Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

DK

Jul 23, 2018

This is the essential step to conduct a research. The course presents the foundamental principles in conducting systematic review and meta-analysis. Join and enjoy the boundless knowledge. <3

176 - 200 of 289 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Kusse K T

Sep 23, 2017

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the organizers of this courses from Johns Hopkins University and for the Coursera platform for making this courses possible. The course instructors are world class experts who share their experiences with out any reservation.

I have really enjoyed every piece of this course and have learned a lot. As it coincided with my thesis proposal work, it also helped me a lot in writing my masters proposal.

I would like to recommend this course for all with out any reservation.

Kusse Koirita(MD), MPH-IH Candidate at Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp, Belgium.

By Alessandro R

Nov 07, 2017

Very relevant material, and good pace of lessons. I started applying what I learnt in this course almost immediately

By Kristine G

Nov 15, 2016

Excellent course! Lectures are comprehensive and concise, and the lecturers explained the topics well. Quizzes and peer review exams test our understanding of the modules well, and I appreciate the book recommendations.

By Denise L G

Nov 29, 2016

Muy completo! y muy util!.

By Evangelia V

Mar 30, 2017

a great course on basics in systematic reviews and meta- analysis. Thank you!

By Fredrik M R

Mar 22, 2017

Very informative, engaging and helpful! I found it refreshing to listen to the experiences and knowledge from the three instructors, and to put my own knowledge to the test in the weekly quiz sections.

By Anna A

Oct 13, 2017

GREAT COURSE!

By Meenakshi K

Mar 12, 2018

excellent course material

By Dr. D R P

Nov 22, 2016

my first education with coursea. Awesome.

By Gargi A J

Mar 05, 2017

Very informative and systematic. But have to pay attention to the terms because it can be quiet difficult for the beginners in this field.

By Scott H

Mar 17, 2017

The best systematic review and meta analysis course I have taken thus far. Great information and delivery!!

By Neelakanta R B

Apr 10, 2017

Easily understandable well designed course Modules with flexibility to choose time and target dates.Module assessment formats are very simple and user friendly.Peer Graded assignments were self explanatory to answer the questions .Overall i have enjoyed the content and the course

By José A H S

Aug 22, 2017

It is direct and very easy to understand.

By Gehad M T R

Jul 21, 2017

excellent course

By Caroline M

Aug 30, 2017

Wonderful!

By vietvot

May 24, 2018

it helps me a lot with the basic of systematic review. Even a simple stage like reading the RR and OR.

By Kleiton G d N

Nov 16, 2017

Curso ótimo! Obtive um grande aprendizado.

By Eva H

Mar 06, 2018

Course that I recommend doing to introduce yourself in the topic of reviews and meta-analysis. Both the content and the teachers' explanations are excellent!

By Geofrey M

Apr 03, 2018

a well set informative course. highly recommendable.

By Lyris O

Dec 13, 2017

Excellent course with a good level of detail. It has given me much greater understanding of systematic reviews and meta-analyses and the process of doing them.

By Arifudin A

Feb 03, 2018

Slightly too much math part in the mid-course (which can be handled by most software), but in general, this is a recommended introductory course!

By Iqbal R

Jun 25, 2018

Extremely helpful

By Édison M C

Feb 05, 2018

Exc

By Michelle W

May 26, 2018

Really good course, really good assignments that help you better understand how to apply the knowledge and skills that are taught in the course.

By sayantan b