Back to Introduction to Systems Engineering

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systems Engineering by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

"Introduction to Systems Engineering" uses a structured yet flexible approach to provide a holistic, solid foundation to the successful development of complicated systems. The course takes you step by step through the system life cycle, from design to development, production and management. You will learn how the different components of a system interrelate, and how each contributes to a project’s goals and success. The discipline’s terminology, which can so often confuse the newcomer, is presented in an easily digestible form. Weekly video lectures introduce and synthesise key concepts, which are then reinforced with quizzes and practical exercises to help you measure your learning. This course welcomes anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other work areas. No specific background is required, and we welcome learners with all levels of interest and experience....

RG
Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!\n\nThis course has been extremely helpful for me to develop an understanding of systems engineering so that I can facilitate application of SE to a new technology my company is developing.

WB
Nov 19, 2021

Excellent course! Provides good initiation to system engineering. I enjoyed the practical examples to explain some of the concepts. Course is recommended for those looking after system engineering.

51 - 75 of 248 Reviews for Introduction to Systems Engineering

By Frank C

Jul 21, 2020

Good material, delivered thoroughly.

Only criticism is that more real world examples could be given, however I understand it is only an introductory course hence why this did not impact my final score in the review.

By Jerry A K

Aug 30, 2018

Great introductory course surveying the Systems Engineering discipline. Laid down a solid foundation and provided resources for further learning. Recommended for anyone who's interested in Systems Engineering.

By Daniel R

Jul 25, 2020

This course was very interesting and well organised, I am fully satisfied. I was already familiar with Systems Engineering at work, and this training gave me a much better understanding. Thank you very much.

By 赵剑羽

Sep 10, 2017

This course is great. I have learned a lot in this course. This course list lots of examples ,which making some problems clear and vivid. However, I think the logic of teaching is a little deficiency.

By William B

Nov 20, 2021

By N P N

Nov 11, 2016

This course gives a lot of insights into the SE activities, which we normally don't notice. This would be useful for the system developers as well System Safety engineers to appreciate the system

By Richard D G

Oct 17, 2020

Thank You!

By Elwin C

Aug 23, 2021

Great introduction to Systems Engineering, with clear, easy-to-follow video lectures and some thought-provoking exercises and quizzes to help consolidate the learning process. Highly recommend.

By Salman I

An excellent course to the introduction of Systems Engineering. This course can be helpful and act as a foundation course in preparing oneself for C-SEP (Systems Engineering Professional)

By Juliana J F d S R

Apr 16, 2020

I am very happy to have finished the course, it was a very positive experience and learning was easy. The quality of the course is high and the teachers are very good. I thank everyone!

By LEENEN Y Y

Dec 1, 2019

A course that exceeded all my expectation. A thorough and concise introduction to what could be an upcoming academic interest that best suits an engineering management application.

By Hamad E A

Apr 5, 2018

Excellent course, learned a lot about System Engineering in general and its concepts. Great tutors and excellent real life examples from real life situations. Strongly recommended!

By Emre Ş

Aug 23, 2018

This course is very beneficial to understand the System Engineering Concept. Now, what I should do in my worklife is more clear. Special thanks to whoever prepared this course!

By Reece W

Nov 17, 2019

A great introduction to systems engineering. I wish I had studied something like this before actually entering industry in what is essential a systems engineering company!

By Alex B

Jun 29, 2021

Excellent, professionally delivered overview of systems engineering.

Quizzes and assignments are straighforward, while getting you to think about the material presented.

By David G O

Jul 27, 2020

content is very well structured and explanations are accurate, using practical examples to help understanding. Very useful as an introduction to Systems Engineering.

By Davide B

Dec 23, 2019

Very well scheduled and taught. I had valuable support from the teachers and the contents are interesting and can be extremely useful in many professional contexts.

By Karthikeyan B

Oct 13, 2019

This course strengthens my knowledge which I gained over my working experience. Certainly, this is good course to begin understanding about the Systems Engineering.

By Солонин А

Jan 24, 2018

I`ve passed this course to understand whole picture of projects I`m working on, as well as to learn to manage them in more professional manner and more efficiently.

By Kevin R

Aug 28, 2017

it's really good all the thigs you learn for free all the knowledge you can get, and only payment for certificate they don't take out sessions if it's free amazing

By Amit D

Jul 13, 2021

Great course, very relevant!! Special thanks to the faculty for putting and creating the course. Very interesting with practical example, assignments and quizzes.

By Ricardo M

Mar 23, 2018

I enjoyed the course and will consider pursuing systems engineering as a future career. The examples used in the course was helpful in understanding the material.

By Napoleon V M

Jul 27, 2017

Very interesting information, new way to improve the way you look to a project and a lot of tools that let you and your tea, to optimize and understand processes

By Soutrik

Aug 26, 2020

very nicely formulated course. it has helped gain knowledge about areas i had no idea about. the presentations in this course are simply amazing.

thank you.

By Shelley S

I really enjoyed this course! Well-constructed modules, practical applications of knowledge via graded exercises, and helpful feedback. Thanks very much!