Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

51 - 75 of 430 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By daniela a

Oct 16, 2017

Excelente course! The lectures were great very well explained and with accurate examples. I would have liked to see a little bit more of how to do a Meta-analysis in a software (like Stata for example) but as an Introducttion I would say it is perfect.

By Jasmina O

Oct 01, 2019

Clear for beginners! Now, I know what is on the plots in Meta-analysis papers. Although, I expected more practical knowledge, for actually "how to do Meta-analysis". This course stayed only on introduction level. How ever, I am very satisfied, indeed.

By Alan K

Dec 11, 2016

Outstanding organization and mix of didactic pedagological techniques !

Highly recommended for all interested in improved their understanding of SR and MA critical appraisal of the literature as well as performing your own SR with or without a MA.

By Jacus S N

May 03, 2020

I took this course right in the middle of conducting a systematic review. I was surprised that learning the ropes (through this online platform) while doing the hands-on (as part of my task as a researcher) made studying more exciting and fun.

By Raffaele B

Jul 05, 2016

It's a good course to have a first approach to meta-analysis, not for a deep comprehension or for acquisition of advanced techniques about meta-analysis data menagement. I hope you will organize an advanced course about this issues. Thank you!!

By Lucia E G

Aug 23, 2018

I loved everything about this course! I learned a lot and I am proud to say that now I can critically read a systematic review and interpret meta-analysis results. I will definitely do another Johns Hopkins course in the future!

By Kristine G

Nov 15, 2016

Excellent course! Lectures are comprehensive and concise, and the lecturers explained the topics well. Quizzes and peer review exams test our understanding of the modules well, and I appreciate the book recommendations.

By Ezeme, C

May 06, 2020

it's the right course for anyone who wants to learn or improve on the knowledge and skills necessary for a good systematic review. The course could elevate one from being a novice to having sufficient requisite skills.

By Osvaldo M J

Apr 02, 2019

It is worthy to invest the time to complete this course. Although it is focused on introductory level, providing the basics to begin a systematic review, it also directs the students to deeper contents when necessary.

By Amirah E W

Jul 26, 2017

As a Bloomberg School of Public Health student taking a certification in Epidemiology and currently conducting a systematic review for my field placement, this course helps me a lot in understanding systematic review.

By Rafiuddin A

Jun 07, 2017

Excellent course, very comprehensive and useful for synthesizing empirical studies. Researchers from other disciplines will find it quite useful if strong and credible evidence are required for adoptions of practices.

By Yafremau N

Apr 12, 2020

This course was a great guide towards understanding the main ideas and principles of systematic review, as well as meta-analysis (as well when it should be applied). Explanations and examples on bias were superb.

By Chin J L

Dec 11, 2017

This course opened my eyes to systematic reviews and helped me to understand how to critically read and perform one myself. The lectures are enjoyable and explanations are very easy to follw.

I enjoyed very much.

By Fenny

Aug 02, 2019

This course is really helpful. The material and the recommended supporting material also give the benefit for those who need to conduct the systematic review and meta-analysis. Thank you for all the facilitator!

By Sarasuati D

Apr 11, 2019

This course its very complete, it helps you understand in a more specific way systematic reviews and meta-analisis. after the course you´ll be able to do a better judgement when reading a systematic review .

By Adrienne S

Jan 18, 2019

I thought it was a helpful course. I finally have a full understanding of what systematic reviews are and how to read a forest plot. I also have gained the knowledge needed to start my own systematic review.

By Do H L

May 22, 2016

One of the best courses coming from Johns Hopkins University. Assignments are meaningful and teachings are very engaging. This gave the topic of systematic review and meta-analysis a rigorous treatment.

By Sumeet K

Apr 09, 2020

I am very impressed by this course. NIce starting point, if you are trying to understand systematic review and meta-analysis and do study yourself. Very helpful to anyone who is serious about research.

By Fredrik M R

Mar 22, 2017

Very informative, engaging and helpful! I found it refreshing to listen to the experiences and knowledge from the three instructors, and to put my own knowledge to the test in the weekly quiz sections.

By Duong N C K

Jul 23, 2018

This is the essential step to conduct a research. The course presents the foundamental principles in conducting systematic review and meta-analysis. Join and enjoy the boundless knowledge. <3

By Kevin A

Feb 13, 2017

Incredible course! You learned a lot from these amazing professors. If you take this course you will know how to do a high quality systematic review and even a meta analysis and publish them.

By Alisha M

May 15, 2020

Very straightforward course. The only issue I found is the last lecture in week 5 suggests there is still more content to be learnt, but there isn't. Maybe they removed some videos overtime.

By Bibek K

Sep 02, 2019

This course helps to learn basics about systematic review and meta-analysis. I recommend this course to the beginners, who wants to do systematic review in future.

Thank you John Hopkins!

By ANDREA G

Oct 03, 2019

I am very happy with the content of the course, and also I hope you can open a new course of intermediate level. Congratulations to this amazing woman that create this course! Thank you!

By Akaninyene A S

Jan 26, 2020

Although it is very early to say. But I can confidently say: this is one of the best thing that has happen to me this year. I am now ready to begin systematic review and meta-analysis.