Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

51 - 75 of 776 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Maria A A

Aug 16, 2018

It is a deep course of course, however I´ve learned a lot! I intend to study more because I think IT administration is a very intereting subject! I want to learn more in a practical way! Well, I think I could work as a trainee at any company! Thanks all team!

By ERIC A B

Nov 27, 2019

Great course, the lessons and video were very interactive and it gives you hands-on lab experience depicting real life scenarios. I have been able to acquire some skills in directory services, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) and Backup Systems.

By Timothy W

Feb 24, 2019

The course took a very practical approach to the System Administration job and the sort of activities you can expect if you were in that position. I thought that the Supplemental Reading was very instructive and actually integral to the course overall.

By YASH P S

Mar 06, 2018

Very comprehensive course at this level for a beginner. Learned lot of things and started to see things in perspective of an IT organization. Section on Active Directory was center piece of the course.

Hats off to the course creators, Google & Coursera.

By Steven C

May 09, 2019

This course allowed me to really peek behind the curtain and see just how sysadmins maintain large scale networks for organizations. From servers to DNS, DCHP, and directory services, it was all very interesting information that made you want to learn.

By Albert J A

Apr 13, 2019

Impressive array of topics arranged to organize IT infrastructure into functional areas, with ideas for improving security, saving money, increasing functionality, and avoiding problems. Great hands on lab experiences. Challenging but fun. Thanks!

By Sébastien L

Jan 07, 2019

Great content, great instructor. I personally didn't enjoy some lengthy parts about Active Directory as I'm sure I won't be dealing much with those features of the Windows OS in my career, but the concepts are interesting and useful nonetheless.

By Filip J

Mar 20, 2018

This course was great. Everything learned was right in place but in the end I had a feeling that there should be covered more fields. But this course is huge and it is hard to expect that everything can be covered. Great job on this one Google.

By Jean P D

Nov 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course it has brought a lot in my professional life and especially in the field that I am improving that is the informative. I say a big thank you to the instructor and for these very valuable explanations. Thank you...

By James F

Nov 10, 2019

There was some missing "Supplemental readings", but all in all, this was a good course. I found it more difficult than others as it touched base on items that i was not able to setup and work with during this course, like Active Directory.

By Teddy E

Sep 04, 2018

The final project helped me synthesize and reinforce my learning. As a Learning Consultant, I'd highly recommend that your team continue to use this type of learning project at the end of each module or the course.

Thanks a million!

Teddy

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By LaDwana P

Jul 19, 2018

This was by far the most informative and interesting course. I am struggling with retaining a lot of the info but I am determined to push through. I have learned so much and can not wait to have hands on opportunities in this field.

By Pavel M

Feb 01, 2018

It's a great course for those starting their career as system administrator or just want to know what exactly sysadmin's role is. It covers almost all common things system administrator do and describes sysadmin responsibilities.

By Jesus C

Dec 10, 2019

Learned how to establish and how to properly implement A proper IT Infrastructure along with the process and procedures that come with working as a System administrator. Wonderful Unit Loved the the part with Active Directory.

By Sterling H

Jun 25, 2019

Wow I learned a lot about systems administration and IT infrastructure. It is challenging sometimes and some topics require additional studying but I do feel more confident about advancing a career in information technology.

By Samiur R

Apr 25, 2018

Really great course. Instructor covered diverse topic that will help in the job. I really loved this program. I hope enthusiast future SysAdmin of the future would enroll this course and learn valuable knowledge. Thank you.

By Michael B

Aug 15, 2019

Excelling course covering a lot of fundamental skills of a sysadmin. The labs in this course give great hands-on experience and are very well thought out. The instructor does a great job of presenting the course content.

By Edyta S

Jul 09, 2018

Informative module with well explained core tasks of Sysadmin. The teacher for this module well presented each lesson, and event though I found lessons about Active Directory difficult I liked the way it was presented.

By Kyle M

Apr 05, 2018

Great Course. I would really prefer if the Instructors would delve into the instresting stuff, instead of "chec it out in the next supplemental reading"....gets old after a while.

Other than that - I am very pleased!

By Jason S

Apr 12, 2018

Great course. I really enjoyed learning about the skills required to keep an organization running from a technological perspective. I learned some valuable skills that will allow me to pursue this position.

By Aaron M H

Dec 27, 2019

An excellent course that provides a rigorous overview of the day and the life of a sysadmin and all of the many components a sysadmin must think about and rely on in maintaining the company infrastructure

By Rohit B

Feb 16, 2019

Thank you so much, Coursera team to introduce this program. I've learned a lot about IT world, how it works, it's functionality and how can one get start their career in it. Thank you so much, once again.

By Jeremy B

Feb 10, 2019

It was good. A lot of information, but just the basics of each. IF everyone took each piece of information here and studied further, they would be System Administration "leaders". Good capstone course.