Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS

Aug 02, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ

Jan 16, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

51 - 75 of 1,931 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Jacob D

Pretty good

By Cynthia M

Aug 10, 2019

A very good course and overview of System Administration. I gave it 3 stars because the final project is peer-reviewed and it would be more beneficial to have input from the instructor or actual sysadmin especially since my classmate's background range from beginner to advanced. I had to submit my project twice and didn't update or change anything because there was miscommunication based on my peer's location. My peer did not understand that the term vendors mean supplies and thought I was trying to outsource my work. Very frustrating. My suggestion if you are truly thinking of becoming a sysadmin try to find one in your area to go over this last project with you regardless of your peers comments whether good of bad.

By Brian P

Nov 05, 2019

This particular course has been the hardest to get through of the bunch, and not because the material is difficult, but because I basically went to Wikipedia for all of the content. The videos simply mention items you then need to research or learn on your own in most cases. I'm fine with self-paced learning, but it made for a waste of time in watching videos, and Wikipedia articles do not give great examples of the services in action.

By Boruch S

Sep 02, 2020

The part about AD is very disorganised to anyone with basic knowledge and the labs are also too long and convoluted. On the whole the course is informative but being that there is so much info that many people will not have familiarity with it is too disorganised and complex. Perhaps a clearer textbook style text would help organise the new concepts in the mind

By Gerardo S

Aug 30, 2020

SO I pay to see a random guy talk almost all the course. ITs not interactive, no videos, no demonstrations., just talk bla bla bla. Please improve a LOT

By Rachel H

Feb 18, 2020

Most of the labs did not work. This was very disappointing. The tests also had wrong answers marked as right.

Even the link to the survey doesn't work

By Moises F

Aug 25, 2019

Many spelling errors, the videos don't show what they are talking about. The labs are sometimes very confusing.

By Aniket Z

Aug 01, 2020

lots of supllimental reading,else the course is ok

By Mary C K

Jun 29, 2020

AS with all the courses I have taken thus far, the content is priceless, the delivery is 100% useless. As an Educator, I am insulted as I listen to the delivery of what could have been a wonderful course. What was even worse were the transcripts. Whoever typed those transcripts is in desperate need of a refresher course in basic grammar. I understand the principle of typing what was said by the Instructor but for goodness sake, the number of dangling participles, run on sentences, it gave me a BANGING headache. I did not look forward to reviewing the course material before tests in part because I had to try to "puzzle together" sentences that made absolutely no sense. Side note: I hold 2 Master's Degrees, I believe that qualifies my saying I am a very smart individual one who can read and understand any sentence given to me. In the future it may be a more cost effective strategy to invest in employees with a background in both Instructing AND Information Technology, don't just throw individuals into the deep end of the pool acting like "Instructors" and expect that the students are not going to "catch on" to the fact that their Instructor is simply an employee reading from a script, a script the employee/ i.e. Instructor may understand in principle but there is no PASSION behind the delivery of the content. Talk to me, I understand the Instructor side, I taught English for almost 30 years

By Mikey B

Jul 29, 2020

This class needs a quality inspection review from Google. It feels like a rough draft of an assignment you turn in early without proof reading. There are multiple errors in the Qwiklab assignments. There are so many errors and problems with Qwiklab that they made them optional so you automatically get 100%. I found dead links presented, and a Qwiklab that covers something not covered till later in the course, the teacher is reading from a teleprompter without explaining certain terms or showing on the screen, and there is a supplemental reading that is for Windows 2000 which isn't used anymore. Also a lot of the lectures are "check out the supplemental reading." I've taken the previous 3 classes without a problem, and this is the first time I've had to put in multiple problem tickets. I expected more from Google.

By Joseph B

Jun 25, 2018

Sloppy, inconsistent content containing numerous technical mistakes. and for godsakes they link Wikipedia articles as their "Supplemental Reading" very disappointing, especially for a tech giant like google, but don't worry! every week they have a 2 minute video about diversity worship.

By Mohamed S G

Jun 03, 2020

I didn't enjoy this course, so boring. the only reason i finished it (Barely btw) is for the professional certificate. i even jumped into course 5 before finishing this and it was great

By Jonathan R

Apr 26, 2020

A good bit of repeating material from previous courses. Also, not requiring the labs makes this course very dense with lots of material and no actual application of the knowledge.

By Joshua R

Sep 09, 2020

out of the first four courses, this one was the most confusing, lost my interest, and needs to be recreated in my humble opinion.

By Nikea N

Quiz was given before material was taught. Please look at the order of the lessons and requirements.

By N. J M

Apr 25, 2018

instructor talks way to fast, making it difficult to understand.

