Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

76 - 100 of 439 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By ANDREA G

Oct 03, 2019

I am very happy with the content of the course, and also I hope you can open a new course of intermediate level. Congratulations to this amazing woman that create this course! Thank you!

By Akaninyene A S

Jan 26, 2020

Although it is very early to say. But I can confidently say: this is one of the best thing that has happen to me this year. I am now ready to begin systematic review and meta-analysis.

By ezgi t

Apr 19, 2020

detailed enough to do your own systematic review. I was just trying to get an overview of the concept yet the course was so interesting I found myself watching every video. Thanks!

By Bella Y

May 20, 2016

Very nice course! I wish I had like this when doing my master's degree.

Special thanks for teachers speaking in a very understandable way (very good for non-native english-speakers)

By Ajna H

Apr 06, 2018

This is an excellent course. You can really tell that the instructors put effort in presenting the concepts logically, so that the course flows really well. I highly recommend it!

By Eudes L A

May 02, 2020

globally, the course is well detailed and I appreciate the chronology. it could have been better if we could have a document word which we can still read after Course completion

By Ryan d T

Feb 09, 2017

The lesson are very simple and well discussed. I hope there can be more activities as this needs more application to be practiced. I hope there can be a follow up course on this.

By Jameel R H

Oct 14, 2019

I really loved the way the course was organised from simplifying the concepts to taking through the process very systematically. The facilitators' expertise is much appreciated.

By Darío d J V S

May 14, 2020

This course has been an excellent experience. I'm in the middle of writing my thesis - a systematic review- and this course has helped me a lot. Thanks and greeting from Chile.

By Ana L M G

Oct 08, 2019

Excellent! Allowed me to perceive systematic review and meta-analysis with much more clarity than before. Would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in performing one.

By Sixtus A

Jan 31, 2019

Terrific course in systematic review and meta-analysis. I learned a lot from this course and which they has more hand on practices. It was a great learning opportunity for me.

By ZUL A B M F

Jun 03, 2020

This course made me understand how to read, analyse and critique a systematic review in a more systematic ways.Thank you to the organizer.God bless you.Stay safe and humble.

By Sheik A k A

This course was suggested by my mentor as a part of PhD preparation. I thorouhly enjoyed the course content.

The format is wonderful which ensures the participant's learn.

By My N

May 07, 2018

Excellent courses with great explanation and instruction. I am analyzing meta-analysis quite often, this course really helps me a lot in complete understanding an article!

By gaobinn@yahoo.com

Mar 13, 2017

clear knowledge structure,

easily understandable language,

necessary evidence to support viewpoint,

and supplementary of working tools and interactive tests.

perfect course

By Hong T T

Feb 05, 2019

It's a great course, information rich and comprehensive!!! It covers almost everything I should know about the topic! Thank you so much for offering such a great course!

By Rhea F F R

Jun 05, 2016

This is an excellent introduction to the world of systematic reviews and meta-analysis. I enjoyed the detailed information on every step of this research methodology.

By Aaron B

May 16, 2019

Very informative, plenty of examples throughout. Stimulates a lot of thought not only about systematic reviews but on performing high quality research in general.

By MOMINA Z

Mar 29, 2020

A Surprisingly crystal clear course.

Loved the weeks 5 and 6,made all the difference to my understanding.

Thank you coursera for a wonderful learning experience.

By Lyris O

Dec 13, 2017

Excellent course with a good level of detail. It has given me much greater understanding of systematic reviews and meta-analyses and the process of doing them.

By João T d S B

Jan 26, 2018

It's a superb course. I felt that is probably the best introductory course to who wants to prepare a systematic review and meta-analysis.

I strongly recommend!

By Eva H

Mar 06, 2018

Course that I recommend doing to introduce yourself in the topic of reviews and meta-analysis. Both the content and the teachers' explanations are excellent!

By Mario M C

Feb 22, 2020

It's an amuzing course, to all personel and physician who want to know about the publication and elaboration of a meta-analysis. So many important themes.

By OMAR A G H

Nov 12, 2018

Good material, and the way in wich the teachers guide us in the course makes the information more digestible by presenting practical examples. Thank you.

By Nwakwue N C

Sep 21, 2016

Fantastic course. I hope a degree on this should be made available online. Thanks to the tutors. Your videos and explanation and transcription was clear.