Back to Teaching Science at University

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Science at University by University of Zurich

This course will prepare you for teaching science in higher education. In this MOOC you will learn to make your knowledge as an excellent researcher accessible to your students. We will show you how to communicate science to novices as well as advanced students in science. You will experience the value of teaching with analogies and you will be guided to train your students' competences. Based on up-to-date findings from research into teaching and learning science you will be able to - implement evidence-based strategies into your own teaching, - use students everyday-conceptions for the development of courses, - prepare analogies and models to teach in your field, - implement problem-based teaching, - set up for experiments and teach the nature of science. This course enables you to teach abstract science topics to your students and make them become active and successful learners. The course is based on lectures (videos), handouts (knowledge-to practice briefs), which supplement the knowledge taught in the lectures and assignments to implement the teaching strategies into your own practice....

MM
Sep 16, 2018

It was useful for me as beginner. I learned how to give an assessment, planning for the course, developing my course material, raise the competitions between my students and more.

RV
Mar 2, 2018

This is a very exceptional course for me as a teacher. Very helpful insights and learnings. Thanks Prof. Dr. Kai Niebert for you wonderful teaching methodologies. God bless you.

26 - 50 of 50 Reviews for Teaching Science at University

By Renan A d S

Aug 30, 2020

Great course! Awesome discussions and materials, I sure have developed some skills from this course on how to teach.

By Jeffrey L F

Jun 23, 2020

This course is very informative and is really relevant for improving Science education. Worthy of time and effort.

By amcontrerasvera@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2017

I really enjoyed taking this course. I recommended it to everyone with an interest in teaching and learning.

By Vinitha P

Mar 21, 2020

A very interesting course indeed. The assignments were fun to do. and peer-review was a good exercise.

By Antara V

Jul 22, 2020

It was a very relevant and interesting course. I found it thorough, and learnt a lot from it.

By Zahra J

Oct 7, 2020

a thought provoking and informative course with very simple teacing illustrations....

By Dr. M K S

Jun 27, 2020

This course will be really very helpful in my career.

Will recommend for others also.

By Stefan B

Mar 16, 2017

Great course. VEry helpful for my proper teaching.

Inspiring teacher.

By Natascia V

Aug 31, 2020

this was a very helpful course and i would highly recommend it

By JOSE L B O

Jul 21, 2020

It´s really useful. It has many tips to improve teaching.

By Aruni

Jan 18, 2018

Inspiring tipps for own teaching. Thank you!

By Amanda

Jan 18, 2018

Great material. Videos were very helpful.

By RODRIGO E P M

Sep 11, 2020

An excellent course. Highly recommended.

By Sabine B

Learnt heaps, thanks!

By David R I

Dec 3, 2020

Realyy Good

By Joe B

Jan 29, 2020

The content of this course is excellent. It enriched my teaching with a fresh theoretical understanding of learning in science and equipped me with tools to keep students engaged and facilitate their learning. The best aspect for me where the overview sheets that summarize the most important content and provide a helpful reference for later.

I only have two minor criticisms. I appreciate that the exercises are useful to reflect and relate the content to one's own teaching, but it appears to be difficult to get good feedback from peers in time. The other minor issue is that the lecturer is sometimes difficult to follow due to his non-standard pronunciation. I recommend switching the subtitles on.

By Dr S B

Aug 3, 2020

It was an exciting experience participating in this course. The quality of teaching and educational materials provided was exceptional. I learn some new things that would shape my understanding and teaching of science

By Abheepsa M

Apr 13, 2020

Excellent course. Learned innovative methods of teaching science.

By Pablo A A

Nov 27, 2017

Muy recomendable para profesores recién incorporados.

By Pankaj A

Oct 28, 2020

Very effective for lesson planning

By Haritha

Jul 13, 2017

was quite helpful and motivating

By Vicent B

Oct 8, 2019

The classes are well prepared

By Alan D B

Sep 14, 2020

The videos are great.

By Mohamed A A A E

Mar 16, 2017

This course is not organised so well concerning grading process.....there is a lot of mistakes in the criteria of grading ....also the material is not so good ....I learn nothing new ...... the worst course i took in coursera Actually so no stars goes to this course

By Jakub K

Feb 17, 2017

Teaching behaviourism in 2017 is scandalous.