Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

76 - 100 of 335 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Chris

Jul 25, 2017

Great course, learned a lot from instructors. Highly recommend to those who are interested in learning more about systematic reviews and meta-analyses.

By Hoang B L

Jun 07, 2018

A very interesting course that provided me a lot of valuable information. People say the first step is crucial and I think I've taken it properly.

By Arifudin A

Feb 03, 2018

Slightly too much math part in the mid-course (which can be handled by most software), but in general, this is a recommended introductory course!

By Michelle W

May 26, 2018

Really good course, really good assignments that help you better understand how to apply the knowledge and skills that are taught in the course.

By Ronald M

May 29, 2016

Great introduction to systematic reviews and meta-analysis, it also gives you the tools you will need to continue your studies in the subject.

By ANKIT K S

Sep 21, 2019

loved this course...it gives a strong foundation to start reading and ultimately inspiring you to do a systematic review and metaanalysis...

By Carlos A M

Oct 23, 2018

Excellent, concise review of the essentials of Systematic Reviews and Meta - Analysis. A definite necessity for any healthcare professional.

By Milton R M M

Aug 18, 2018

It is a excellent option to learn about sitematic review and meta analysis, basics concepts with the posibility to go deeper as you can do.

By NIDHI C

May 23, 2018

Very good course, informative and give good start to some one who is new to this area...even to experienced some one like...it is very good

By Marcel V N

Feb 04, 2018

An excellent course in terms of introduction. It really attended my expectation and I am more secure to work and start a sistematic review.

By Gargi A J

Mar 05, 2017

Very informative and systematic. But have to pay attention to the terms because it can be quiet difficult for the beginners in this field.

By Kerry T

Apr 15, 2016

Great intro to the topic. Nice lecture content and presenters. Left me wanting more! I wish there was an advanced course as a follow up.

By Emese B

May 26, 2016

A very detailed course about writing a systematic review, still helped me to gain better understanding while reading one as a clinician.

By Abdelrahman S M A A

Dec 10, 2016

Excellent Course that will easily Guide you through the journey of systematic review and meta-analysis but requires full attention !!

By Parth P D

Feb 19, 2019

However i had a forgettable experience of peer graded assessment, even though my answers were same as prescribed i got fail, thrice.

By Vinodkumar M

Dec 13, 2018

My doubts regarding how to conduct meta-analysis was cleared with help of this course. It helped me to improve my academic expertise

By Khal S

Jun 29, 2017

Great course, as a physician I learned a lot from it. It also has very informative Pdf copies of the lectures for future references.

By Lisa T

May 03, 2017

Very useful! The educators of the course explained the concepts and processes very clearly with many examples. Thank you for this!

By Dr M N

Sep 22, 2019

Very good basic knowledge I could gain through the course. And kudos to Coursera team too for making this platform for all of us

By Raneen A G

Apr 30, 2016

i get benefit from the course. the explanation is to the point and in an easy and simple way that can be easily understanable

By Anca V

Nov 06, 2019

Very good and concise explanations, not an easy task for such a vast subject! Well done to the trainers and a big thank you!

By saurab s

Oct 11, 2017

Brilliant course for beginners. It also provides guide to other resources for in-depth learning. I highly recommend this.

By Utulu R

Jun 26, 2017

Really wonderful course. Systematic reviews were beyond my understanding before this course...not anymore. Thank you JH

By Alessandro R

Nov 07, 2017

Very relevant material, and good pace of lessons. I started applying what I learnt in this course almost immediately