Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

1 - 25 of 318 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Ruth J

Mar 04, 2019

I have published two systematic reviews and this course provided a good foundation.

By Giancarlo S Z

Jan 10, 2019

Excellent course for beginners

By Hiko

Apr 25, 2019

It is a good courses if you would like to get an idea about systematic review and meta-analysis. It also help the student to read systematic review critically and evaluate its quality.

By Lin N

May 15, 2017

This is a really nice detailed course with tons of examples, if you can afford, please pay them or purchase of the course instead of auditing. I hope I will be able to purchase it.

By 高文哲

Aug 15, 2018

Great introduction!

By Bandar H D

Apr 02, 2017

interesting and well organised course

By Roy R M

Feb 24, 2019

The lecturers were excellent and learning outcomes were met. Highly recommended for all public health specialists.

By Ameera S A

Jul 08, 2019

This course is highly recommended for any beginners in understanding the systematic review and meta-analysis. This course offer flexible time to complete as participants can reset their timeline to complete the course according to their study or working schedule. Also, participants are being exposed to exercises and able to learn conducting peer-review assignments. The best thing about any course is the application on the theory based on the healthcare practice in our daily life. The course organizer may want to add more on the applied knowledge in the videos. Overall, this course has given me the opportunity to recognize my capacity of conducting systematic review in the future.

By Xueling L

Aug 12, 2019

learned a lot. Good example to help to understand. very clear

By Rokiah

Feb 27, 2019

Cousera had provide me with comprehensive overview of systematic review and meta analysis. I learnt a lot. Thank you.

By Bruno A M P B

Dec 09, 2016

This is an excellent course provided by Johns Hopkins. It provides excellent lectures for the basic topics to design and interpret a systematic review, with or without quantitative synthesis (i.e., meta-analysis). I would like, though, to better understand other topics, such as network meta-analysis, trial sequential analysis and other methodologies potentially applicable to this important research tool.

By ping p

Dec 18, 2018

it is one of best courses I have studied

By Vinodkumar M

Dec 13, 2018

My doubts regarding how to conduct meta-analysis was cleared with help of this course. It helped me to improve my academic expertise

By Váncsa S

Dec 13, 2018

Systematic review and meta analysis course is a good start for clinicians, for orientation, for opinion, to form your idea. It is cheap, the only obstacle is the time you can spend on searching, reading than writing. You can and you have to work in a group, being more effective. I hope the next step will be network analysis course.

By mahmoud e

Dec 31, 2018

Very Helpful

By Sixtus A

Jan 31, 2019

Terrific course in systematic review and meta-analysis. I learned a lot from this course and which they has more hand on practices. It was a great learning opportunity for me.

By Hong T T

Feb 05, 2019

It's a great course, information rich and comprehensive!!! It covers almost everything I should know about the topic! Thank you so much for offering such a great course!

By Adebayo A A

Nov 21, 2018

Very rewarding

By Elba S L I

Nov 27, 2018

Excelente, la metodología fue dinámica y muy práctico

By OMAR A G H

Nov 12, 2018

Good material, and the way in wich the teachers guide us in the course makes the information more digestible by presenting practical examples. Thank you.

By Adrienne S

Jan 18, 2019

I thought it was a helpful course. I finally have a full understanding of what systematic reviews are and how to read a forest plot. I also have gained the knowledge needed to start my own systematic review.

By Ahmed M B K A

Jan 16, 2019

good engagement, up to date and simplifying, a good introduction to the science of systematic review

By Matthew J