Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

AK

Dec 14, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

51 - 75 of 882 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Brett B

May 24, 2018

This was one of the more challenging courses for me for whatever reason. I probably feel that way because the final assignment took me awhile. Everything was explained and presented in a way that was easy for me to understand. I really feel like a more confident I.T. Support Specialist where I work currently.

Jul 16, 2018

This was the toughest part so far. Early on I coasted on my knowledge, but this was all rather new and intimidating. Linux is the hardest part for me since I have never used it. I wish I had the time and money to invest in all of these technologies, but that's why we compartmentalize and specialize I suppose.

By Darren S

Jul 09, 2018

I really enjoy system administration. I had received my B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management but I've always been a tech head. System administration is like a melding of both topics and this course allowed me to experience some of that and I appreciate that a lot. Thank you.

By Jonathan L

Sep 10, 2019

Good introductory course into sysadmin basics.

To get deeper into the course you would have to understand components of it in depth such as the Linux OS and Linux software.

Overall however it does give you a place to start. If you are in IT this is one way to push yourself and move upward.

By Ronan S A M G

Sep 19, 2019

There a lot of information that I recover for this course along with supplemental reading that you provide it. Now, I know what responsibility that sysadmin must do. It gives the great impact for the large and small company. Really appreciate this knowledge. Thank you Devan Sri-Tharan.

By Anthony R

Feb 13, 2020

Genuinely a very helpful and insightful course. There's a lot of great opportunities to be had as a SysAdmin and this course helps you get your foot in the door and orients you on the right path. I highly recommend it to anyone just starting out or even those looking for a refresher.

By Tatiana P

May 16, 2019

Ayurveda wisdom meets western encapsulated web cluster... those labs added to Course-4 are a true masterpiece and should be somehow laminated in 3D

Hats off to Google's fun+mental team for "deep diving" into rock solid 6 weeks of System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Michael G

Jan 20, 2020

A lot of hands-on with assignments with Services, and those are definetely good skills to have. Really cool stuff. I'd love if there would be more pracice with cloud resources. Thanks for the great experience

P.S.: The questions in the graded quizes are sometimes very unclear

By Daniel K

Nov 05, 2019

Overall, very good. There are many take aways for me personally. Especially on active directory. My only suggestion is the AD section. Some of it can be long. I think if it was broken down into smaller sections. But then again, a cup of coffee might have changed things.

By Kevin M K M

Apr 23, 2018

This course covers a lot in terms of system Admin, I wish there were labs to test out Directory Services implementation. Overall a worthwhile course for aspiring and practicing IT admin, you will pick up plenty of tools to help you manage your day to day IT infrastructure.

By Zakhar P

Sep 10, 2018

I like this course particularly, because going through assignment I have learned lots of new things. The teaching was massive stream of IT infrastructure services. Sometimes , I would wish it could be more metaphorically described , not just lavishly nerdy descriptive

By Gamaliel V

Mar 13, 2018

The topics, services and protocols are the knowledge bases and the tools that you should use as a systems administrator.

The course in general really liked a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive this course represented by a company in the Google category.

By Harol A C C

Mar 31, 2020

Muy buen curso con excelente material didáctico, adicionalmente considero que el esquema de evaluación permite que uno realmente estudie cada tema a conciencia, sin embargo pienso que deberían haber a lo largo del curso más evaluaciones del tipo del proyecto final.

By MD F S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course and lot of new and important things to learn about the important role system administrator play in an organisation. Thanks to the tutor as he is really excellent at explaining things and teaching quality or contents are just absolutely marvellous.

By Maria A A

Aug 16, 2018

It is a deep course of course, however I´ve learned a lot! I intend to study more because I think IT administration is a very intereting subject! I want to learn more in a practical way! Well, I think I could work as a trainee at any company! Thanks all team!

By Albert C U

Mar 15, 2020

This is a very highly drilling course; I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to take a career in IT Support and System administration.

The Qwiklab demonstrations are like real life situations....

Cool Course.

Much thanks to Google and Coursera!!!

By ERIC A B

Nov 27, 2019

Great course, the lessons and video were very interactive and it gives you hands-on lab experience depicting real life scenarios. I have been able to acquire some skills in directory services, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) and Backup Systems.

By Timothy W

Feb 24, 2019

The course took a very practical approach to the System Administration job and the sort of activities you can expect if you were in that position. I thought that the Supplemental Reading was very instructive and actually integral to the course overall.

By YASH P S

Mar 06, 2018

Very comprehensive course at this level for a beginner. Learned lot of things and started to see things in perspective of an IT organization. Section on Active Directory was center piece of the course.

Hats off to the course creators, Google & Coursera.

By Steven C

May 09, 2019

This course allowed me to really peek behind the curtain and see just how sysadmins maintain large scale networks for organizations. From servers to DNS, DCHP, and directory services, it was all very interesting information that made you want to learn.

By Albert J A

Apr 13, 2019

Impressive array of topics arranged to organize IT infrastructure into functional areas, with ideas for improving security, saving money, increasing functionality, and avoiding problems. Great hands on lab experiences. Challenging but fun. Thanks!

By Sébastien L

Jan 07, 2019

Great content, great instructor. I personally didn't enjoy some lengthy parts about Active Directory as I'm sure I won't be dealing much with those features of the Windows OS in my career, but the concepts are interesting and useful nonetheless.

By Filip J

Mar 20, 2018

This course was great. Everything learned was right in place but in the end I had a feeling that there should be covered more fields. But this course is huge and it is hard to expect that everything can be covered. Great job on this one Google.

By Jean P D

Nov 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course it has brought a lot in my professional life and especially in the field that I am improving that is the informative. I say a big thank you to the instructor and for these very valuable explanations. Thank you...

By James F

Nov 10, 2019

There was some missing "Supplemental readings", but all in all, this was a good course. I found it more difficult than others as it touched base on items that i was not able to setup and work with during this course, like Active Directory.