools are explained for a SysAdmin job. This might give you a kick start for a comprehensive study drive required for a dedicated job capacity.

By ASHFAQ A M K

Dec 14, 2018

By Jonathan E

Mar 22, 2018

I really hate giving this 3 stars because it is actually filled with a lot of material however I do feel like there was room to include more videos in substitution and/or as a supplement to the supplemental readings.

Since I have experience in the field already it is not an issue for me to follow, but I feel if someone who has no experience in this field quiklabs and more videos would really help steer them on the right track.

Regardless, the policies and procedures that we're described will help develop a great culture for sysadmins. I've been in many environments where there wasn't a formal disaster recovery plan, hardware lifecycle, etc. this was very detailed and some of this information can also be applied on the business side as well very valuable.

By Emmanuelle M

Jul 26, 2018

THIS was the course I was waiting for! I feel like this gets into the true heart of what it means to be an IT specialist. I loved learning about Virtualization, Backups, Active Directories, etc.

By João P d S S J

Dec 13, 2018

Topzeira

By Evgeny M

Jun 17, 2018

Very theoretical. Need more practical challenges.

By Che V F

Jun 28, 2018

The promise you upon completion you will be given the option to advertise your certificate to various companies. That is not true. I finished and got the certificate after completing all the 6 courses for about 5months. There is no option to make your certificates accessible to the suppose companies folks. It is a goose chase. Don't fall for it

By Christopher M

Aug 25, 2019

So far, this has been my favorite of the Google IT Support Professional courses. The instructor is fun and engaging and has a gentle, knowledgeable presence on screen. The information is really useful and can be applied immediately anywhere there's a computer network to manage. I've taken tools from this course and applied them to my Help Desk role with great success. The labs in this course are also really fascinating -- you get to configure a web server, which hosts a website that you can then view online on any device for one of them, and you get to schedule a backup which you can manage on any device for another. I'm infinitely grateful that this course exists and found it so engaging that I'm seriously considering looking into SysAdmin as a next step after I move on from Help Desk work. Thank you, Google!

By Earnest M W

May 21, 2018

Whoa! That was intense! I was challenged on this course to not only think like an IT Sys Admin but to also be the one making decisions on how the IT Infrastructure of an organization of 100 people will be implemented and improved! Thanks so much for taking me out of my comfort zone and pushing me to think about the larger picture. I feel confident that whether I am running my own small organization or if I am in charge of one I share a common goal with that I will be prepared. Thanks to Devan for once again sharing with us his expertise in the subject and making it all make sense. Looking forward to the next one where I feel I will be challenged even more but with IT Automation maybe I can make it a little less scary.

By Destiny Y

Nov 17, 2019

I just cannot thank Google and Coursera enough for this opportunity. This particular module of the entire Google IT Programme really kindled my curiosity to learn more using this path. Thank you.

By Jarvis Y

Jun 03, 2018

Lots of great information! The last assignment was pretty challenging. Make sure to include what specific action, service, or product you would recommend and why it would help solve the problem.

By Alexandre d T C

Jan 01, 2019

Great teachers, great content, theory and practice aligned, A++

By Andrew E

Jul 22, 2019

This course has taught me alot about IT security!

By Arildo R F

Jun 16, 2019

Great course! I learned a lot of new things!

By sebin s p

Aug 21, 2018

Loved this course but the presence of lot of technical terms and lack of hands on experience made this course difficult to pursue.

By Chris L

Oct 22, 2018

This course is good, but it relies too much on the supplemental readings.

By Kelly S

Mar 22, 2018

Some of the information is good, but the labs in the courses are broken for the most part. Support is very slow and hard to understand - English is a second language for many of the staff. The whole certification should be put on hold until the labs and other problems are fixed.

By Alexander J

Jul 26, 2018

Way too many rabbit holes of information. I could take the topics and run with it but then what would be the point of a course? Videos just go over things, shallow in some areas, a little too deep in other areas. Content became a strain.

By Elvin M

Mar 19, 2018

Small amount of info about sysadmin's work.

By William C

May 27, 2018

The instructor was very difficult to understand and follow. Difficult to decipher what content is most important and what is not while only touching on some of the more important issues and leaving them up to the student to figure it out via additional reading and rambling on about lesser important items.

By Joseph B

Jun 25, 2018

Sloppy, inconsistent content containing numerous technical mistakes. and for godsakes they link Wikipedia articles as their "Supplemental Reading" very disappointing, especially for a tech giant like google, but don't worry! every week they have a 2 minute video about diversity worship.

By Hank H

May 14, 2018

Far too basic. Needed some hands on labs as the previous courses had. Many of the topics cover, backups for example, felt like solutions you might give a home user rather than what you would use in a small business environment.

By N. J M

Apr 25, 2018

instructor talks way to fast, making it difficult to understand.

By John L M

Oct 16, 2019

Up, to, and through the System Administration course for Google IT, I feel it uses a methodical approach that ties it all in together in the System Administration part of the course, which is what I was hoping for as well as expecting it. I have been a formal professional in this field for 3 years at this point of the journey, and seeing how all of it ties in together has been both fascinating and enlightening. Working as a Lvl. I BaaS Admin support, I can see now, I even more comfortable I've become working in the Linux environment, oftentimes working in both Windows and Linux in tandem with one another, which was something I had started implementing naturally while working as an IT Support for UNC. It just made sense to me, then to see that I was going in the right direction, as the Linux Subsystem in Windows gained traction, and observing how the OS environments come together, I'm proud, I'm even more intrigued, and very excited in continuing to grow with and in learning these new technologies. I treated myself to paying for and investing this certification into myself. I am so happy I did!

By DeAnna M H

Jun 23, 2019

This is an amazing course. It will teach you so much on how SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS (and other infrastructures) work. The videos are simple, yet complex and to the point! The instructor is well knowledge and focuses on you learning. Some of the labs and test are challenging, and they don't go much to your overall grade, but DO THEM!!! You will learn from them. Especially from the Linux-based ones. Even though I'm in another course, I'm gonna go back and re-do the labs here just to make sure I completely understand the information. I recommend this class to everyone who needs a complete understanding of how cloud-based infrastructures work.