Back to Technical Support Fundamentals

Technical Support Fundamentals, Google

About this Course

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. We’ll go through what a technical interview could look like, and provide tips on how to best prepare for one. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to: ● understand how the binary system works. ● assemble a computer from scratch. ● choose and install an operating system on a computer. ● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world. ● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer. ● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting....

By DP

Mar 06, 2018

Awesome course designed by google. Thank you very much. Knowledge gained in just introductery leactures started burning desire in me to complete whole syllabus. Every bit of program is worth the time.

By JM

Feb 15, 2018

Great introduction to IT and the different standards that are used in the field. It really gives you an idea of what to expect and the different aspects that you may encounter while you're on the job.

2,570 Reviews

By Steven Crimi

Mar 24, 2019

It was good course. The presentations were great. The content was a little less technical than I would have like. with that said, I know it was an intro course for beginners and I'm looking forward to the next courses.

By Mickael Demonchaux

Mar 24, 2019

Enjoyed the lessons provided by Google IT staffs. There are few errors in the videos that have been corrected with side notes which is kind of unexpected errors from IT pros. At least it shows that everybody is human :)

By Sydney Croft

Mar 23, 2019

More than enough information to give you a beginner's look at the IT field.

By Noor Hasan

Mar 23, 2019

Very good course for IT freshers

By Emanuel Montalvo

Mar 23, 2019

This is a perfect start for those beginners in the IT Field. Being able to receive a basic idea for each major area is a plus.

By Utkarsh wadiar

Mar 23, 2019

loved the detailed nature of the course. Its very good, not just for freshers but also people working in IT field already.

By Johnley Jean

Mar 23, 2019

this was an amazing journey

By Eduardo Lamas

Mar 22, 2019

I learned a lot from this first course. Even tough the course got me frustrated in certain sections I found it very helpful!

By Constantine Chelios

Mar 22, 2019

Qwiklabs suck big time, look what I just got in my mail:

"Hello Constantine,Let me introduce myself, I am Priyanka at Qwiklabs and I am in charge of your happiness.

Priyanka from Qwiklabs"

Not only their systems are not working and choose to ignore all those people complaining, their support staff are rude too.

So much for "Technical Support Fundamentals", ah, the irony!

By Francisco Antonio Perez

Mar 22, 2019

I did enjoy this video because it gives you not only insight, but also outside knowledge of professional IT Support professionals. You can replay video as many times as you want, and also during video lecture, it gives you a pop quiz to see if you are paying attention or not during the video. Simply fascinating!