Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

26 - 50 of 335 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Váncsa S

Dec 13, 2018

Systematic review and meta analysis course is a good start for clinicians, for orientation, for opinion, to form your idea. It is cheap, the only obstacle is the time you can spend on searching, reading than writing. You can and you have to work in a group, being more effective. I hope the next step will be network analysis course.

By Aaron F

Apr 23, 2018

Great lectures with extremely knowledgeable professors. I really appreciated the structure of each lesson, and the flow of the course as a whole. It was quite helpful.

It was a wise move to include directions to in-depth reference materials, as finding the standards and guidelines for a technique can be daunting to newcomers.

By Mohammed O

Dec 08, 2017

The course was well structured and well presented.

I loved the idea that after sending my review of an article,

I had to review other participants thoughts about the article

This technique of teaching helped me to remember the different

factors important for systematic review / metaanalysis

Thank you very much for a job well done.

By Jyoti B G

Feb 09, 2018

I learnt the integral steps to write a systematic review and what is meta analysis and why it is needed.It is a beautifulcourse and I would love to do the second part of it if available where limitations of the prior course are covered in the second course.Thanks to all the reviewers and oourse co-ordinators.

By Faryal B

Oct 03, 2016

I would highly recommend this course. It was very informative and I hope Johns Hopkins will continue more in this series. Systematic reviews and meta analyses have become crucial for clinical research and evidence based medicine. This course allows users to gain basic knowledge about both. Great initiative.

By Neelakanta R B

Apr 10, 2017

Easily understandable well designed course Modules with flexibility to choose time and target dates.Module assessment formats are very simple and user friendly.Peer Graded assignments were self explanatory to answer the questions .Overall i have enjoyed the content and the course

By Julio I V C

Mar 27, 2016

Excelente curso! brinda las bases necesarias para realizar una revisión sistemática. Como su nombre lo indica, es una Introducción, y una introducción muy buena y completa. Adicionalmente, también brinda información suficiente (como libros y artículos) para seguir aprendiendo por uno mismo.

By Tarek N

Apr 08, 2016

i found this course a great intro to the concept of systematic review which is a special type of research that helps resolve conflicts in published studies, provide evidence for healthcare practices and policies and identify the the area in which research is lacking hence orienting it.

By Sreekanth K M

Feb 13, 2019

An excellent platform for the budding researchers and especially for all postgraduate students .

I would strongly recommend this course for all those who are planning to perform a Systematic review.

Once again many thanks for coursera for giving us opportunity to learn SR and MA.

By Stacey K

Oct 01, 2017

Thank you very much for very concise yet comprehensive course. The choice of examples (papers) was excellent as I was interested in supplements and vitamins at the time of taking the course. IT's great how the authors managed to convey the information without bias. Thank you

By Rina R

Dec 03, 2019

Im on the 5th week currently and I have learnt a lot of information about Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis from this Course. Earlier I have always had confusions between the two and had difficulty trying to find the differences. This course has made things a lot easier.

By Irena

Feb 11, 2017

Excellent teachers, great experience. Gained new knowledge thanks to a well paced set-up of the course and the effort of the professors from the Johns Hopkins University. Successfully published a meta-analysis after the course, in a peer reviewed journal on the SCI list.

By daniela a

Oct 16, 2017

Excelente course! The lectures were great very well explained and with accurate examples. I would have liked to see a little bit more of how to do a Meta-analysis in a software (like Stata for example) but as an Introducttion I would say it is perfect.

By Jasmina O

Oct 01, 2019

Clear for beginners! Now, I know what is on the plots in Meta-analysis papers. Although, I expected more practical knowledge, for actually "how to do Meta-analysis". This course stayed only on introduction level. How ever, I am very satisfied, indeed.

By Alan K

Dec 11, 2016

Outstanding organization and mix of didactic pedagological techniques !

Highly recommended for all interested in improved their understanding of SR and MA critical appraisal of the literature as well as performing your own SR with or without a MA.

By Raffaele B

Jul 05, 2016

It's a good course to have a first approach to meta-analysis, not for a deep comprehension or for acquisition of advanced techniques about meta-analysis data menagement. I hope you will organize an advanced course about this issues. Thank you!!

By Lucia E G

Aug 23, 2018

I loved everything about this course! I learned a lot and I am proud to say that now I can critically read a systematic review and interpret meta-analysis results. I will definitely do another Johns Hopkins course in the future!

By Kristine G

Nov 15, 2016

Excellent course! Lectures are comprehensive and concise, and the lecturers explained the topics well. Quizzes and peer review exams test our understanding of the modules well, and I appreciate the book recommendations.

By Osvaldo M J

Apr 02, 2019

It is worthy to invest the time to complete this course. Although it is focused on introductory level, providing the basics to begin a systematic review, it also directs the students to deeper contents when necessary.

By Amirah E W

Jul 26, 2017

As a Bloomberg School of Public Health student taking a certification in Epidemiology and currently conducting a systematic review for my field placement, this course helps me a lot in understanding systematic review.

By Rafiuddin A

Jun 07, 2017

Excellent course, very comprehensive and useful for synthesizing empirical studies. Researchers from other disciplines will find it quite useful if strong and credible evidence are required for adoptions of practices.

By Chin J L

Dec 11, 2017

This course opened my eyes to systematic reviews and helped me to understand how to critically read and perform one myself. The lectures are enjoyable and explanations are very easy to follw.

I enjoyed very much.

By Fenny

Aug 02, 2019

This course is really helpful. The material and the recommended supporting material also give the benefit for those who need to conduct the systematic review and meta-analysis. Thank you for all the facilitator!

By Sarasuati D

Apr 11, 2019

This course its very complete, it helps you understand in a more specific way systematic reviews and meta-analisis. after the course you´ll be able to do a better judgement when reading a systematic review .

By Adrienne S

Jan 18, 2019

I thought it was a helpful course. I finally have a full understanding of what systematic reviews are and how to read a forest plot. I also have gained the knowledge needed to start my own systematic review.