Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

176 - 200 of 3,057 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Michael G

Jan 20, 2020

A lot of hands-on with assignments with Services, and those are definetely good skills to have. Really cool stuff. I'd love if there would be more pracice with cloud resources. Thanks for the great experience

P.S.: The questions in the graded quizes are sometimes very unclear

By Daniel K

Nov 5, 2019

Overall, very good. There are many take aways for me personally. Especially on active directory. My only suggestion is the AD section. Some of it can be long. I think if it was broken down into smaller sections. But then again, a cup of coffee might have changed things.

By Dianna R

Jan 12, 2021

New respect and insight into the IT SYS admin role! Well taught modules and super easy to follow. Challenging quizzes and Labs but not too overwhelming for those with no IT background. Just the right amount of application and challenge to the Final Quiz or IT Consultation.

By Kevin M K M

Apr 23, 2018

This course covers a lot in terms of system Admin, I wish there were labs to test out Directory Services implementation. Overall a worthwhile course for aspiring and practicing IT admin, you will pick up plenty of tools to help you manage your day to day IT infrastructure.

By Garlapati M

Feb 1, 2021

I have completed the Course Successfully but still It is not verifying my id help center Communication is very Bad No One is Responding so try to improve facilities so that everyone can feel relaxed after completing course we can get the certificate easily

By Re D

Sep 10, 2018

I like this course particularly, because going through assignment I have learned lots of new things. The teaching was massive stream of IT infrastructure services. Sometimes , I would wish it could be more metaphorically described , not just lavishly nerdy descriptive

By Rabigan T

Sep 20, 2021

The courses of this valuable module have "opened the gates" to understanding the roles and responsibilities of a systems administrator. Thanks to the mentor, Mr. Devan who helped me explore this interesting information through the wonderful learning platform, Coursera.

By Septian R H

Apr 25, 2020

This is very cool, full with insight and knowledge that could help me on the future. The lesson is simple yet very informative as well. Some test is kinda hard especially the one where multiple answer needs to be answered correctly. Regardless, thank you for everything

By Bruce L

Aug 3, 2021

You will learn a lot from this course. Very detailed and intensive. I believe if you were thrust into the position as an IT professional who previously worked as an intern, you will learn to at least figure out the infrastructure you inherited if you took this course.

By Faruk H

Jul 2, 2020

Such a wonderful course to me in short period of time ,so many areas has been covered in this course as a sysadmin. I wish and hope the knowledge i have gathered through this course will play big role to my IT career.

Thanks to Google to provide this wonderful course.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 12, 2018

The topics, services and protocols are the knowledge bases and the tools that you should use as a systems administrator.

The course in general really liked a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity to receive this course represented by a company in the Google category.

By Fahad A

Jun 9, 2020

This course is very detailed and well constructed to understand the deep and tricky parts of being a system administrator. After completing this course I can say I understand the large and small company requirements and understand better how IT Infrastructure works.

By Amie H

Apr 30, 2020

I enjoyed this class. At times it is a lot of technical information but it was one of the classes I was most excited about. This class definitely builds on all the previous clases, so if you are new to IT I would suggest starting from the beginning of the Program.

By Britney H

Apr 15, 2021

This course was more of a challenge. Most of the terms I have never heard and seems to cover a lot of deep learning surface without getting into the core of it. Great course, I have must more learning to do over System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services.

By Alejandro C

Mar 31, 2020

Muy buen curso con excelente material didáctico, adicionalmente considero que el esquema de evaluación permite que uno realmente estudie cada tema a conciencia, sin embargo pienso que deberían haber a lo largo del curso más evaluaciones del tipo del proyecto final.

By MD F S

Sep 28, 2018

Excellent course and lot of new and important things to learn about the important role system administrator play in an organisation. Thanks to the tutor as he is really excellent at explaining things and teaching quality or contents are just absolutely marvellous.

By BEN A Y

Aug 16, 2021

Great curriculum rich with information and hand on exemples. The course format is well structured and the instructor is beyond amazing in evey different aspect. Would recommend for people looking for a detailed, beginner friendly course on system administration.

By Jesus S

Apr 18, 2021

It was a little hard to understand this course's teacher. The transcript doesn't help much, either. But it's a great course nonetheless. I understand now that this course is not complete. YOU have to go outside the course to learn more and make it complete!

By Maria A A

Aug 16, 2018

It is a deep course of course, however I´ve learned a lot! I intend to study more because I think IT administration is a very intereting subject! I want to learn more in a practical way! Well, I think I could work as a trainee at any company! Thanks all team!

By Amit B

Jan 12, 2021

This certificate is new of its kind in that it presents a completely unique approach to introduce those who seek an IT career to the IT field and teaches you the content in a way that you don’t any prerequisites to be able to understand and grasp the content.

By Albert C U

Mar 15, 2020

This is a very highly drilling course; I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to take a career in IT Support and System administration.

The Qwiklab demonstrations are like real life situations....

Cool Course.

Much thanks to Google and Coursera!!!

By eric b

Nov 27, 2019

Great course, the lessons and video were very interactive and it gives you hands-on lab experience depicting real life scenarios. I have been able to acquire some skills in directory services, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol(LDAP) and Backup Systems.

By Rodrique R

Apr 12, 2020

There were a couple of questions that were worded wrong. One question asking for a backup solution for reliability...... And the answer was Raid array. In the course, Raid array was emphasized as not being a backup solution, but rather a data solution.

By MOHAMED S M A H

Sep 13, 2021

It's a long and hard journey and I'm still on my way to complete it I would like to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the teachers and Instructors here Allah then you are the reason to build a career in this field Thank you so much

By Leonardo B B

Nov 4, 2020

This course is amazing! A lot of work though! Be ready to spend most of your time figuring out stuff by yourself. It paves the way to understand Windows Active Directory and create your own server using Apache2. Great course! Thanks Google and Coursera!