Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

DC

Feb 12, 2022

This is a course which I enjoyed. It gave a good insight of the learning methodologies which we have often heard of but not given due importance. Also, the brain facts is cool :) My 5/5 to this course

CS

Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

51 - 75 of 3,626 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Youssef A R

Jun 25, 2018

Very nice and to the point course. It covered so many important areas that help in support and keeping the system running.

By Moises C B

Sep 6, 2020

Thank you, dear trainers. I struggled a bit on this one but nothing is supposed to be easy in life. Blessings to you all.

By Christopher M A

Challenging. This course challenged me quite a bit and the knowledge and skills gained are extremely valuable.

By Michael L

I really liked week 6 project. I know that will help me in the future of IT.

By Candace G

Loved learning from Devan, he is so easy to listen to and learn from.

By Alexandre C

Jan 1, 2019

Great teachers, great content, theory and practice aligned, A++

By Ehere A

Jul 22, 2019

This course has taught me alot about IT security!

By Patil A

the best course ever

By TheDon S

Aug 25, 2020

So why not just tell people, go take a course on Active Directory ? The rest of of it is just useless, just clicked through an passed. I use to teach flying to students and I know these Google guys are smart but this is just an overview of what you need to go learn on your own. So I paid someone to tell me go actually study this.

By Juan A R

Sep 1, 2020

The course is fantastic, I've learnt a lot about things that I am really interested in but I just wish it would be more specific instead of just throwing commands around and not explaining them. More Qwiklabs would be great, that's where I learnt the most.

By Taneem U R

Apr 29, 2020

Course quiz has errors which must be resolved. It took me several days to get done with week 2 quiz "Networking Services". I even complete my whole course and wasn't able to pass that. Today I passed it with 100% and I have no idea how...

By Bradley C

Jul 31, 2020

Video text is often written wrong and doesn't match up with the timing of the audio, giving the course a scrambled feeling.

By Jacob D

Pretty good

By Tyler W

Jan 30, 2021

This course had great videos and the speaker was clear and explained things very well. This by itself made the material digestible. The tests weren't too hard, and I really enjoyed week 6 of this course.

The major issue was the structure of the labs, especially in week 4 and 5. There are never enough labs, or are never put in the right place in the course. Or they don't cover enough. Or they baby you too much and don't challenge you. Or they challenge you too much like with the lab in course 3 week 6. Or like in week 5, you get a huge lab that is 2 hours long in its time to complete it instead of being broken up into smaller labs like it should have been.

Specifically for course 4 week 4, the lab was about active directories before the lesson really delved much into them. Then it was the only lab for the longest lesson of the first 4 courses, and there weren't any labs to delve into the more meat and potatoes of Active Directories. The lessons are really long, and hard not to glaze over watching them. Labs through out it would help to reinforce the knowledge instead of glazing over it. Or just questionnaires that interrupt the video like in course 1 would be nice to re obtain my attention.

Last thing, the transcripts of the lesson audio needs to be broken up better into sections. Sometimes the text is broken up, other times it isn't at all. It would be easier to scan through the text for something I want to take further notes on if the long paragraphs were more consistently broken up and given time codes on the side, instead of how only half of the lessons do this currently.

By Yap C P

Jul 10, 2021

This course is not so bad, but it has some flaw that might be frustrating.

The first problem is probably with practical. There are a lot of theory based (study based) with pretty much no practical at all. This made the class a bit hard to absorb in, and that it doesn't really give us a chance on handling the software needed when dealing with the course. I understand that it might be a bit hard to spin up something that can do what the course is teaching, but currently, there are 0 compulsory practical component, which might be an issue if we need to apply what we learn to the outside world. So far the course is a bit like the traditional classroom settings: Study study study take exam and be done.

Another issue I have with the course is how some of the quiz content wasn't fully covered. I can accept that we need to do external study to take the quiz, but not how this is set up. The problem is, in some of those graded quiz, the questions has those "Check all that applied" style question, with some options that are coming from the class, but also included option that we are meant to learn from reading elsewhere. This mean that we are directly misled into only selecting what we learn in class, without realising that some of those choices are also needed to be selected because we are meant to learn it elsewhere. This way of setting the question is quite misleading as we sometime can't really tell whether we should choose the answer according to the class, or according to Wikipedia or any external source.

By Cynthia M

Aug 10, 2019

A very good course and overview of System Administration. I gave it 3 stars because the final project is peer-reviewed and it would be more beneficial to have input from the instructor or actual sysadmin especially since my classmate's background range from beginner to advanced. I had to submit my project twice and didn't update or change anything because there was miscommunication based on my peer's location. My peer did not understand that the term vendors mean supplies and thought I was trying to outsource my work. Very frustrating. My suggestion if you are truly thinking of becoming a sysadmin try to find one in your area to go over this last project with you regardless of your peers comments whether good of bad.

By Francis L

Nov 30, 2020

This was a great course but it ran some concepts that were closer to the realm of common knowledge and did not seem to give a lot of insight on the Sysadmin role. But then it went totally technical and would throw lots of working programs that you have to figure out in a frustrating manner. The hard part of this module was not in the difficulty of the assessments but the gap between the explanations on the videos and then doing the actual work. All in all the most difficult but still manageable. Do pay extra attention and take lots of notes on this one!

By Marc E

Sep 30, 2021

I think there's too many videos in this course and not enough hands-on exercises. There should be more videos about system backups and Active Directory that show you what to do in the real world of IT.

By Samuel A

Nov 22, 2019

You can learn more information about this course in the supplemental readings.

By Aleksy J

Jan 27, 2022

I wont leave it without comment , i do understand its big junk of knowledge but it was the most boring course from this series so far. Most of the time when gentelmen was talking i was confused and i did not understand nothing . Now jokes about reading were not really funny , way too much reading . If i want to read wikipiedia i dont need a course. Also losing my valuable time on listening that zombies will kill office or explaining for a two min simple procedure of clicking ok in the windows several times made me boiling. I appreciate his knowledge however person don't have the gift to pass it to others. Compering to Cindy from the last course its like ferrari to fiat punto.

By Brian P

Nov 5, 2019

This particular course has been the hardest to get through of the bunch, and not because the material is difficult, but because I basically went to Wikipedia for all of the content. The videos simply mention items you then need to research or learn on your own in most cases. I'm fine with self-paced learning, but it made for a waste of time in watching videos, and Wikipedia articles do not give great examples of the services in action.

By Boruch S

Sep 2, 2020

The part about AD is very disorganised to anyone with basic knowledge and the labs are also too long and convoluted. On the whole the course is informative but being that there is so much info that many people will not have familiarity with it is too disorganised and complex. Perhaps a clearer textbook style text would help organise the new concepts in the mind

By Gerardo S

Aug 29, 2020

SO I pay to see a random guy talk almost all the course. ITs not interactive, no videos, no demonstrations., just talk bla bla bla. Please improve a LOT

By Rachel H

Feb 18, 2020

Most of the labs did not work. This was very disappointing. The tests also had wrong answers marked as right.

Even the link to the survey doesn't work

By Moises F

Aug 24, 2019

Many spelling errors, the videos don't show what they are talking about. The labs are sometimes very confusing.