Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

51 - 75 of 3,051 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Taneem U R

Apr 29, 2020

Course quiz has errors which must be resolved. It took me several days to get done with week 2 quiz "Networking Services". I even complete my whole course and wasn't able to pass that. Today I passed it with 100% and I have no idea how...

By Bradley C

Jul 31, 2020

Video text is often written wrong and doesn't match up with the timing of the audio, giving the course a scrambled feeling.

By Jacob D

Pretty good

By David D

Nov 30, 2020

The best things about this path were the first course and all of the labs. Even as somebody who has worked in IT, I was very engaged in the first course because of how it flowed and presented information in a slow enough manner to digest it. The labs were informative and facilitated hands-on learning. The absolute worst things were the "select all the right answers" style quizzes and asking people to write an essay at the end with no expectation of that at the beginning. I was tired of looking at why I got a question wrong on a practice quiz or graded assignment and seeing, "while this is true in some cases, [pedantic reason why it wasn't considered correct according to the Google course]." That leaves ample opportunity for industry professionals to discredit this certification because their real world experience conflicts with Google's subjective information. As for the design document, under no circumstances do you ask people to write something like that without a template. State testing, SATs, and English degrees don't do that so why would a free certification course where many people in it don't have English as their first language?

By Cynthia M

Aug 10, 2019

A very good course and overview of System Administration. I gave it 3 stars because the final project is peer-reviewed and it would be more beneficial to have input from the instructor or actual sysadmin especially since my classmate's background range from beginner to advanced. I had to submit my project twice and didn't update or change anything because there was miscommunication based on my peer's location. My peer did not understand that the term vendors mean supplies and thought I was trying to outsource my work. Very frustrating. My suggestion if you are truly thinking of becoming a sysadmin try to find one in your area to go over this last project with you regardless of your peers comments whether good of bad.

By Francis L

Nov 30, 2020

This was a great course but it ran some concepts that were closer to the realm of common knowledge and did not seem to give a lot of insight on the Sysadmin role. But then it went totally technical and would throw lots of working programs that you have to figure out in a frustrating manner. The hard part of this module was not in the difficulty of the assessments but the gap between the explanations on the videos and then doing the actual work. All in all the most difficult but still manageable. Do pay extra attention and take lots of notes on this one!

By Samuel A

Nov 22, 2019

You can learn more information about this course in the supplemental readings.

By Brian P

Nov 5, 2019

This particular course has been the hardest to get through of the bunch, and not because the material is difficult, but because I basically went to Wikipedia for all of the content. The videos simply mention items you then need to research or learn on your own in most cases. I'm fine with self-paced learning, but it made for a waste of time in watching videos, and Wikipedia articles do not give great examples of the services in action.

By Boruch S

Sep 2, 2020

The part about AD is very disorganised to anyone with basic knowledge and the labs are also too long and convoluted. On the whole the course is informative but being that there is so much info that many people will not have familiarity with it is too disorganised and complex. Perhaps a clearer textbook style text would help organise the new concepts in the mind

By Gerardo S

Aug 29, 2020

SO I pay to see a random guy talk almost all the course. ITs not interactive, no videos, no demonstrations., just talk bla bla bla. Please improve a LOT

By Rachel H

Feb 18, 2020

Most of the labs did not work. This was very disappointing. The tests also had wrong answers marked as right.

Even the link to the survey doesn't work

By Moises F

Aug 24, 2019

Many spelling errors, the videos don't show what they are talking about. The labs are sometimes very confusing.

By Aniket Z

Aug 1, 2020

lots of supllimental reading,else the course is ok

By Mikey B

Jul 28, 2020

This class needs a quality inspection review from Google. It feels like a rough draft of an assignment you turn in early without proof reading. There are multiple errors in the Qwiklab assignments. There are so many errors and problems with Qwiklab that they made them optional so you automatically get 100%. I found dead links presented, and a Qwiklab that covers something not covered till later in the course, the teacher is reading from a teleprompter without explaining certain terms or showing on the screen, and there is a supplemental reading that is for Windows 2000 which isn't used anymore. Also a lot of the lectures are "check out the supplemental reading." I've taken the previous 3 classes without a problem, and this is the first time I've had to put in multiple problem tickets. I expected more from Google.

