Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

51 - 75 of 293 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By UMA J K

May 26, 2017

This course was very informative and easy to understand.

By Faryal B

Oct 03, 2016

I would highly recommend this course. It was very informative and I hope Johns Hopkins will continue more in this series. Systematic reviews and meta analyses have become crucial for clinical research and evidence based medicine. This course allows users to gain basic knowledge about both. Great initiative.

By Hebatullah M A

Sep 25, 2016

It is very organized course, I earned a lot of information ... thanks

By saurab s

Oct 11, 2017

Brilliant course for beginners. It also provides guide to other resources for in-depth learning. I highly recommend this.

By Irena

Feb 11, 2017

Excellent teachers, great experience. Gained new knowledge thanks to a well paced set-up of the course and the effort of the professors from the Johns Hopkins University. Successfully published a meta-analysis after the course, in a peer reviewed journal on the SCI list.

By Jacob R

Oct 24, 2017

Great introduction to Systematic Reviews

By Ram K M

May 30, 2017

Hi This is Ram Mishra.

I am working to deliver Systematic literature reviews (SLR), and also familiar with Meta-analysis (MA). This was a refresher course for me. I got to know many things in details through this course, which I used to do without giving further thought. Overall, this is a great course for someone looking forward to learn the basics of SLR and MA.

By Julio I V C

Mar 27, 2016

Excelente curso! brinda las bases necesarias para realizar una revisión sistemática. Como su nombre lo indica, es una Introducción, y una introducción muy buena y completa. Adicionalmente, también brinda información suficiente (como libros y artículos) para seguir aprendiendo por uno mismo.

By Hoang B L

Jun 07, 2018

A very interesting course that provided me a lot of valuable information. People say the first step is crucial and I think I've taken it properly.

By Scholastica Z

May 10, 2017

Excellent

By Bella Y

May 20, 2016

Very nice course! I wish I had like this when doing my master's degree.

Special thanks for teachers speaking in a very understandable way (very good for non-native english-speakers)

By Jorge V

Aug 19, 2016

Great introduction not only for systematic review but also for scientific research.

By IVAN L

Feb 25, 2017

Excellent course

By Diego C

Jul 08, 2016

excellent

By Kerry T

Apr 15, 2016

Great intro to the topic. Nice lecture content and presenters. Left me wanting more! I wish there was an advanced course as a follow up.

By Jose R

Oct 06, 2016

Awesome course. Content was delivered in a clear, concise, and precise manner.

By Francisco M

Aug 21, 2016

Excelent

By Joanne Q

Feb 04, 2017

Very well organized, chock full of both theoretical content and details regarding application. Just the right amount of challenging! Would have been nice to have had more exercises that force you to use the information learned in actually choosing/not choosing studies, or writing about the literature systematically. Overall, highly recommend.

By Akhilesh V S

Jun 09, 2016

Excelle

By Sandra

Dec 28, 2016

Good introduction and overview to Systematic Reviews.

By César A A

Jun 05, 2017

This course has greatly helped me to understand the basic essential facts on Systematic Reviews and Mata-Analysis.

By Ronald M

May 29, 2016

Great introduction to systematic reviews and meta-analysis, it also gives you the tools you will need to continue your studies in the subject.

By José V N S

Aug 21, 2016

Gorgeous!

By Alan K

Dec 11, 2016

Outstanding organization and mix of didactic pedagological techniques !

Highly recommended for all interested in improved their understanding of SR and MA critical appraisal of the literature as well as performing your own SR with or without a MA.

By phan n n

May 25, 2018

this is a super useful course