By Nandini P

Jun 11, 2020

It was an amazing course prophecy by Devan Sir. I humbly thank such an interactive session on roles to responsibilties to the system functioning, Communication channelising, deploying devices over a network and procuring data services data domains to backing and restoring the data system, it was a full fledged course on SysAdmin And IT services and its functionalities.

Learning from my mistakes and experimenting things is something that gets me in it and that is when I thought to make career in it. Mistakes will be made because you are human after all.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life

Such is true in IT specialist. I had a better understanding of the responsibilities of a sysadmin and how closely they relate to the work of an IT support specialist. Just by digging in there, rolling up my sleeves, and tackling it head on. And not being scared off by whatever stood in front of me.

Being in this field, pushing myself in technology, continuing to deal with the challenges and overcoming them, continuing to grow and learn, this has helped me with the little technologists that I am and the kind of set the course for us in what they see us doing in the future.

Own them, learn from them and do better next time work, and in life. Things are not easy.

They are difficult.

But hard work pays off, and

it clearly shows that you've put your hard work to get here.

By John M

Oct 16, 2019

Up, to, and through the System Administration course for Google IT, I feel it uses a methodical approach that ties it all in together in the System Administration part of the course, which is what I was hoping for as well as expecting it. I have been a formal professional in this field for 3 years at this point of the journey, and seeing how all of it ties in together has been both fascinating and enlightening. Working as a Lvl. I BaaS Admin support, I can see now, I even more comfortable I've become working in the Linux environment, oftentimes working in both Windows and Linux in tandem with one another, which was something I had started implementing naturally while working as an IT Support for UNC. It just made sense to me, then to see that I was going in the right direction, as the Linux Subsystem in Windows gained traction, and observing how the OS environments come together, I'm proud, I'm even more intrigued, and very excited in continuing to grow with and in learning these new technologies. I treated myself to paying for and investing this certification into myself. I am so happy I did!

By Mallareddy T

Sep 26, 2020

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliablecomputers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’lldeep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage andconfigure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s ITinfrastructure in the event of a disaster.

By DeAnna M H

Jun 23, 2019

This is an amazing course. It will teach you so much on how SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS (and other infrastructures) work. The videos are simple, yet complex and to the point! The instructor is well knowledge and focuses on you learning. Some of the labs and test are challenging, and they don't go much to your overall grade, but DO THEM!!! You will learn from them. Especially from the Linux-based ones. Even though I'm in another course, I'm gonna go back and re-do the labs here just to make sure I completely understand the information. I recommend this class to everyone who needs a complete understanding of how cloud-based infrastructures work.

By Christina K L

Oct 06, 2020

This course was very hard, but very informative. The instructor is my favorite out of all the courses I have taken so far in the Google IT Certification courses. He didn't speak too quickly but quickly enough not to bore. He looked straight at the camera to make you feel as if he's speaking directly to you (I know this is psychology but the brain IS an important thing and psychology does matter). Other instructors look away as if they are speaking to a group even though it does not seem to be the case. He did make great nerd jokes that lighten the mental load of all the information he was covering.

By Antony J

Aug 20, 2020

This is an exceptionally good course!

Even though the labs were optional and ungraded, I think completing them is still an essential part of getting the most out of the course. For example, in the module that shows how to use Windows Active Directory, there is an excellent Qwiklabs lab that runs AD ---- before the material has been taught. I found this approach of 'flipping the lectures' very beneficial, even though it's not popular with everyone.

So far. I have found the networking and sys admin modules the most in-depth and rewarding in the program. Thanks, Google!

By Roy

Mar 08, 2019

The only complaint I have is the optional qwiklab assignments do not work. For example when trying to update and install a program from linux in the VM instances, it will not allow you to install unless you use sudo, which then asks for the password, which should be the pw generated at the start of the lab. The pw does not work, which means you cannot make it past step 1. Its frustrating, simply because I can write, write, write all of this learning material down, but get little chance to use it in a real world applications. Disappointing.

By Eric C

Oct 24, 2020

It was hard trying to get through these courses sometimes but it was never the course itself that was the problem. Life just sometimes makes things like learning new things or doing what your passionate about hard to do. The thing is, this course, this learning system is not like other forms of higher learning. If you get hit with a hard time in life you can still try to finish this will all your progress and the material later. You never really have to stress yourself out about it if you need time to step back from it.

By Scott G

Mar 13, 2019

This course stepped up the difficulty quite a bit compared to the previous 3 courses, and at the end I was worried that I hadn't actually learned anything. Then, when I started the final project, I realized just how much of this I truly did learn and was able to apply to the situations they presented. I feel like the subject matter here is very dense, but this course does a great job giving a detailed overview so that it's students can understand System Administration as a whole, then delve into specifics at their want.