Back to Introduction to TCP/IP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to TCP/IP by Yonsei University

You use the Internet through your PC (Personal Computer), laptop, tablet, smartpad, and smartphone every day in everything you do. Through your own PC/laptop, you can easily learn everything about the Internet, and that is what this course is focused on. In this course ‘Introduction to TCP/IP,’ you will learn the operational functions of Internet technologies (which include IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, addressing, routing, domain names, etc.) and your PC/laptop's security and gateway Internet setup and basic principles. In addition, through a simple Wireshark experiment, you will see the TCP/IP packets and security systems in action that are serving your PC/laptop, that serves you....

GP
Mar 20, 2021

Very good class, not difficult, doesn't take long and doesn't require any background knowledge. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about how the Internet and their computers work.

EJ
Aug 23, 2021

Fantastic introductory course to the fundamentals in TCP/IP. Great course for those new to computer networks and would like to gain a high-level to intermediate overview of how the Internet works.

26 - 50 of 541 Reviews for Introduction to TCP/IP

By Jeremy S

Aug 10, 2021

P​rof. Jong-Moon Chung gives a thorough explanation of the TCP/IP workings using examples and even delves into Cybersecurity. My favorite part is how the quizzes are laid out as a "pick the INCORRECT answer." To me, this gives the learner a quick refresher over the subject matter, while still testing their retention of the subject matter. I kinda wish more quizzes were like this.

By Kerry D B

Apr 25, 2021

A well put together course that teaches the basics of TCP/IP. The instructor is first rate and the presentation of the lessons makes it very easy to learn and understand. If there is one improvement to be made it would be to expand the Wireshark Project to clarify the process using the download test file and the various filters in Wireshark.

By Christa L

May 4, 2021

this course is great personally I can say I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it, the only thing is they're some subject or points that were not explained and that leave some interrogations, at least it did to me but for the rest I can say the course is great!!

thank you very much.

By Har P R

Jun 15, 2020

Course is great. But after completion, it ask for money to provide completion certificate. I just finished but cannot afford to pay for certificate. I hate the way Course designer traps student. If it is free, then why are you asking money to provide completed certificate ?

By Omar F

Mar 2, 2021

Extremely informative and delivered great content that was explained well. Covered a variety of topics that were great to follow up on leveraging provided references. Great intro to WireShark as the ending lesson to visibly see and analyze packets traversing home network.

By luciano c

Nov 3, 2020

Come introduzione và benissimo. Soprattutto la parte iniziale spiega molto bene lo schema generale delle comunicazioni.

As introduction is pretty good. Especially the first part explain in a clean and very good way the broad picture of the communications.

By ROBERT P

Feb 7, 2021

I really liked how the teacher highlighted main points in the lessons. I really grateful to be able to take this class. I have learned a lot. I am a beginner of the tech world this is my first class on learning the tech world. Thank you for this class.

By Khandaker M A

Jul 14, 2020

The best course I have ever found on TCP/IP. It's really interesting and one of the best courses on Coursera. I recommend this course who wants to have at least a minimal knowledge on Computer Networking. Thanks Prof. Moon to let us know all these.

By kathiravan

Dec 21, 2020

introduction to tcp/ip course was really the awesome for beginners. and the prof.mr. jong moon chung was really good at explaining every concepts short and neat i really enjoyed his classes thank you prof.mr.moon thank you very much

By Jan P C

Sep 12, 2020

Really good course and covers most of the topics related to TCP/IP. However, an improvement would have been explaining the tracert functions on how to set up the syntax for a command that requires the use of those functions.

By Stephane E

Aug 31, 2020

Very good introduction to TCP/IP.

Theory is complemented by a practical example using Wireshark at the end of the lecture which is really nice. I would recommend this course for anyone with no or little knowledge of TCP/IP.

By Yang Z

Dec 28, 2018

Supper clear especially chapter 1 subnet and routing table parts! It would be better if you can combine the IP4,6 header with wireshark lab together. And the rest of the chapters lack depth but are good for starters.

By Thierry K

Sep 5, 2019

I didn't finish the course on time for various reasons so I missed the deadline for the final assessment but overall my initial goal was achieved: to gain a solid introductory knowledge into TCP\IP i can build upon.

By Anthony P I

Apr 4, 2021

This course helped me to learn more in detail about the world of TCP/IP. Realizing that TCP/IP needs protection from attacks has taught me that even at the microlevel of computing you have positives and negatives.

By adeeba k

Aug 24, 2020

It was a great learning experience, instructor is very interactive and i was able to understand all the topics efficiently. Best course for those who is interesting and want to upgrade their skills in networking.

By Wagner B

Apr 23, 2021

Very understandable. I've learned a lot. However, it is not easy. There is a lot of concepts that you have to catch and revise during the course. The Wireshark introduction was a bonus at the end of the course.

By Suresh C P

Jun 3, 2020

I am already learned about networking but this course update my skills some Topic is very exciting and new for me like Networking Security & breaches and Wireshark projects.finally i enjoy and learn a lot.

By Muhammad B

Jul 1, 2021

Really fantastic experience learning with Yonsei University course on this platform. Prominent study materials and consistence roadmap of TCP/IP. Its a great experience for me.

Muhammad Bilal Chughtai.

By ONGOLU V P R

Jun 14, 2020

This course gave me an overall overview of internet protocols, how the data packets are being transferred between the systems, a brief view of cyber attacks, and an overview of the usage of Wire shark.

By Sanwal C

Feb 17, 2019

It is a good course for beginners to get to know how behind the scene modern day internet works. The course also contains topics related to cyber security threats and how we can minimize those attacks.

By Gabriel P

Mar 21, 2021

By Edward J

Aug 24, 2021

By Lal B

Jan 4, 2021

Amazing course and for sure the easy and understandable explanation. I highly recommend everyone to take this course if you wanna very basic of TCP/IP, OSI module and various cybersecurity terms.

By Alejandro V d P

Sep 11, 2021

Muy buen curso, me han quedado bastante claras las ideas de cómo funciona todo el tema de internet y como capturar el tráfico, al igual que los posibles ciberataques y sus respectivas defensas.

By 18E138 P S

Sep 6, 2020

The course is very informative. The information that I learned from this course is new to me and it is also basic if you want to become a more knowledgeable person in this technological world