By Joseph B

Jun 25, 2018

Sloppy, inconsistent content containing numerous technical mistakes. and for godsakes they link Wikipedia articles as their "Supplemental Reading" very disappointing, especially for a tech giant like google, but don't worry! every week they have a 2 minute video about diversity worship.

By Mohamed S G

Jun 3, 2020

I didn't enjoy this course, so boring. the only reason i finished it (Barely btw) is for the professional certificate. i even jumped into course 5 before finishing this and it was great

By Jonathan R

Apr 26, 2020

A good bit of repeating material from previous courses. Also, not requiring the labs makes this course very dense with lots of material and no actual application of the knowledge.

By Joshua R

Sep 9, 2020

out of the first four courses, this one was the most confusing, lost my interest, and needs to be recreated in my humble opinion.

By Nikea N

Quiz was given before material was taught. Please look at the order of the lessons and requirements.

By Pavel R

i

mental disabilities.

By N. J M

Apr 25, 2018

instructor talks way to fast, making it difficult to understand.

By Nandini P

Jun 11, 2020

It was an amazing course prophecy by Devan Sir. I humbly thank such an interactive session on roles to responsibilties to the system functioning, Communication channelising, deploying devices over a network and procuring data services data domains to backing and restoring the data system, it was a full fledged course on SysAdmin And IT services and its functionalities.

Learning from my mistakes and experimenting things is something that gets me in it and that is when I thought to make career in it. Mistakes will be made because you are human after all.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life

Such is true in IT specialist. I had a better understanding of the responsibilities of a sysadmin and how closely they relate to the work of an IT support specialist. Just by digging in there, rolling up my sleeves, and tackling it head on. And not being scared off by whatever stood in front of me.

Being in this field, pushing myself in technology, continuing to deal with the challenges and overcoming them, continuing to grow and learn, this has helped me with the little technologists that I am and the kind of set the course for us in what they see us doing in the future.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life. Things are not easy.

They are difficult.

But hard work pays off, and

it clearly shows that you've put your hard work to get here.

By John M

Oct 16, 2019

Up, to, and through the System Administration course for Google IT, I feel it uses a methodical approach that ties it all in together in the System Administration part of the course, which is what I was hoping for as well as expecting it. I have been a formal professional in this field for 3 years at this point of the journey, and seeing how all of it ties in together has been both fascinating and enlightening. Working as a Lvl. I BaaS Admin support, I can see now, I even more comfortable I've become working in the Linux environment, oftentimes working in both Windows and Linux in tandem with one another, which was something I had started implementing naturally while working as an IT Support for UNC. It just made sense to me, then to see that I was going in the right direction, as the Linux Subsystem in Windows gained traction, and observing how the OS environments come together, I'm proud, I'm even more intrigued, and very excited in continuing to grow with and in learning these new technologies. I treated myself to paying for and investing this certification into myself. I am so happy I did!

By Carolyn O

Jan 31, 2021

This has been a great program. I really appreciate Google putting it together. All of the instructors have been a joy to watch and listen to. Even some chuckles! It's been put together, and presented, excellently.

My only complaint is the Qwiklabs. They are a great learning and practice experience. However, they are too short. I try hard to get through the tasks, following the instructions, to beat the clock...there's really not enough time to absorb what we are doing. The last one was funny, when it said "take a moment and look around". I'm thinking "really?, who has time for that?" I appreciate that the last few labs were optional. It was nearly impossible to complete them in the required amount of time. I couldn't afford to do them multiple times.

By Mallareddy T

Sep 26, 2020

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliablecomputers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’lldeep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage andconfigure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s ITinfrastructure in the event of a disaster.